Crazy Lixx - Forever Wild

Stefan

What's the deal with all the synthwave remixes? Will there be a bonus synthwave album at some point? 

Love it

Great tune,another reason for me to be looking forward to this cd release,as for a synthwave album from these guys i'd definitely buy it  :)

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, tts42572 said:

Eagle is really good....cool, different vibe with that one.  It just gets a little long for my attention span but it's really good and suspect it'll be excellent to see live.  

Album is just superb and whole thing is basically melodic bliss if you ask me.  

The only thing I could see anybody maybe being critical of is that it isn't an overly heavy album and is a ways away from their earlier, sleazier style.  For me though, I've always liked their more melodic stuff and this album hits that sweet spot perfectly.

Red light... in the car singing along "It's you",  heavenly lady from Ukrainian steppes next to me, "Babe, it's you", next chapter later tonite!  2GTBT in the skies of Ukraine...

Made it through about half the album on my way to work this morning. And man if that Terminal Velocity track wasn't a surprise!! When that riff came in it blew me away, so good and I immediately thought it sounded a bit different to what they had ever done before but very good.

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

2nd half is better imo.

top tracks : It's You & Weekend Lover

For me it's all awesome and not a weak spot on it.

It's You is probably my favorite tune but I really dig Silent Thunder too.  Heck, I like every song here.  

I suspect that if somebody wants to be critical they might say it's not as heavy as some of their older stuff and is kinda lacking some balls.  But you'll get no criticism from me.....I love the vibe of it.  I freaking wish Def Leppard would put out an album with tunes like this.

I think this fits perfectly in their catalog while expanding it.  Just really dig how melodic this one is.  I know there's some great stuff coming later this year but the bar has been set high with this one.

8 hours ago, simo said:

Made it through about half the album on my way to work this morning. And man if that Terminal Velocity track wasn't a surprise!! When that riff came in it blew me away, so good and I immediately thought it sounded a bit different to what they had ever done before but very good.

Sadly, that is the only song I don't like on the album. 

It's another good album. Consistent, good time rock anthems. 

My favourite tune is 'It's You' followed by 'Weekend Lover' and 'Never Die.' 

If I had to level one spot of criticism at the album, and it now applies for a few of them, it's the production. Man you have to crank this to get some meat out of it. It's hard for me to describe, but even though this all sounds good, all the instrumentation and vocals all seem to blend into one. Which sounds cool, but in a nutshell, I want to hear heavy, pounding drums when I listen to these guys. Sadly, the drums, instead, just quietly blend in with everything else. 

The sound quality is solid - I'd just prefer a meatier, heavier production for these guys. 

16 hours ago, Geoff said:

If I had to level one spot of criticism at the album, and it now applies for a few of them, it's the production. Man you have to crank this to get some meat out of it. It's hard for me to describe, but even though this all sounds good, all the instrumentation and vocals all seem to blend into one. Which sounds cool, but in a nutshell, I want to hear heavy, pounding drums when I listen to these guys. Sadly, the drums, instead, just quietly blend in with everything else. 

The sound quality is solid - I'd just prefer a meatier, heavier production for these guys. 

I love it because it's quite Pretty Maids-ish. But obviously not in the samle league as the already classix It's you + Forever Wild (btw, this is an old song of Danny, according to the booklet of the cd). 

don't get this comment at all. Production on the last 2 albums have been spot. Sounds awesome to me.

Mind you I'm listening on Spotify on highest quality setting through Sonos. Everything sounds awesome like that ;)

This album is near perfection. I was impressed with the 3 first singles but the 2nd half of the album is even better. 

Crazy Lixx is the best band out there at the moment doing and perfecting the 80’s sound. 

This release blows me away! 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

don't get this comment at all. Production on the last 2 albums have been spot. Sounds awesome to me.

Mind you I'm listening on Spotify on highest quality setting through Sonos. Everything sounds awesome like that ;)

My thoughts on the production of CL albums has been the same for a while. It's a nice sound - but jeez they lack balls. :(

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

My thoughts on the production of CL albums has been the same for a while. It's a nice sound - but jeez they lack balls. :(

You’d prefer more of a debut Skid Row opposed to a Slippery When Wet era Bon Jovi in the sound?

Ya a bit heavier sound would really work for these types of rock songs. Especially when you want to crank up the volume.

Edited by Ponen