Quiet Riot - Road Rage

Stefan

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a "deluxe" version of the QR album with both vocalists.

The same day they made the James Durbin announcement, Frontiers yanked the clip for "The Seeker" w/Nichols on vox off of their YouTube channel. The band is just gonna sweep him under the rug and pretend he never existed.

"Seann who? Never heard of him. What song on YouTube? There was never a song on YouTube."

200_s.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Durbin's vox......will be curious to see what they sound like. Until then, I hope it works out well for them. Never want to wish ill will on a band that has legendary roots and, for that matter, any band that is trying to make it with 'our sound'.....it's counter productive to the music that most of us love. If the album sucks...then it sucks....but I hope it goes well.

Just in case you didn't think this could get any sillier...

Seann Nichols tells the "Classic Metal Show" podcast that he plans to record & release his own version of "Road Rage" so fans can hear his songs as he originally wrote them. (skip to about 58:40)

Just in case you didn't think this could get any sillier...

Seann Nichols tells the "Classic Metal Show" podcast that he plans to record & release his own version of "Road Rage" so fans can hear his songs as he originally wrote them. (skip to about 58:40)

You may need to rewrite the ending of your article. Too funny.

You may need to rewrite the ending of your article. Too funny.

Yea, when I get a minute I'm gonna have to do a quick revise to it and add that bit. :rofl2:

Coincidentally, BlotzRatt played their first live gig with new boy Seann "I Was In Quiet Riot For Five Minutes" Nichols this past weekend as well.

Interesting that everyone, here and on Facebook etc basically was saying "QR are dead" "no Kevin, no QR" etc

Now they replace a singer and QR seem to be seen as an unmissable act.

I have been guilty of this to some degree also.

Have to hand it to Frankie. Everyone is quick to bag him for beating a dead horse, but if this guy stays with the band singing, there is a fair chance they could do something fairly good in the future.

Good on him for believing when everyone else didn't.

Interesting that everyone, here and on Facebook etc basically was saying "QR are dead" "no Kevin, no QR" etc

Now they replace a singer and QR seem to be seen as an unmissable act.

Dunno if I'd go as far as "unmissable," but hiring Durbin was definitely a smart business move, it's certainly gotten them more press attention than they would have if Frankie had simply replaced Nichols with yet another no-name Joe Schmo.

...let's be honest tho, the new CD is prob still gonna be shit no matter who the vocalist is. :rofl2:

JD sings those classic hits well. This certainly sounds more fitting for him than that Hollywood whatever EP he just released.

That said the songs are established and he is certainly not doing anything but copying to the note. Doing it well but nothing that would be his own flair. Even mic stand use, I wonder if that's a prerequisite from Frankie as Dubrow spun those religiously and was a staple schtick for him and the band.

Anyway JD has done well in QR and the new record will probably sound better with his voice even though the songwriting won't be there that was back in 1983, so I can't imagine anything remarkable or memorable.

Has anyone made the parallel that James Durbin and Kevin Dubrow have samey names with equal numbers of letters? It's fated in the stars I recon.

Fun fact: James Durbin was born six years after the release of Metal Health...

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't get the disrespect for Sean Nichols (aka Sheldon Tarsha) the guy is an incredible vocalist. Quiet Riot screwed him over.

Who is disrespecting Sean? From what I've read, more disrespect has been shown for Bobby Blotzer than anybody. Maybe Frankie Banali #2.

I really don't get the disrespect for Sean Nichols (aka Sheldon Tarsha) the guy is an incredible vocalist. Quiet Riot screwed him over.

Who is disrespecting Sean? From what I've read, more disrespect has been shown for Bobby Blotzer than anybody. Maybe Frankie Banali #2.

Agreed more mockery to the situation and the Prima Donna drummers than anyone else from what I have read.

Certainly a great amount of jokes centered around drummers and this situation (s) just add fuel to the fire.

• My Little Pony

Agreed more mockery to the situation and the Prima Donna drummers than anyone else from what I have read.

Certainly a great amount of jokes centered around drummers and this situation (s) just add fuel to the fire.

What? Do people make fun of drummers?

;}

• 2 months later...

Just in case anybody cares...the new and improved (?) version of "Road Rage" will be released on August 4th...

https://spinditty.com/genres/The-Strange-Saga-of-Quiet-Riots-Road-Rage

• My Little Pony

Just in case anybody cares...the new and improved (?) version of "Road Rage" will be released on August 4th...

https://spinditty.com/genres/The-Strange-Saga-of-Quiet-Riots-Road-Rage

I only care for the sake of the drama it will inevitably unravel. ;}

As per the Frontiers discussion.......A good example of Frontiers releasing an album because they can, not because they should ;)

• 2 weeks later...