Quiet Riot - Road Rage

Stefan

• My Little Pony

I kinda missed the whole Randy Rhodes thing.

I've heard some of his work, and while it's great, even excellent and exceptional at times, I often feel that he is a good example of early death elevating him to much higher regard than he would have normally achieved.

When Eddie Van Halen dies, he will be seen as an iconic guitarist, but if it's old age that gets him, he won't even be regarded as the god that Randy is seen as.

I hope writing that doesn't piss people off too much, I don't mean it in a demeaning way, more as an observation based on how I see RR.

No disrespect to Rhoads but I agree 100% with Cure. That said, my opinion is that of a hard rock fan with zero experience on guitar. I'd love to hear from those in the know: who they feel would come in ahead of EVH on a list of the best six stringers?

I really like Rhoads, we'll never know what else he would've come up with cause he died so young. But he may have ventured more into classical or jazz because he was thinking of leaving Ozzy's band and studying music

Also love Eddie Van Halen, not saying they are any ''better'' but I prefer (or at least love them just as much) Warren DeMartini and George Lynch. And I believe that's what it ultimately comes down to, not who's ''best'' or ''better'' but who amazes the listener the most. And what those guys did on the first Ratt (1983 up until 1991 with ''Nobody Rides For Free'') and Dokken (1984 - 1987) albums still blows my mind. In terms of tone, feel, note choice etc so their solos are out of this world but they were also excellent rhythm players. They've been my favorite guitarists (especially Warren) before I played guitar myself and still are now that I've been playing for several years

Interesting conversation. I'm a drummer, so I often think my opinion is either incomplete, or altogether invalid. But among my favourite guitarists are Mike Slamer, Nuno Bettencourt, Dann Huff. I'm not sure how to describe it properly, but I like a percussive approach to guitar playing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait... wtf? James Durbin? Really? His first two solo albums after Idol were great. The last one was quite disappointing. But he is a good artist - just not sure how on earth he'll fit into QR. That's just weird. He'd be one third of the age of the other guys in the band.

But about that EP, when is that due? Is it out? And how did he get mixed up with Grossi? What's going on, lol? F*ck me his voice sounds different to those first two albums. I love the 2nd and 3rd songs from the EP, so I'd really love to hear it.

If they just let Durbin write everything, QR might still sound good again... but they won't sound a thing like QR (obviously) with him on vocals.

The EP is out now. It's on Apple Music. Have no idea how he got mixed up with Grossi.

It'll be interesting to hear the final product

I like to hear how they sound with Durbin.

At least there are some great reviews from Adam Lambert + Queen, and don't forget that Erik Gronwall is a product of this Idol thing, so maybe this won't turn out bad

Just when you thought this whole thing couldn't get any dumber...

I can't post the link cuz Metal Sludge is apparently blocked by my employer's Web filter (?) but they're reporting that ex-Quiet Riot singer Seann Nichols is now the new vocalist in Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience and Traveling Midget Donkey Show, or whatever the f*ck he's calling it this week. :rofl:

Just when you thought this whole thing couldn't get any dumber...

I can't post the link cuz Metal Sludge is apparently blocked by my employer's Web filter (?) but they're reporting that ex-Quiet Riot singer Seann Nichols is now the new vocalist in Bobby Blotzer's Ratt Experience and Traveling Midget Donkey Show, or whatever the f*ck he's calling it this week. :rofl:

Super funny and QR will NOT play any songs from the Road Rage album live.!?

Why not scrap it and re-record it or just scrap it anyway? Or record it again and have 2 versions?

From Frontiers FB page: https://www.facebook.com/frontiersmusicsrl/posts/1320100234712691:0

BREAKING NEWS: QUIET RIOT To Re-Record New Album “Road Rage” With New Lead Vocalist James Durbin

Following the departure of singer Seann Nicols from Quiet Riot, both Frontiers Music Srl and band leader Frankie Banali have made the joint decision to delay the release of the new Quiet Riot album, “Road Rage” until later this summer.

Both the band and label feel that in order to truly represent Quiet Riot’s lineup, new lead singer James Durbin should be the vocalist on “Road Rage.” In order to execute that plan and promote the album accordingly, and with the full support of the label, the band will go back into the studio and record the album with Durbin on vocals to ensure that they deliver the album that Quiet Riot fans have been patiently waiting for and truly deserve.

Regarding the critically important decision to re-record with new Quiet Riot vocalist James Durbin, Banali said, “After careful consideration, with the support of Frontiers and understanding the appeals from Quiet Riot fans to have our vocalist James Durbin represented on the new Quiet Riot release, we have made the decision to move forward and have James replace all the vocals on “Road Rage” with new lyrics and melodies for a summer 2017 release. Stay tuned!”

While the new Quiet Riot album will be slightly delayed as a result of the re-recording process, the Quiet Riot faithful can rest assured that the resulting album will be well worth the brief wait.

Famously known as the first heavy metal band to top the pop charts, the Los Angeles quartet became a global sensation thanks to their monstrous smash hit 1983 album, “Metal Health.” The band now continues their historic journey in 2017 with founding member of the 1983 Metal Health era of QUIET RIOT drummer Frankie Banali, veteran bassist Chuck Wright (who has been in and out of QUIET RIOT since 1982) and guitarist Alex Grossi (who has been handling his duties since 2004).

