Going bald

simo

I have mentioned it before, I still have some left but it's not much (Scorpions style). There was a time when I thought about a hair replacement or a wig. I don't know what Blackmore did but I've seen pics from around 1976/77 where you could see he was starting to lose hair/receding hairline. All of a sudden he had a full head of hair again. I don't like being bald but I'm 43 now so I'm ok with it.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, there are treatments you can have done. I have no idea what they cost, and, as I'll never go bald, I need not worry.

In my opinion, find out now what you'd look like with a shaved head. And maybe start rocking that look early. Don't be one of those guys that constantly wears a hat to hide it. Embrace it.

Been rapidly goin Bald this last 6 or 7 years,it got to me at the start as i'd always had long hair but I really couldn't give a toss anymore,i've got used to it,head stays shaved but not all shaved off as its just bald spot on the back so its like a number 2 all round :) as stated already I have just embraced it because not only did I start to go bald at that time but my blonde locks became greyer but since I was blonde I'm now what id describe as silver all over & I'm 44 :) may have been different case if it had have happened before I got married and had children...I dunno,my two youngest sons only ever remember me the way I am now,which I like :)

I'm with Karpet. Embrace it. Nothing you can do about it unless you want to look like Kevin Dubrow on QRIII or Joey Lawrence on whatever his new sitcom is; that is to say ridiculously in denial.

I'd much sooner take my family on a 5 star vacation to Bora Bora for what it would cost to get a halfway legit head of hair.

Now that might be easy for me to say as I'm wearing a lion's mane of naturally platinum blonde hair halfway down my back and it is the longest I've ever worn it. Ironically enough, I've also been sporting a ball cap or tuque (Yea, I'm Canadian!!) the last 3 years just to keep the hair under control and out of my eyes. For all anyone knows I might already be Kim Mitchell on top.

But the front is thinning out and receding gradually so my day may come. At which point I'll ask myself; do I want hair or a new motorcycle? And that's a no brainer.

Just shave it off. I did. If you hold onto the strands you'll get used to it and in your mind begin to think it looks good. Everyone will stare and you'll wonder whether it's good or bad but trust me.....It's BAD!

• 2023 Gold Donors

Just shave it off. I did. If you hold onto the strands you'll get used to it and in your mind begin to think it looks good. Everyone will stare and you'll wonder whether it's good or bad but trust me.....It's BAD!

Yeah, i agree mate. Nothing worse than the dreaded comb over, or a bald head with a foot long ponytail. I haven't gone the full shave yet, but it's not too far away.

I'm guessing that just about everyone on here has had the long flowing locks at one stage. It's a shame that some of us will lose them, but i guess that's life. As KarpetRyd said, the only thing you can do is embrace it.

Yeah, there are treatments you can have done. I have no idea what they cost, and, as I'll never go bald, I need not worry.

Ha, you serious, or just jesting? You probably just cursed yourself there. You'll be bald by the time your 18th birthday comes around.

My hairline has gradually receded in recent years, but I'm still okay. My poor younger brother's lost heaps. Middle bro still has a thick head of hair. Will see how the next 10 or so years go...

When I wash my hair, I use a "hair retain" shampoo every time, for whatever good that does.

• My Little Pony

Ha, you serious, or just jesting? You probably just cursed yourself there. You'll be bald by the time your 18th birthday comes around.

My hairline has gradually receded in recent years, but I'm still okay. My poor younger brother's lost heaps. Middle bro still has a thick head of hair. Will see how the next 10 or so years go...

When I wash my hair, I use a "hair retain" shampoo every time, for whatever good that does.

Nobody on my mum's side (the gene is passed on from the mother) has ever gone bald. And, just to be safe, nobody on my dad's side, either. But me living to be 18 years old is not guaranteed.

Nobody on my mum's side (the gene is passed on from the mother) has ever gone bald. And, just to be safe, nobody on my dad's side, either. But me living to be 18 years old is not guaranteed.

If genes can be trusted that much, hopefully I'll be right too. My Dad's not bald, but just a significant receded hairline. I guess that's probably what I'll be in for, in time.

It's not that easy, yeah chances are greater you'll keep your hair given nobody in your family has had it. But nature can be tricky sometimes, I once heard that whether you'll keep your hair is down to a gene that is passed on but if you have this gene you won't necessarily go bald, only if it's ''activated'' so it could go both ways

I'm no scientist and don't remember exactly but something along those lines :D

• My Little Pony

It's not that easy, yeah chances are greater you'll keep your hair given nobody in your family has had it. But nature can be tricky sometimes, I once heard that whether you'll keep your hair is down to a gene that is passed on but if you have this gene you won't necessarily go bald, only if it's ''activated'' so it could go both ways

I'm no scientist and don't remember exactly but something along those lines :D

Fair enough. But I assume it would show some signs by now. I mean, I'm nearly 18, and still have thick-ass hair.

• 2 months later...

Shaved off these days .....I gave up on it sometime between the age of 40-45 when it looked awful - I still look awful though but in a more general way! If I could still grow it long I would - but at least I had it when it counted/mattered :D

Joe Lynn Turner has a disease called Alopecia so he has a wig. In 1991 I started going bald. It was not funny I can tell you but AOR collecting/listening is still as enjoyable and the guitar playing is still as exciting. I almost fap as much as I did back then too, there are worse things in life than losing your hair.

Thomas, middle age crazy AORster

• 2023 Gold Donors

I had long hair up to the age of 30 and then cut it short.Then in my late 30's i started to thin and i always said if i started to go bald i'd shave it so i did. Just accept the fact your going bald and embrace it and SHAVE IT OFF, believe me there is nothing worse than trying to hide the fact you're balding as you just end up looking like a dick. The razor is your friend.

• My Little Pony

No one can pull that off....

I used to wear it ironically in highschool. I was an ass though, 'cause I did it to mock another kid in my grade. Still am an ass, actually.