Eclipse: How does Armageddonize compare to first 2 albums?

tts42572

Just finally got around to giving Eclipse a shot and bought the Armageddonize album recently....and really enjoying the album. It's just great melodic rock with great production on the slightly harder side without being too metal....Just what I like. It's easily one of the best albums I've heard this year and I feel a bit bad that I haven't gave it a shot earlier. I've just gotten a bit picky these days.

I'd say my favorite tracks are Stand On Your Feet, The Storm, Wide Open, Breakdown, Living Like I'm Dying and Caught Up In The Rush. My least favorite tracks are probably the heavier ones like Blood Enemies and All Died Young.

Anyways, thinking about investigating the first two releases from Eclipse and just wondering how people might compare them to Armageddonize. It seems like I had listened to a few tracks from Bleed & Scream when it came out and never really heard enough to buy it....But I might also have a new perspective now that I've warmed to them a bit. I know it was pretty well reviewed by most. I don't remember ever reading much about their first album.

Looking for some thoughts on which album to look at out of those 2 based on the songs I liked from Armageddonize and/or maybe what people think are the best songs to zone in on for those releases when sampling them.

I think it's their best effort by far.

The debut is near impossible to find and pricey on Ebay (never heard it). The follow up Are You Ready To Rock is solid with the track 'Unbreakable' being the best of the bunch and for me personally Bleed and Scream did nothing.

• My Little Pony

I think it's their best effort by far.

The debut is near impossible to find and pricey on Ebay (never heard it). The follow up Are You Ready To Rock is solid with the track 'Unbreakable' being the best of the bunch and for me personally Bleed and Scream did nothing.

Word for word, my response.

I have their debut (so and so) + 2nd on promo cd (I never liked it, despite the presence of a couple of great tunes, and thus I never bought a copy of the commercially availiable cd).

Scream and bleed has my favorite eclipse songs and I ended buying armageddonize on vinyl (I already have reg.version+jap.version on cd) because I love it.

I think my best 2 eclipse songs are on Bleed & Scream and the other 3 (for a personal top 5) are on armageddonize and in a row, the last 3: 8: Brazzers Love

9. Caught Up in the Rush
10. One Life - My Life

Debut The Truth & A Little More did nothing for me but the follow up Second To None was pretty decent and heading in the right direction,as pointed out if you don't own them already they are pricey to find,3rd release Are You Ready To Rock? is where I started to take interest with its better production better all round heavier sound that gradually progressed through Bleed & Scream and Armageddonize,for me Armageddize is the best release thus far but releases 3 & 4 weren't far behind,especially tracks like Breaking My Heart Again(Are You Ready To Rock?) & my fav track of theirs About To Break(Bleed & Scream) :)

I'd rank them in this order:

1. Armageddonize

2. Bleed & Scream
3. Are You Ready To Rock
4. The Truth & A Little More
5. Second To None
That said, I think the first two are two solid albums. The debut is a little patchy, but still has some of my all-time favourite Eclipse songs. Style-wise, it's a bit different with more synthesizers and a slightly more "poppy" sound. Their least heavy album, but a good one. 'Second to none' is pretty straight forward, but again, solid.

Good stuff guys...I wasn't even aware they had so many albums.

I think the thing to do is probably to work backwards. I'll spend a little time with Bleed & Scream and see if some of it grabs me. I do like the title track and About To Break is pretty good...Not sure if there is enough to get me to buy it though.

Maybe I'll just wait for a greatest hits or a live album to capture the best of their back catalog :)

I think the thing to do is probably to work backwards. I'll spend a little time with Bleed & Scream and see if some of it grabs me. I do like the title track and About To Break is pretty good...Not sure if there is enough to get me to buy it though.

Maybe I'll just wait for a greatest hits or a live album to capture the best of their back catalog :)

I just forgot to add the bonus track from Armageddonize in my top 5 of their repertoire. :tumbsup:

I'd rank them in this order:

1. Armageddonize

2. Bleed & Scream

3. Are You Ready To Rock

4. The Truth & A Little More

5. Second To None

That said, I think the first two are two solid albums. The debut is a little patchy, but still has some of my all-time favourite Eclipse songs. Style-wise, it's a bit different with more synthesizers and a slightly more "poppy" sound. Their least heavy album, but a good one. 'Second to none' is pretty straight forward, but again, solid.

