Tesla - Mechanical Resonance LIVE!

Stefan

13443276_1087914264597957_52605572953752

Press release from Frontiers Music:

BREAKING NEWS: It’s been said that lightning never strikes the same place twice. However, it does in the case of Tesla. The band is thrilled to announce the release of a live recording of their classic album, “Mechanical Resonance LIVE!”, celebrating the original multi-Platinum record’s 30th birthday in style. With a few surprises up their sleeve, including the single “Save That Goodness,” a brand new song written and produced by Phil Collen of Def Leppard, the album will be released in Europe on August 26th on TESLA’s longtime label partner Frontiers Music Srl. The record is being released in conjunction with Tesla’s US summer tour opening up for Def Leppard, where they will perform in front of over half a million fans. Please see full tour routing at http://teslatheband.com/.

Said Frank Hannon, “30 years later and the songs on our first album still rock! Making this new live album of Mechanical Resonance was a reminder of the innocence and creative beginnings of Tesla.”

Added Brian Wheat, "It was a lot of fun to re-visit some of the songs we hadn't played in decades and had a great time recording it. "

Over the course of their thirty-year career, which started in 1986, the iconic Sacramento melodic hard rock quintet—Frank Hannon [guitar], Brian Wheat [bass], Jeff Keith [lead vocals], Troy Luccketta [drums], and Dave Rude [guitar]—has sold more than 25 million albums worldwide and played to sold out crowds across the globe, their three albums that followed “Mechanical Resonance” all went multi-Platinum in the US. To say TESLA live is absolutely bombastic is an understatement, they are a hard rock band to beat all hard rock bands.

The 21st century has become something of a renaissance for TESLA. Most recently, 2014’s Simplicity bowed at #14 on the Billboard Top 200. The group ignited ABC Television Network’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! in addition to scorching stages at festivals such as Rocklahoma, Graspop Metal Meeting, and Sweden Rock Festival as well as the Monsters of Rock Cruise! As they prepare to cut their ninth full-length studio album with Phil Collen in the producer’s chair, TESLA takes another monumental leap forward as they glance back on Mechanical Resonance Live!

13445653_1087914261264624_81399320238080

Mechanical Resonance Live tracklisting:

1. Rock Me To The Top
2. Ez Come Ez Go
3. Gettin’ Better
4. Cumin’ Atcha Live
5. Changes
6. Before My Eyes
7. 2 Late 4 Love
8. We’re No Good Together
9. Love Me
10. Cover Queen
11. Little Suzi
12. Modern Day Cowboy
13. Save That Goodness (Studio Track)

• My Little Pony

Them being able to record another album in the style of Mechanical Resonance would maybe be lightning striking twice.

Them being able to record another album in the style of Mechanical Resonance would maybe be lightning striking twice.

Touché.

But Tesla is certainly a favorite and this record is great. The second may be my favorite though. ..

Interesting they are touring with Leppard again as I saw Tesla open for Leppard why back when they dos those concerts in the round many moons ago. And of course tesla was amazing.

Tesla was great live but I don't think this one is really necessary, considering hearing something classic with a weaker aging Jeff Keith.

Lately, Frontiers been cashing some easy money with some 4-5 live releases huh :D

Boring info of the day :

According to a little book of facts I have lightning can and does strike twice quite often so the phrase is bogus really.

• My Little Pony

Boring info of the day :

According to a little book of facts I have lightning can and does strike twice quite often so the phrase is bogus really.

I've heard that, too.

• 5 weeks later...

Heard this song yesterday.....always enjoy hearing new Tesla tuneage!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd have to go with Russ on this one. Not too fond of that new song either. And I also agree that this album concept is very poor.

Terry, have you heard 'Simplicity?' You still believe Keith's voice is even a shadow of it's former self? I think it's shot, and recording this album will only help amplify that.

I would like to hear a new hard rock album from them, though, as 'Simplicity' was the first disappointment in their discography.

In an interview, Frank Hannon said that while they are doing the whole "Mechanical Resonance" album in its entirety, they're not putting it on the album in the same running order?!? That's a mistake......

In an interview, Frank Hannon said that while they are doing the whole "Mechanical Resonance" album in its entirety, they're not putting it on the album in the same running order?!? That's a mistake......

That is a mistake and no Geoff I've yet to hear simplicity.

Simplicity is just a bunch of slow boring songs.

It's like one ballad after another after another.

Very boring disc. Very disappointing.

And sadly, it really shows up the vocals. There is still merit to Keith's voice, but he's a hard rock singer and that's where he sounds his best... plus the heavier music hides what age (and drugs?) have taken from him, vocally. ;)

Saw Tesla live once, and wouldn't bother again.
A band who is better left to the studio for me.

Also they didn't play half the songs I wanted to hear (a personal thing I know) but Jeff's voice is way more abrasive live, which ain't a good thing...

Saw Tesla live once, and wouldn't bother again.

A band who is better left to the studio for me.

Also they didn't play half the songs I wanted to hear (a personal thing I know) but Jeff's voice is way more abrasive live, which ain't a good thing...

Obviously this is a "to each his own" situation. But the first time I saw Tesla live was on the Forever More tour (2008?) and I categorized Tesla as one of the few bands who could actually transfer their studio magic to a live setting and I thought Keith sounded fantastic.

Yeah, I gotta say that I was lucky enough to see Tesla live too, also must have been around 2008, and I thought they were great too, and Keith still sounded very good back then.