Cruzh - s/t

Stefan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely good song... but what's with the eye make-up? Just get rid of it, chaps. With songs that good you don't need shitty gimmicks like that.

Got this CD in the mail today and only been through it once....It's probably too early to really have an opinion....

But for me this album is just fantastic. Is it a bit cheesy and maybe a bit over-produced at times...Yes. But do I care....No :)

The album is just full of hooks, harmonies and riffs and is just one of those "ear-candy" type albums that has a feel good, throwback type sound sorta like the Defiants. I'm not sure yet if it'll surpass the Defiants as that album might just be my favorite this year....But it's a pretty darn solid debut album.

I found one other review and would say I pretty much agree with this:

http://www.woodysrockreviews.co.uk/album-reviews/cruzhcruzh

Got this CD in the mail today and only been through it once....It's probably too early to really have an opinion....

But for me this album is just fantastic. Is it a bit cheesy and maybe a bit over-produced at times...Yes. But do I care....No :)

The album is just full of hooks, harmonies and riffs and is just one of those "ear-candy" type albums that has a feel good, throwback type sound sorta like the Defiants. I'm not sure yet if it'll surpass the Defiants as that album might just be my favorite this year....But it's a pretty darn solid debut album.

That's probably too early to call it no 1, it's a little bit 'bubble-gummy' - too sweet maybe that might wear off after 5-6 spins, slightly accented vocal, and perhaps not highly skilled as Defiants or other bands, but an entertaining and enjoyable album indeed.

Based on my first spin, definitely worth some big score and worth a purchase, maybe a top 10 contender, at least top 15 is reserved for them.

Agree on the vocals...my only complaint if I had one and probably why I'll keep it behind the Defiants, Treat and Nordic Union in my rankings.

But I do really like it and it's still all put together really well IMO.

I think a fair comparison would probably be to something like the Art Nation album...and I'm liking it more than that.

That's probably too early to call it no 1, it's a little bit 'bubble-gummy' - too sweet maybe that might wear off after 5-6 spins, slightly accented vocal, and perhaps not highly skilled as Defiants or other bands, but an entertaining and enjoyable album indeed.

Based on my first spin, definitely worth some big score and worth a purchase, maybe a top 10 contender, at least top 15 is reserved for them.

Very, very good for me:

01. In N' out of Love 10
02. First Cruzh 9.5
03. Aim for the Head 10
04. Anything for You 7.5
05. Survive 8
06. Stay 8
07. Hard to Get 10
08. You 8.5 (hell, this one is more Def Leppard than Def Leppard!) :yikes:
09. Set Me Free 9.5
10. Before I Walk Alone 9
11. Straight from My Heart 7

Total: 88.1%

Shit. People like this. I'm a few songs in and so far painful. That Ballard early on makes me want to vomit.

Going to have to trust it's a grower and soldier on through then.

Agree with Peter, none of the tracks so far made me go ''wow, I need this'' but rather ''this has potential, don't know where they went wrong but, too bad...'' but after all the praise here on the forum I'll listen to the full album online and see if anything changes

Yeah, I gotta say I was pretty disappointed too, and I 100% agree with Peter about that first ballad. I don't mind the song, but it is so horribly written and stupidly tacky. Any song writer after the 1980s who writes about climbing mountains or reaching for stars for a female should have their song writing licence revoked.

There are good songs on this, like 'Aim for the head,' 'Hard to get' and 'You.' 'Set me free' and 'Before I walk alone' are cool too. It's an okay album, but I can't see it probably even being in my top 20. We'll see, though. It might grow on me. There's some pretty plain songs on it too.

Excellent melodic album. I would have loved it if it was slightly more heavier but no doubt, the songs are there.

Agree. Less bubble-gummy or eurovision-y, enhance the vocal and add more power to it, and I bet it might gain 5-6% of more score. Perhaps the closest thing of this one is maybe the last two BAI BANG albums ?

I'll still give it a go.

By all rights I should hate Bai Bang, but maybe the timing was right and I was open to that type of music.

Can be subjective as well, I could say that pretty much all AOR needs more balls, but that's just the genre and it fits a large demographic. I just stay away from most of it.

Still hate the band name

Yeah, we should not forget this. This is really one of, if not the worst band name to come out of recent years, where there are plenty to choose from. But I absolutely hate this one too. Really, really hate it.

If you just saw the band name you'd assume it's some sort of boy band.

can't blame them though, they're trying to fit in two worlds at the same time.

Us who love 80s style rock and those who love teen-rockstars hence the Eurovision-y arrangement

Have been through this disc multiple times and some of the initial luster has worn off...Still quite a bit on it I like but also some pretty cheesy stuff I could do without...

01. In N' out of Love 7.5 (It's okay...wish it had a little more edge)
02. First Cruzh 9.5 ( Like this one....Good, commercial tune)
03. Aim for the Head 10 (Probably my second favorite song on the album....Like this tune)
04. Anything for You 6 (Don't really care for this too much....It's okay but I've been skipping it)
05. Survive 9 (Like the groove in this song)
06. Stay 6 (Another one I don't care for. It's slightly better than the first ballad but the cheese it high in this one)
07. Hard to Get 10 (Like this one a lot...In my top 3 songs on this album)
08. You 7.5 (It's okay...Like the harmonies but song doesn't really soar like I would've wanted)
09. Set Me Free 10 (Favorite tune on the album....Good stuff)
10. Before I Walk Alone 7.5 (Another okay song...Doesn't really stand out though and could take it or leave it)
11. Straight from My Heart 5.5 (About the same as the other ballads....Wish the ended the album with another stronger rocker instead of this).

Total: 80%

There's a few songs I really like on this album....A few I don't care for and the rest are sorta in between. Overall though, there's some good stuff and it's a pretty good debut album that shows some potential. I hope they sorta stick to the slightly heavier side of their stuff moving forward and get away from the cheesy ballads that seem to really bring the album down a bit.

I think 80% is pretty fair, I landed my self around 84% after 2 spins, so maybe after a while it'll settle at 80% or 81%

i think the songs 'Stay' and 'Straight From My Heart' are pretty good, I like them in 7.5 - 8 range. Agree completely on 'Aim For The Head',

'Set Me Free' is awesome but somehow I like 'Before I Walk Alone' better, I think it deserved a much higher score :D

If you just saw the band name you'd assume it's some sort of boy band.

I'd just assume they are stupid... not saying they are, but that's what the band name says to me. "We are morons."

Seriously, how is it even pronounced? It doesn't look or sound like "crush" off the tongue, so don't sing "First Crush" if you're spelling it "First Cruzh." It's just stupid and annoying.

Worst band name ever.

It's like, for instance, Magic Dance being called Maqic Dance. Just stupid. Z is not, nor has it ever been, or will ever be a substitute for an S.