Nordic Union (Erik Mårtensson/Ronnie Atkins) - s/t

Stefan

Press release from Frontiers Music:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to present the self-titled debut album from NORDIC UNION, which is set for release on January 29, 2016.

NORDIC UNION is the name behind the new musical collaboration, built by Frontiers President Serafino Perugino, between singer Ronnie Atkins of the legendary Danish Hard Rock institution Pretty Maids and the up-and-coming Swedish songwriter and producer Erik Martensson of Eclipse (Sweden) and W.E.T fame.

The partnership between the two fellow Scandinavians worked well and together they have created some musical magic, which will truly impress the fans of these highly regarded musicians. Atkins says: “The music on the album has a focus on good melodies and there’s some good guitar work as well. I had a good gut feeling ever since I heard the first songs from Erik Martensson, and I was right he’s a very gifted and talented songwriter!”

These songs are guaranteed not to leave your head for a long time. Just have a listen to the gorgeous anthemic opener “The War Has Begun” and some killer melodic gems like “When Death Is Calling,” “21 Guns” and “Hypocrisy” with great hooks and epic guitar riffs. “Wide Awake” can be described as a combination between pop and melodic rock with a modern production. There’s really something for everyone here.

While Pretty Maids is still my first priority” explains Ronnie, ”the production process and the work on this record went very smoothly. I think what came out is a killer Melodic Hard Rock album with a lot of good songs on it – I could really feel the songs as mine and identify with those. So I hope the fans will be able to share my view and It’s been some kind of a little fresh breath in between albums for me really.”

Get ready to enjoy a great new album from a new sensational all Nordic musical alliance!

NORDIC UNION:
- Ronnie Atkins: Lead & Background Vocals
- Erik Martensson: Lead Guitar, Bass, Keyboards and Background Vocals
- Magnus Ulfstedt: Drums
Guest Guitar Solos:
- Thomas Larsson, guitar solo on "Every Heartbest" & "Wide Awake"
- Fredrik Folkare, guitar solo on "Point Of No Return" & "Hypocrisy"
- Magnus Henriksson, guitar solo on "The War Has Begun"

Produced by Erik Martensson

12195989_963377383718313_878241127147926

Tracklisting:

The War Has Begun

Hypocrisy

Wide Awake

Every Heartbeart

When Death Is Calling

21 Guns

Falling

The Other Side

Point Of No Return

True Love Awaits You

Go

Edit - added April 5th, 2016:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

Is Erik Martensson really still up-and-coming? Pretty sure he's been around long enough to no longer be considered a rookie.

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful union! It feels kind of wrong because correct me if I'm wrong, but Atkins has never done an album outside of Pretty Maids, has he?

Anyway, as expected, it does sound very pleasant - pretty awesome, actually. Martensson has a sensational ability to write songs for established artists that suit the said artist to a T, based on their previous output. He has a very good mind for his craft.

Another one for January. Wow.

• My Little Pony

What a wonderful union! It feels kind of wrong because correct me if I'm wrong, but Atkins has never done an album outside of Pretty Maids, has he?

He was on the last Avantasia album.