Quiet Riot - Road Rage

Stefan

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That singer can't even stay in tune in his own song.......damn......feel bad for Banali using this singer and shame on Frontiers for releasing this. Maybe....by some luck the other songs will be better....but I ain't holdin' my breath!

OK, so I saw a post on Trumpbook about this so I opened it.

Curiosity got me.
I didn't hate it.

Still no interest but I guess I was expecting utter utter shit because of the posts here and it was better than I expected.

No inclination to go back for more though....

Frankie..... please end this joke:

The plans for a video clip have been rejected by Quiet Riot as a result of these recent developments: “The dilemma is that I should ask James to move his lips to the vocals of another. I do not want to put him in an unpleasant situation, which could give the fans a wrong impression. But I’ve already started writing new songs for an album with James, which will be released next year.”

According to Banali, Durbin had long been his first choice for the singer post: “When I wrote the material for Road Rage with my songwriting partner Neil Citron, James was my favorite. Because he had other commitments, I had to look for a replacement, and Seann Nichols was the third on my candidate list. Of course, I would prefer James to be heard on Road Rage – but you can only work with the people who are currently available.”

Who the hell was second on his list?

According to Banali, Durbin had long been his first choice for the singer post: “When I wrote the material for Road Rage with my songwriting partner Neil Citron, James was my favorite. Because he had other commitments, I had to look for a replacement, and Seann Nichols was the third on my candidate list. Of course, I would prefer James to be heard on Road Rage – but you can only work with the people who are currently available.”

He's coming off as an ass.

He kind of sounded like an ass in the QR movie thing.

A guy at another forum I frequent wondered if Bobby Blotzer made Seann Nichols a better offer :rofl2:

He kind of sounded like an ass in the QR movie thing.

Ah I didn't see the QR movie thing.

A guy at another forum I frequent wondered if Bobby Blotzer made Seann Nichols a better offer :rofl2:

Oh boy lol. That's a whole 'nother can of ridiculous worms

Banali is just trying so hard to keep this thing going. I feel for him, and appreciate his desire (monetary necessity), but Quiet Riot died with Dubrow as far as I'm concerned... and to be honest, they haven't really been relative to me since about 1985.

Gotta give them credit for that debut, however. Perfect place at the perfect time.

The two albums QR did with Randy Rhoads are worth a listen ... nothing ground-breaking, but an interesting 'what might have been'-kinda curio ...

I kinda missed the whole Randy Rhodes thing.

I've heard some of his work, and while it's great, even excellent and exceptional at times, I often feel that he is a good example of early death elevating him to much higher regard than he would have normally achieved.

When Eddie Van Halen dies, he will be seen as an iconic guitarist, but if it's old age that gets him, he won't even be regarded as the god that Randy is seen as.

I hope writing that doesn't piss people off too much, I don't mean it in a demeaning way, more as an observation based on how I see RR.

I've heard some of his work, and while it's great, even excellent and exceptional at times, I often feel that he is a good example of early death elevating him to much higher regard than he would have normally achieved.

When Eddie Van Halen dies, he will be seen as an iconic guitarist, but if it's old age that gets him, he won't even be regarded as the god that Randy is seen as.

I hope writing that doesn't piss people off too much, I don't mean it in a demeaning way, more as an observation based on how I see RR.

No disrespect to Rhoads but I agree 100% with Cure. That said, my opinion is that of a hard rock fan with zero experience on guitar. I'd love to hear from those in the know: who they feel would come in ahead of EVH on a list of the best six stringers?

No disrespect to Rhoads but I agree 100% with Cure. That said, my opinion is that of a hard rock fan with zero experience on guitar. I'd love to hear from those in the know: who they feel would come in ahead of EVH on a list of the best six stringers?

I really like Rhoads, we'll never know what else he would've come up with cause he died so young. But he may have ventured more into classical or jazz because he was thinking of leaving Ozzy's band and studying music

Also love Eddie Van Halen, not saying they are any ''better'' but I prefer (or at least love them just as much) Warren DeMartini and George Lynch. And I believe that's what it ultimately comes down to, not who's ''best'' or ''better'' but who amazes the listener the most. And what those guys did on the first Ratt (1983 up until 1991 with ''Nobody Rides For Free'') and Dokken (1984 - 1987) albums still blows my mind. In terms of tone, feel, note choice etc so their solos are out of this world but they were also excellent rhythm players. They've been my favorite guitarists (especially Warren) before I played guitar myself and still are now that I've been playing for several years

I really like Rhoads, we'll never know what else he would've come up with cause he died so young. But he may have ventured more into classical or jazz because he was thinking of leaving Ozzy's band and studying music

Also love Eddie Van Halen, not saying they are any ''better'' but I prefer (or at least love them just as much) Warren DeMartini and George Lynch. And I believe that's what it ultimately comes down to, not who's ''best'' or ''better'' but who amazes the listener the most. And what those guys did on the first Ratt (1983 up until 1991 with ''Nobody Rides For Free'') and Dokken (1984 - 1987) albums still blows my mind. In terms of tone, feel, note choice etc so their solos are out of this world but they were also excellent rhythm players. They've been my favorite guitarists (especially Warren) before I played guitar myself and still are now that I've been playing for several years

Simo, you just named my top 3 Lol. EVH, DeMartini and Lynch

Here are some tracks off of James Durbin and Alex Grossi's new EP:

Was James Durbin a good choice for QR?

Wait... wtf? James Durbin? Really? His first two solo albums after Idol were great. The last one was quite disappointing. But he is a good artist - just not sure how on earth he'll fit into QR. That's just weird. He'd be one third of the age of the other guys in the band.

But about that EP, when is that due? Is it out? And how did he get mixed up with Grossi? What's going on, lol? F*ck me his voice sounds different to those first two albums. I love the 2nd and 3rd songs from the EP, so I'd really love to hear it.

If they just let Durbin write everything, QR might still sound good again... but they won't sound a thing like QR (obviously) with him on vocals.