Corona

simo

4 hours ago, Doggy said:

Dandenong is in quarantine at the moment since 22 0f March.

Means the Hard Rubbish ( Trash ) and Treasure market is in the same boat.

Yeah it's weird at times.
I mean at a drive-in, you drive a car in, stay in your car, you are alone the whole time.
No change of transmission here, but I guess they have to fall into line with the whole essential shopping stuff regardless.

All markets have been closed since it all started.
I have expos and gift fairs booked, and they have been resheduled for November and at undecided dates yet.

The Reed Gift Fair reckon they are still going ahead in August at this point.
They get 30,000+ people through. Great for the economy as it helps businesses (wholesale gift fair) but no great for social distancing, so will be interesting to see where they go if measures are relaxed.
I am not booked with them, but they normally exhibit with AGHA who are their rivals, but they work together. They have pulled out of August, so if it does go ahead I'll likely do both first (if the prices is right)

I think people have adapted pretty well.
Yesterday (Saturday) I heard the local shopping centre was as full as it was before all this, so people have decided to relax measures themselves it seems.
Main thing to get back for a sense of normality is the football. Looking at June at the moment :)

• 2023 Gold Donors
27 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah it's weird at times.
I mean at a drive-in, you drive a car in, stay in your car, you are alone the whole time.
No change of transmission here, but I guess they have to fall into line with the whole essential shopping stuff regardless.

All markets have been closed since it all started.
I have expos and gift fairs booked, and they have been resheduled for November and at undecided dates yet.

The Reed Gift Fair reckon they are still going ahead in August at this point.
They get 30,000+ people through. Great for the economy as it helps businesses (wholesale gift fair) but no great for social distancing, so will be interesting to see where they go if measures are relaxed.
I am not booked with them, but they normally exhibit with AGHA who are their rivals, but they work together. They have pulled out of August, so if it does go ahead I'll likely do both first (if the prices is right)

I think people have adapted pretty well.
Yesterday (Saturday) I heard the local shopping centre was as full as it was before all this, so people have decided to relax measures themselves it seems.
Main thing to get back for a sense of normality is the football. Looking at June at the moment :)

I'm very curious as to what line of business you're in mate, as you've mentioned it many time. As for the AFL returning, I believe you're a Swans supporter, so I wouldn't have thought you'd be too keen for the League to resume. I could understand it if you were a Collingwood supporter. 😉 For those overseas, the Collingwood Magpies are the most successful and beloved AFL club in Australia. Think "Manchester United" of Aussie Rules. 😉😉

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

I'm very curious as to what line of business you're in mate, as you've mentioned it many time. As for the AFL returning, I believe you're a Swans supporter, so I wouldn't have thought you'd be too keen for the League to resume. I could understand it if you were a Collingwood supporter. 😉 For those overseas, the Collingwood Magpies are the most successful and beloved AFL club in Australia. Think "Manchester United" of Aussie Rules. 😉😉

OK, for starters, you keep on talking about Collingwood in a favorable light and we will have issues :)
Collingwood are the most universally hated club but no supporters.
Even Geoff likely hates Collingwood, and he hates AFL
My daughters boyfriend and my best mate are Wobbles supporters and I have a lot of fun constantly making fun of them.

Anyway, that aside, the Swans are sitting 8th on the ladder :D
We have the core of experienced youth to dominate in years to come. We've only missed the finals what once or twice in the last 20 years?

We import and wholesale natural crystals (jewellery, carvings, geodes, etc) as our core business.
Nothing too spectacular, just my wife and I working out of a warehouse in Ferntree Gully, but it means usually I get to go to China a couple of times a year, Tucson sometomes, and rarely India.
Was looking at Brazil this year untill all this happened.
We supply shops, market stall holders, massage therapists etc as well as online sellers.
Through that we were able to purchase the National Dinosaur Museum in Canberra with a couple of otehrs, which is why I'll refer to travel there every so often.
My wife's mother also lives there and she is pretty ill, so we were having extra trips on to of the 4 or 5 every year to the business.

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

OK, for starters, you keep on talking about Collingwood in a favorable light and we will have issues :)
Collingwood are the most universally hated club but no supporters.
Even Geoff likely hates Collingwood, and he hates AFL
My daughters boyfriend and my best mate are Wobbles supporters and I have a lot of fun constantly making fun of them.

Anyway, that aside, the Swans are sitting 8th on the ladder :D
We have the core of experienced youth to dominate in years to come. We've only missed the finals what once or twice in the last 20 years?

