Crazy Lixx - Forever Wild

Stefan

• My Little Pony
9 minutes ago, Socratic Methodist said:

I trust nobody who thinks The Magnificent is a good group!  :hammer::doh:

Oh, because The Magnificent are an amazing group? I gotcha!

15 hours ago, Socratic Methodist said:

Who on earth thinks that??

On 3/8/2019 at 5:18 AM, Geoff said:

Their only hiccup was a very moderate one if you're comparing weakest albums in other bands' discographies. 'Riot Avenue' is a good album - just a shame it sounds like dog balls production-wise. But it's far from a poor album. The rest, though - excellent discography from debut to now. 

Agree!

On 3/8/2019 at 12:36 PM, Socratic Methodist said:

And why is this being brought up on a Crazy Lixx thread??!

• 3 weeks later...

I love this sound. Crazy Lixx always deliver good arena rock.

Not always original but very good.

Well It's true all their albums sound the same, when they try to change  a bit (riot avenue) they get worst.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New album is out in Japan and got a chance to listen to it....

Only one listen but absolutely loving what I'm hearing.  They've basically blown up the backing vocals, harmonies, melodies and hooks.  

The last album had the 80's horror movie vibe and this one has an 80's cruising with the top down summer vibe.

While I like most of what these guys have done I'd say my favorite CL songs have been the more melodic stuff....Want It, Blame It On Love, Walk The Wire, etc....And that's basically the vibe I'm getting from most of the songs on the album.  

Need more listens to let it sink in but great stuff IMO.

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

New album is out in Japan and got a chance to listen to it....

Only one listen but absolutely loving what I'm hearing.  They've basically blown up the backing vocals, harmonies, melodies and hooks.  

The last album had the 80's horror movie vibe and this one has an 80's cruising with the top down summer vibe.

While I like most of what these guys have done I'd say my favorite CL songs have been the more melodic stuff....Want It, Blame It On Love, Walk The Wire, etc....And that's basically the vibe I'm getting from most of the songs on the album.  

Need more listens to let it sink in but great stuff IMO.

Nice.im looking forward to next weeks release,although I did hear the track "Eagle" on a rock radio channel online,can't remember which,only reason I know it was Eagle is because he said it quite a bit,,,sounded good,very Leppardish intro also from what I could make out...really looking forward to the full release landing on my doorstep next Friday  :)

Edited by lettard

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Nice.im looking forward to next weeks release,although I did hear the track "Eagle" on a rock radio channel online,can't remember which,only reason I know it was Eagle is because he said it quite a bit,,,sounded good,very Leppardish intro also from what I could make out...really looking forward to the full release landing on my doorstep next Friday  :)

Yeah....That one is a bit different and kinda Leppardish.   It's like a 6 minute long track.  Pretty good tune although I feel like the last minute is a little bit unnecessary.

I think if I picking my early favorites it would be Wicked, Break Out, Silent Thunder and It's You.

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Yeah....That one is a bit different and kinda Leppardish.   It's like a 6 minute long track.  Pretty good tune although I feel like the last minute is a little bit unnecessary.

I think if I picking my early favorites it would be Wicked, Break Out, Silent Thunder and It's You.

Love'em all! But...

what about Eagle, mate? With a strong reference to ABBA's masterpiece!  What an anthemic piece of melodic bliss! 

10 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Love'em all! But...

what about Eagle, mate? With a strong reference to ABBA's masterpiece!  What an anthemic piece of melodic bliss! 

Eagle is really good....cool, different vibe with that one.  It just gets a little long for my attention span but it's really good and suspect it'll be excellent to see live.  

Album is just superb and whole thing is basically melodic bliss if you ask me.  

The only thing I could see anybody maybe being critical of is that it isn't an overly heavy album and is a ways away from their earlier, sleazier style.  For me though, I've always liked their more melodic stuff and this album hits that sweet spot perfectly.

26 minutes ago, sirlemonhead said:

Yeah really liking this too, so far. A step up from the previous which I thought was pretty good in itself!

Jebus wept...that was my album of the year 2017 so im having wet dreams over the new release now...in a week they come true I hope  :)

Edited by lettard