Frankie Banali's history with QUIET RIOT spans over 34 years and he has the distinction of being the only member of QUIET RIOT to have recorded on every single QUIET RIOT release from 1983’s METAL HEALTH through 2017’s “Road Rage”. After nearly ten years since the loss of his friend and co-founding member and bandmate Kevin DuBrow, and with careful consideration, soul searching and with the blessings and support of Kevin DuBrow's family, Frankie has moved forward with the band.

QUIET RIOT
Frankie Banali - drums
Alex Grossi - guitars
Chuck Wright – bass guitar
James Durbin - vocals

QUIET RIOT Live:
March 18, 2017 -w- The Cotillion, Wichita, KS
March 24, 2017 -w- The Music Vault, Hardeeville, SC
March 25, 2017 -w- John F. Savage Arena, Toledo, OH
March 30, 2017 -w- The Machine Shop, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
April 7, 2017 -w- Bowery Live, West Palm Beach, FL
April 23, 2017 -w- The Rainbow Bar & Grill, West Hollywood, CA
April 28, 2017 -w-AVI Main Ballroom, Laughlin, NV
June 2, 2017 -w- City of Lincolnton, Lincolton, NC
June 11, 2017 -w- Motorcity Harley Davidson Festival, Farmington Hills, MI
June 23, 2017 -w- Phase 2, Lynchburg, VA
June 24, 2017 -w- 15th Annual Funstatic Festival, Big Spring, TX
July 1, 2017 -w- Sundown Salute, Junction City, KS
July 15, 2017 -w- The Horny Toad, Lake Ozark, MO
August 11, 2017 -w- The Texan Theater, Greenville, TX
August 12, 2017 -w- Maude Cobb Event Center, Longview, TX
August 18, 2017 -w- Chase Co. Fairgrounds, Imperial, NE
August 26, 2017 -w- Cruisers Stateline, Port Falls, ID
October 28, 2017 -w- Rock The Park Festival @ Dean Porter Park, Brownsville, TX
October 29, 2017 -w- The Avanti's Dome, Pekin, IL

For More Info Visit:
www.quietriot.band
www.facebook.com/quietriot
PHOTO CREDIT: JOE TAMEL

Following the departure of singer Seann Nicols from Quiet Riot, both Frontiers Music Srl and band leader Frankie Banali have made the joint decision to delay the release of the new Quiet Riot album, “Road Rage” until later this summer.

Translated: Frontiers called Banali up and said "Frankie, you fix this f***ing mess you've made or we're gonna sue you back to the stone age." :rofl:

Translated: Frontiers called Banali up and said "Frankie, you fix this f***ing mess you've made or we're gonna sue you back to the stone age." :rofl:

I bet that's exactly what happened :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

It's only right.

It's only right.

Yep I agree. The only option and a good move by Frontiers

Now I am ultra curious to hear version 1. Any boots about with Seann on vox? Maybe they should release a disc set with both versions?

Was able to find a track called the Seeker, the others from earlier in this thread have been pulled...

The current silliness in the Quiet Riot camp was too good not to write a blog about it...

13443306_f520.jpg

Well written article.

Thanx boss. :tumbsup:

James replace all the vocals on “Road Rage” with new lyrics and melodies for a summer 2017 release. Stay tuned!”

If I hadn't seen this part, I was seriously going to be all like, really? James Durbin is really going to put his name to this shit? I am really not sure if he can rescue what this was sounding like, but I really hope he injects a lot more of himself into this project than what the old fellas are churning out at the moment.

Whats funny about this re-record is that when Durbin initially came in, fans were asking on the official Facebook page if they would re-record the vocals, and Frankie was adamant that they would not as it was too late as all the CDs had been pressed. Either he made shit up or Frontiers has risked a financial loss on this by writing off all the CDs they had made. (or maybe they are charging Frankie for them)

Should release a 2-disc set with both versions.

Agreed.

I think if the rest of the songs were like the ones we previewed, halving the amount of songs might be better than doubling it. ;)

Agreed.

I think if the rest of the songs were like the ones we previewed, halving the amount of songs might be better than doubling it. ;)

On the flipside, how cool was "Cockroach" by Danger Danger. Released as a 2-cd set with both versions. Brilliant and both have their merits!

Agreed.

On the flipside, how cool was "Cockroach" by Danger Danger. Released as a 2-cd set with both versions. Brilliant and both have their merits!

No argument there, friend. But Danger Danger is Danger Danger. Quiet Riot is Quiet Riot. I like QR, but if I picked the top 50 songs from these two bands, I am pretty sure my top 50 would all be Danger Danger songs; no word of a lie. ;)

Agreed.

No argument there, friend. But Danger Danger is Danger Danger. Quiet Riot is Quiet Riot. I like QR, but if I picked the top 50 songs from these two bands, I am pretty sure my top 50 would all be Danger Danger songs; no word of a lie. ;)

Well they have about 70 songs so probably it would be all D2 lol ;)

Agreed.

Well they have about 70 songs so probably it would be all D2 lol ;)

'I don't wanna be your fool' might sneak in around the 65 mark. ;)