Cruzh - s/t

Stefan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Band name spelling a side, this is just ok for for me (needs a little more balls) but there are a few really good songs on it. Aim For The head, Hard To Get, & Set Me Free are the best of the album.

It's like, for instance, Magic Dance being called Maqic Dance. Just stupid. Z is not, nor has it ever been, or will ever be a substitute for an S.

It's like JEFF being spelt GEOFF

Yeah!!! :lol::rofl2::lol:

• My Little Pony

It's like, for instance, Magic Dance being called Maqic Dance. Just stupid. Z is not, nor has it ever been, or will ever be a substitute for an S.

Yup. Totally phukked.

Yup. Totally phukked.

PMSL

Listened to this album today.

Reminds me of Danger Danger.

Maybe D2 light. Or Cockroach time D2

It was OK, but very syrupy for me.

I'll give a few more listens and see how it goes, but I was disappointed overall, maybe because this thread built it up so much...

PMSL

Fact. You spell Jeff, J-e-f-f. My name, however, if pronounced G (for goat) e-off. G-eee-off, it is.

But it's still better than Cruzh.

Despite being a little underwhelmed initially, this one still got a pretty decent score from me. I guess it just shows that I was expecting quite a lot from this;

1 - In N' out of Love - for whatever reason, this song really makes me thinks of Vixen's debut. Not any song specifically but the verses just really sound like they could be lifted off Vixen's debut. The song is okay, but safe as all hell - 7.50
2 - First Cruzh - another solid tune, but again not amazing - don't know why they're singing "first crush" when the song is called "first cruzh," though - 7.50
3 - Aim for the Head - this is more like it - more tunes of this quality would have made this a more delightful experience - 9.00
4 - Anything for You - really, a very tame ballad - kind of painful, lyrically and just too safe and unoriginal to be that good. - 7.00
5 - Survive - a bit restrained, but a good, solid tune - 7.75
6 - Stay - nice, polite balladic number - 7.75
7 - Hard to Get - I hear elements of Loud & Clear's 'Disconnected' album in this tune - it's a nice one - 9.00
8 - You - very appealing song - love the rhythm guitar, the vocal melodies… just a very nice song to these ears - probably my favourite on the album - 9.25
9 - Set Me Free - good upbeat melodic rock - 8.50
10 - Before I Walk Alone - it's a safe one again, but it's hard not to get some pleasure out of it. "Boppy" kind of lyrics, but I just like it despite it's simple-ness - 8.50
11 - Straight from My Heart - there is no doubt in the world that ballads are not this band's strong point. They should definitely have left this as a 10 track album rather than finish on a sour note like this. What does "it may hard to believe" mean anyway? Stupid song. - 5.50
Total - 79%

so this scores 79% but Night Ranger's Midnight Madness scores 78% ??

I can only assume that your scored Sister Christian 0/10 ;)

Either that or the world has gone mad.

Gave it another go. So there may be some good songs in there but that vocalist just makes me want to switch off. Which I have now done.

Geoff. Do you start your ratings at 5? How can 'Anything for you' be anything but 1 or 2?

Vocalist sounds like the singer from Grand Design

Gave it another go. So there may be some good songs in there but that vocalist just makes me want to switch off. Which I have now done.

Geoff. Do you start your ratings at 5? How can 'Anything for you' be anything but 1 or 2?

Haha, no mate, definitely not. I have gone through some particularly harsh ratings with recent modern rock albums with plenty of sub 5 scores. You take the lyrics out of 'Anything for you' and you've got a solid ballad on your hands. The only thing I just hate about it is the lyrics... that's it. Otherwise it'd be a solid ballad.

Haha, not quite the huge NR fan you are, mate. That's a nice, strong album, especially for it's time... but yeah, I'd probably reach for this before that one in the future. Fact is, it's mostly a 75% type album until the trio of 'Passion Play,' 'When You Close Your Eyes, ' and 'Chippin' Away,' which are the only songs on the album I rate higher than 7.5/10.

Haha, no mate, definitely not. I have gone through some particularly harsh ratings with recent modern rock albums with plenty of sub 5 scores. You take the lyrics out of 'Anything for you' and you've got a solid ballad on your hands. The only thing I just hate about it is the lyrics... that's it. Otherwise it'd be a solid ballad.

Haha, not quite the huge NR fan you are, mate. That's a nice, strong album, especially for it's time... but yeah, I'd probably reach for this before that one in the future. Fact is, it's mostly a 75% type album until the trio of 'Passion Play,' 'When You Close Your Eyes, ' and 'Chippin' Away,' which are the only songs on the album I rate higher than 7.5/10.

my v quick NR score -

You Can Still - 8

Rumours - 9

Why Does Love - 7.5

Sister - 8

Touch - 8.25

Passion Play - 8.5

When you Close - 10

Chippin Away - 9

Let him run - 7.25

Total : 84%

I'll rate Cruzh later and see how it stacks up.

my v quick NR score -

You Can Still - 8

Rumours - 9

Why Does Love - 7.5

Sister - 8

Touch - 8.25

Passion Play - 8.5

When you Close - 10

Chippin Away - 9

Let him run - 7.25

That is vastly different to I. So different, in fact, I wonder how the difference is only 6%. ;)

my v quick NR score -

You Can Still - 8

Rumours - 9

Why Does Love - 7.5

Sister - 8

Touch - 8.25

Passion Play - 8.5

When you Close - 10

Chippin Away - 9

Let him run - 7.25

That is vastly different to I. So different, in fact, I wonder how the difference is only 6%. ;)

Your scoring was obviously pure luck then, that it got near the correct rating ;)

Agree on Anything for You....It had potential but the lyrics are really cliche/cheesy. It's pretty much the same thing I'd say about the last song Straight From The Heart...Although that one is way too long also. They should've either ended with 10 songs or found another up tempo song to end with.

On the flip side though, the album has really grown on me and I'd probably rate a few songs higher than I did in an earlier post. I think I'd bump up Survive, You and Before I Walk Alone a bit.

I really like this album and the vocals aren't bothering me at all. It's working it's way into my top 5 for 2016.

Agree on Anything for You....It had potential but the lyrics are really cliche/cheesy. It's pretty much the same thing I'd say about the last song Straight From The Heart...Although that one is way too long also. They should've either ended with 10 songs or found another up tempo song to end with.

On the flip side though, the album has really grown on me and I'd probably rate a few songs higher than I did in an earlier post. I think I'd bump up Survive, You and Before I Walk Alone a bit.

I really like this album and the vocals aren't bothering me at all. It's working it's way into my top 5 for 2016.

But you've only bought 5 albums ;)

• 2 weeks later...

after reading some of the responses on here I thought maybe this album was gonna have too much pompous cheese for my liking, but i really like it.

I dont' think it's as overdone as say some bai bang stuff (which incidentally I like) , but i can see all the Eurovision comparisons.

definitely a winner to these ears. 'Hard to Get' is fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

From FB (January):

We had a lot of songs goin' in to the second album sessions. Now we've narrowed 'em down to 15. We will record 'em all and then chose our favourites. Stay tuned

While waiting for the second album, some more songs from the debut: