Kane Roberts - The New Normal

Stefan

kaneroberts2016.jpg?fit=535,397

Press release:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of Kane Roberts to the label for the release of his next solo album, sometime in 2017.

Kane says, “[o]nce you strap on a guitar and make the hard coded decision to play music in the face of everything you know and don’t know, you find that “the life” (of a musician) has its way with you no matter what and WILL tear you up if you try and wander too far away. I may have stepped into other enterprises and projects, but I was never far from the jet stream that I was lucky enough to have been a part of in the 80s and 90s. Now, because of the new songs inside of me, my guitar and the fans I’m in contact with, I know the creative fire will burn me down if I don’t step back inside the flames. I believe the people at Frontiers Music Srl also feel that creative heat, the need to be an integral part of the music industry (their output is resoundingly prolific) and I don’t know of a better place for me to record and release my new album.

Over the last few years the songs, the messages, and the fans have been burning a hole on my insides. This new album has been gearing up for a while and the songs and messages I’ll be forging will emerge from the fire.

Sorry it took me so long, all kinds of life happened that will definitely find it’s way onto the record and yeah, I’m gonna hit this one hard."

Kane has recorded a total of four solo albums so far (also including the Phoenix Down project released on Frontiers in the late 90’s). Kane’s name and abilities first came to prominence on Alice Cooper’s “Constrictor” album, which was soon followed by his self-titled debut solo album in 1987. More albums and tours with Alice followed, making Kane a well known face in the business especially for his guitar skills, but also for his body-builder image and his now iconic machine-gun guitar.

As a solo recording artist, he has landed a few Top 40 hits and his varied musical background includes recording, writing and touring with artists such as Rod Stewart, Alice Cooper, Desmond Child, KISS, Diane Warren, Alice in Chains, Berlin, Guns N' Roses, Garland Jeffries and more. He’s also written or recorded music for films like Light Sleeper, Penelope Spheeris’ Decline of Western Civilization, Friday the 13th IV Jason Lives, John Carpenter’s Prince of Darkness, and more. In 1991, his second solo album, “Saints and Sinners” for Geffen Records included the Top 40 Billboard hit “Does Anybody Really Fall In Love Anymore?”, originally written by Jon Bon Joviand Richie Sambora.

Follow Kane online:
http://www.kaneroberts.com/
https://www.facebook.com/kane.roberts2
https://twitter.com/Kane_Roberts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed for another saints & sinners :)

Took the "words" right out of my mouth! lol

Yeah, it's a tricky one because quite frankly, there is not a chance in the world it will be another 'Saints & Sinners,' as that album was more or less a Desmond Child album, with Kane Roberts on vocals. His work since then, before then and even his input to that album shows he is no slouch at all... I just really hope for a great album. Definitely something to really look forward to.

Oh God, Another Alessandro written album :(

Is it actually, or are you just assuming, as it's Frontiers?

No just assuming cos they all are basically ;)

I don't reckon this one will be. I feel like Kane Roberts will do his thing here, and if Alexander Del Potro wants to intervene, Kane Roberts will eat his skull. That's what those veins say to me.

Oh God, Another Alessandro written album :(

Is it actually, or are you just assuming, as it's Frontiers?

No just assuming cos they all are basically ;)

I don't reckon this one will be. I feel like Kane Roberts will do his thing here, and if Alexander Del Potro wants to intervene, Kane Roberts will eat his skull. That's what those veins say to me.

Those veins say to me "I'm still too thick to tie my own laces"

That aside, yeah I read yesterday that this will be Kane's own work with some guest musicians from his home town.

Expect to be disappointed then ;)

Those veins say to me "I'm still too thick to tie my own laces"

That aside, yeah I read yesterday that this will be Kane's own work with some guest musicians from his home town.

Expect to be disappointed then ;)

Haha, jeez, dude can't win. With Alessandro Del Potro it'd be awful, but without him it will be too? ;)

Where I see this one going, is it's probably going to sound like Phoenix Down, but with better production. And to be honest, the Phoenix Down album was fine, and could have really benefited from a good production job.

• 2 years later...

'The New Normal' out January 25th, 2019.

From FB:

Beast mode moment during the recent video shoot from my upcoming release on Frontiers Records. 
The people involved in this are so drenched in talent and the kill guests that appear in the video own every second they’re onscreen. Intentionally surrounding myself with a rough crowd helps with the focus...RTFO! 

44477862_1882774175110578_20931126777473

I feel like this could be a good one. Has potential to be a sneaky surprise. 

Now, I wish they hadn't released that photo above. Why? 

Would love to hear a sample of this one...

9 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Song titles worry me.

Why's that? I thought they are promising. I hope for whatever random reason there's no prog influence on this album, but if it's just good melodic hard rock they could be good, thoughtful songs. I hope. ;)

I certainly do not expect another Saints and sinners as those days have long passed, but I would love if this sounded even remotely like Reckless from the Phoenix Down album. That was an absolute killer track.

That said, if we did get another Saints, I do not think anyone would complain.

9 hours ago, Geoff said:

Why's that? I thought they are promising. I hope for whatever random reason there's no prog influence on this album, but if it's just good melodic hard rock they could be good, thoughtful songs. I hope. ;)

I think the album cover looks cool, but doesn't really scream "melodic rock" to me. Add the song titles and album cover together, not sure what direction this is going. that is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha. I don't actually hate it. He was never a strong vocalist, but it sounds like time has taken a little extra off what was there before. As for the song, I don't think it's that bad. Not completely into the semi-acoustic delivery, but it's quite a catchy, hooky chorus... and even the verses too. 

Yeah, I don't love it but I certainly don't dislike it.