We import and wholesale natural crystals (jewellery, carvings, geodes, etc) as our core business.
Nothing too spectacular, just my wife and I working out of a warehouse in Ferntree Gully, but it means usually I get to go to China a couple of times a year, Tucson sometomes, and rarely India.
Was looking at Brazil this year untill all this happened.
We supply shops, market stall holders, massage therapists etc as well as online sellers.
Through that we were able to purchase the National Dinosaur Museum in Canberra with a couple of otehrs, which is why I'll refer to travel there every so often.
My wife's mother also lives there and she is pretty ill, so we were having extra trips on to of the 4 or 5 every year to the business.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, but your business sounds very cool. As for the Swans, i've always had a soft spot for them. When I was young I was lucky enough to have both Great Grandparents on my mother's side still alive. They were staunch South Melbourne members and went to every game. Whenever Collingwood played South Melbourne they would always take me. Looking back now I'm sure it killed them dragging along a kid in full Collingwood Regalia through the South Melbourne members area. Being club members they would always have first priority to Grand Final tickets every year. One of my earliest football memories is going to the 1980 Collingwood vs Richmond Grand Final with my Great Grandmother when I was 8.

I used to go to Victoria Park to watch South Melburne play Collingwood.
Very scary as a teenager in full Swans get up walking through the outer behind the goal square with a LOT of angry Pies supporters glaring at me.
Recall there being a fairly large police presence and they also looked concerned that I was in enemy territory lol

My first grand final was the  Swans win after 72 years or so.
Was amazing to be there, especially at such a close nail biter.
i didn't even hear the siren because of the crown noise.

• 2023 Gold Donors
28 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

I used to go to Victoria Park to watch South Melburne play Collingwood.
Very scary as a teenager in full Swans get up walking through the outer behind the goal square with a LOT of angry Pies supporters glaring at me.
Recall there being a fairly large police presence and they also looked concerned that I was in enemy territory lol

My first grand final was the  Swans win after 72 years or so.
Was amazing to be there, especially at such a close nail biter.
i didn't even hear the siren because of the crown noise.

The one thing that is lacking in AFL is the parochial home ground advantage (except for interstate teams and Geelong) Most every other major sporting league has it's own home for each club. I remember the glory days of Victoria Park, Windy Hill, Glenferrie Oval, Arden Street, etc. To bring the conversation back to "Corona", maybe we might see these vintage venues upgraded and used in favour of the larger capacity stadiums?   

47 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

The one thing that is lacking in AFL is the parochial home ground advantage (except for interstate teams and Geelong) Most every other major sporting league has it's own home for each club. I remember the glory days of Victoria Park, Windy Hill, Glenferrie Oval, Arden Street, etc. To bring the conversation back to "Corona", maybe we might see these vintage venues upgraded and used in favour of the larger capacity stadiums?   

Of course Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond and Melbourne all have the home ground of the MCG where the grand final is played every year :(

I hate that the AFL banned West Coast and Freo from training now that they can gather in up to 10 people there, because Richmond et-al complained about 'fairness' lol

Anyway, maybe in the short term the will use the old grounds (those that still exist - I'm sure Victoria Park was sold) as the 'hubs' to get the game happening again, they don't need grounds with 100,000 capacity, just grounds that have, or easy to set up, camera coverage

15 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Remembering going to Victoria Park and Windy Hill back to watch the Saints to put up fight. The fights they have these days are tame, not like they were in later 70s - early 80s, when Mad Dog was playing .

The old centre square at Moorabian was ankle depth of mud where other grounds were dry. Four life members used water the centre on Fridays' night if was a home game.

Talking about Mr Muir, I had the chance meet when turn up my cricket club. He was a friend one of bowlers. After the intros was over, we asked him if was interested playing a game as we are one short. I said to " Imagine the Mad Dog and Doggy " and he came back was " Sorry son, I cannot played I got banned for life where played last Something using my bat against an umpire

One of biggest disappointment was meet Nicky Winmar , few my mates played with him when he was at Warby.

After the season, he left $ 5,00 bottle shop tab, $6,000 supermarket tab. Returning the assistant coach's car with no thread on tyres and no brakes.

Edited by Doggy

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Doggy said:

Remembering going to Victoria Park and Windy Hill back to watch the Saints to put up fight. The fights they have these days are tame, not like they were in later 70s - early 80s, when Mad Dog was playing .

The old centre square at Moorabian was ankle depth of mud where other grounds were dry. Four life members used water the centre on Fridays' night if was a home game.

