• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, lettard said:

Agreed,that's just what I was thinking

Yep, Nickelbackish

7 hours ago, Glen said:

my issue is a bit of a shit sound.

Again. 

That drum / symbol production is pretty bad imo. 

Casualties I guess. Have in mind that in order to survive a war you gotta become war... :P 

I can compensate, at least, with the fact that if he crosses the ocean for a gig (finally!!!) new songs  will be better/different than the youtube version. 

6 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Casualties I guess. Have in mind that in order to survive a war you gotta become war... :P 

I can compensate, at least, with the fact that if he crosses the ocean for a gig (finally!!!) new songs  will be better/different than the youtube version. 

I hope he never crosses the ocean again. Was pretty average at Firefest. Came across as a shy timid frontman which I found really surprising given his image. 

I really like that song. Not one of his best, but still a good song. Hopefully there are stronger tracks on the album though as I would like to hear his guitar work a bit stronger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm not great at all,and the above comment is on the money from my point of view....not the style that this fan was looking for at all  :( gonna pass on this.

Yeah, that's poor. Has early potential, but the chorus is shit. 

Just the bare truth of it - these pathetic production jobs just piss me off. They really do. Budget isn't even really an excuse in 2019 when you hear what people can come up with at home on their personal computers... but someone like a Kane Roberts, Vega or White Widdow, where they would have the bigger scale of budgets in this genre... There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for shit production jobs. Unacceptable. 

The ending song (I kinda prefer the remix version(Jap. bonus)-more melodic/up tempo) Wrong with the vitriol in the verse "You're such worthless scum" sums up  my opinion of this. Don't know if it's wrong, but, definitely, it's worthless for me. :(

Heard this album....I was initially a bit on the fence after the first two songs...Thought they were okay and I kinda liked Forever Out Of Place.

Well, after hearing it I feel like those two first songs are clearly the best on the album and the rest is all downhill.  Lots of modern-ish effects ....Not really very melodic, not really very heavy....Not really very AOR.  I'm not sure who this is really geared towards.  I guess mostly it's very Nickelback-ish.

No longer on the fence....easy pass.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:38 AM, tts42572 said:

Heard this album....I was initially a bit on the fence after the first two songs...Thought they were okay and I kinda liked Forever Out Of Place.

Well, after hearing it I feel like those two first songs are clearly the best on the album and the rest is all downhill.  Lots of modern-ish effects ....Not really very melodic, not really very heavy....Not really very AOR.  I'm not sure who this is really geared towards.  I guess mostly it's very Nickelback-ish.

No longer on the fence....easy pass.

I don't much like Nickelback, but that's a very harsh comment about them. Kane Roberts, in 2018, would dearly wish to dish up something comparable to Nickelback. 

However, there is no sugarcoating this. This is a terrible album. I don't know what he was trying to get at, but it fails on every level. It's not going to please a single fan of his, I dare say. Awful songs... :(

Modern has nothing to do with it either - it's 2018. Nothing wrong with modern effects. The problem here is the awful songs which just sound so bad, amplified by the poor production job too. I agree - super easy pass. 

listened to this today, as expected there isn't anything resembling the style heard on Saints & Sinners, it has a much more modern sound to it (the inclusion of the cookie monster vocals on 'Beginning of the End' take away from an otherwise ok tune), while overall I was disappointed I still think it's a decent album, just not what I was hoping for from him, my favorites would be 'Above & Beyond', 'Leave This World Behind' and 'Who We Are', while my least favorite would be the final track 'Wrong'

Edited by Crazysam

I will admit, there are a couple of duffers on this one, but overall I really did like it.

One of the only things though I absolutely hate on this though, is that horrible growling that Arch Enemy woman does on the most recent single. She actually has some amazing vocals when you hear her sing clean on the track, but then she does that noise my arse makes when I have got a bit of Bangalore belly after a curry the night before.