What Geoff said but switch Bleed and Armageddonize but really there's not much between them. Bleed and Scream's guitar is like a tribute to John Sykes if you dig Serpens Albus and the Blue Murder albums....there's similar sounding/feel to the guitars and borrowed bits of his riffs throughout Bleed and Scream.

Had the day off today so decided to stream both Bleed & Scream and Are You Ready to Rock while doing some housework....

Gotta say that initial impressions are that I'm digging Are You Ready To Rock. I heard 3-4 songs that really sounded interesting and overall just like the sound of it....Tiny bit lighter melodic rock that still is harder...Kinda hard to describe....Sorta long the lines of Address The Nation from H.e.a.t IMO.

Bleed & Scream doesn't sound bad but the only songs really standing out for me are Bleed & Scream, SOS and About to Break. I don't think the "heaviness "bothers me but the lyrical content is pretty dark and almost political....Just gives the album a slightly different vibe.

Will have to see if I can find Are You Ready to Rock slightly cheap somewhere.

Are you ready to rock? is the only one I really, really like. Definitely check that out next.

Had the day off today so decided to stream both Bleed & Scream and Are You Ready to Rock while doing some housework....

Gotta say that initial impressions are that I'm digging Are You Ready To Rock. I heard 3-4 songs that really sounded interesting and overall just like the sound of it....Tiny bit lighter melodic rock that still is harder...Kinda hard to describe....Sorta long the lines of Address The Nation from H.e.a.t IMO.

Bleed & Scream doesn't sound bad but the only songs really standing out for me are Bleed & Scream, SOS and About to Break. I don't think the "heaviness "bothers me but the lyrical content is pretty dark and almost political....Just gives the album a slightly different vibe.

Will have to see if I can find Are You Ready to Rock slightly cheap somewhere.

Are you ready to rock? is the only one I really, really like. Definitely check that out next.

Maybe pick up Toby Hitchcock's album then?

I just forgot to add the bonus track from Armageddonize in my top 5 of their repertoire. :tumbsup:

What is the bonus track?

• My Little Pony

Also, Are You Ready to Rock? has "How To Mend A Broken Heart." Revolution Saints may have done it better, but it's still a great song.

Yeah the latest two albums just seem a bit too derivative of John Sykes stuff for me to keep interested..

There's usually a strong Gary Moore vibe, too.

There's homage, and then there's Breakdown sounding a little *too* much like Jelly Roll by Blue Murder.

Then there's that riff on the new one that just makes me think of Gods of war by Def Leppard.

Do something a bit more original, lads.

Yeah the latest two albums just seem a bit too derivative of John Sykes stuff for me to keep interested..

There's usually a strong Gary Moore vibe, too.

There's homage, and then there's Breakdown sounding a little *too* much like Jelly Roll by Blue Murder.

Then there's that riff on the new one that just makes me think of Gods of war by Def Leppard.

Do something a bit more original, lads.

Absolutely love the last 2 albums! Keep them coming!!!

i haven't really check out the first two properly, but maybe Erik wasn't matured enough musically compared to his present day.

My take on the last three albums, 'Armageddonize' is their best so far followed by 'Are You Ready To Rock' and then 'Bleed and Scream' but I hope they do a re-recording on the best tracks on the first two, maybe release it like Stryper did with 'Second Coming'

i haven't really check out the first two properly, but maybe Erik wasn't matured enough musically compared to his present day.

My take on the last three albums, 'Armageddonize' is their best so far followed by 'Are You Ready To Rock' and then 'Bleed and Scream' but I hope they do a re-recording on the best tracks on the first two, maybe release it like Stryper did with 'Second Coming'

Buddy, save something for Bleed. It has some of his best vocal lines + range, goddammit. :tumbsup:

You just break every bone and left me with a scar.

Buddy, save something for Bleed. It has some of his best vocal lines + range, goddammit. :tumbsup:

You just break every bone and left me with a scar.

It is a great album but in my opinion, overall just weaker than the other two but I still spin it occasionally :)