Talking about Mr Muir, I had the chance meet when turn up my cricket club. He was a friend one of bowlers. After the intros was over, we asked him if was interested playing a game as we are one short. I said to " Imagine the Mad Dog and Doggy " and he came back was " Sorry son, I cannot played I got banned for life where played last Something using my bat against an umpire

One of biggest disappointment was meet Nicky Winmar , few my mates played with him when he was at Warby.

After the season, he left $ 5,00 bottle shop tab, $6,000 supermarket tab. Returning the assistant coach's car with no thread on tyres and no brakes.

Robbie "Mad Dog" Muir. What an animal. If we brought back the Biff most of these young upstarts wouldn't know what hit them (literally). Barry Hall was probably the last of the true hard men.

Before Hall there was Mal Brown, one season at Richmond. I remember watching " Footy Highlights " with Peter Landy was the host, one highlight was when Brown want take on the Carlton.

I remember Robbie Muir from my old footy cards, which I still have. An ugly son of a bitch for sure.
Remember going to one of the last games at Brunswick Street Oval, not sure if it was the last, but it was the last for me (the Swans played them)
Was the last game I remember seeing at a suburban ground, save Optus Oval or Kardinia Park.

Back to subject, I just got back to see  if I  got virus. I turned away, cause didn't have any symptoms .

Edited by Doggy

We are entering easing of restrictions.
They are recommending pretty much anyone get tested, no real requirements of symptoms needed.

"If you feel a little off, get tested"
Every state is winding back pretty fast except for mine, Victoria, because of our leader Kim Jong-Andrews.

Several countries that eased up restrictions are seeing an increase in virus cases so this is far from over...I expect this to be the new normal as the virus is not going away any time soon...we need a working vaccine or at least drugs that mitigate the sickness and the vaccine is at least a year away if not several years...they are still trying to find a vaccine for HIV and that has been around for decades of course there is a lot more money being thrown at this virus so we can only hope for the best....

Edited by Dead Planet

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

We are entering easing of restrictions.
They are recommending pretty much anyone get tested, no real requirements of symptoms needed.

"If you feel a little off, get tested"
Every state is winding back pretty fast except for mine, Victoria, because of our leader Kim Jong-Andrews.

As you can see, I was knocked back today cause I didn't show any symptoms.

So America should conduct 330 million tests?
I'm pretty sure all available tests there are bing used right now.

Not sure about Canada, but I doubt Americans will agree to any form of tracking.
In Australia, as of 8th May, we have 29% of smartphone users over 14 years of age who have downloaded the CovidSAFE app.
Target is minimum 40% which we may not reach, but amazing that over 20% of the total population have decided to download a tracking app.

3 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Everyone should be getting tested since one of the major sources of this virus are asymptomatic people...until we can track down all the people who are passing this virus on to others we will never get a grip on the pandemic....

Uhh.... whut?

All that tells you is whether you currently have coronavirus or had it at some point in the recent past (there's a window for accurate testing). What about next week? The week after? Are you suggesting that everyone be tested every week? That would be an incredible waste of time, money, and available tests, specially for countries with large populations.

No. Unless you have symptoms, are in a high risk category, or live with someone high risk and have a substantive reason to believe you have been exposed, there is no reason for everyone to be tested. That's just panic talking.

• My Little Pony
5 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

That's just panic talking.

That pretty much sums up this entire "pandemic." Common sense and rationale have been set to the wayside while fear and hysteria are dictating how we live our lives. 

https://www.wbal.com/article/455407/2/maryland-nursing-home-resident-contracts-coronavirus-for-second-time

Family members want answers after a Maryland nursing home resident contracted the coronavirus for the second time. 

At the end of March, 70-year-old Paul Mantheiy, who has diabetes, heart problems and Alzheimer's tested positive for the coronavirus after he was a resident at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Mount Airy, according to WBAL-TV 11. 

After a month-long hospital stay and recovering from the virus, Mantheiy was isolated at Meadow Park Nursing Home in Baltimore County where he tested positive for the coronavirus again. 

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

https://www.wbal.com/article/455407/2/maryland-nursing-home-resident-contracts-coronavirus-for-second-time

Family members want answers after a Maryland nursing home resident contracted the coronavirus for the second time. 

At the end of March, 70-year-old Paul Mantheiy, who has diabetes, heart problems and Alzheimer's tested positive for the coronavirus after he was a resident at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Mount Airy, according to WBAL-TV 11. 

After a month-long hospital stay and recovering from the virus, Mantheiy was isolated at Meadow Park Nursing Home in Baltimore County where he tested positive for the coronavirus again. 

I wonder if he just got sent home too early. Two news stories yesterday were oldest woman in Italy (113) survives virus after two month battle. 

70 year old woman latest death in Australia after two month battle.