Trixter - New Album "Human Era"

tts42572

I'm wondering, when I walk in to Best Buy, if I'll be able to find this. :rofl:

Seriously, though, I think I'll have to get this. Not much music purchased the last few years, and most of it digitally, but I'm thinking I want this CD in my collection.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pretty much agree....fine album and happy with it.

Highlights for me are Rockin' To The Edge Of The Night, Not Like All The Rest, Soul of a Lovin' Man and Human Era. Midnight in Your Eyes has also grown on me.

The album slows down a little in the middle with Every Second Counts and Beats Me Up...And I'd probably list both those songs as my least favorite on the album. They're both okay though for a change of pace.

In my mind I've been trying to compare it to the last album and having a hard time deciding which album I like better. They both have multiple songs I really like but as of now, I think Human Era might be a slightly bit deeper album and more solid throughout.

At the end of the day, I liked the last album and like this one as well. It's classic, fun melodic rock with lots of hooks , riffs and Def Leppard style harmonies.

This album along with the new album from Station are sure to be among my top 5 for 2015.

Excellent album,really loving it so far. Human Era and not like all the rest are probably my pick of the lot but I pretty much like every song. Soul of a loving man sounds just like whitesnake to me which was a welcome surprise

I like it (especially Rockin'), but I don't love it.

Nice use of Leppard / Lange'esque backing vocals, but I wish it was more of a 100% party album. Rockin' kicks off the record SO well, and a few others are nice, but it's not a slam-dunk for me.

I'm picky, so if you love it don't let me piss you off when I say it's good, but not great.

Never listened to Trixter betore. Or if I did I listened once and moved on. What a mistake.

Love this album. It's taken over from the Bevouir/Free in my playlist. Two fantastic albums in one week.

I even like the slower songs. All of them.

Never listened to Trixter betore. Or if I did I listened once and moved on. What a mistake.

Love this album. It's taken over from the Bevouir/Free in my playlist. Two fantastic albums in one week.

Yeah.... I scored it a 88%. Very very good disc.

I don't get why people are singling out the slower songs as the weaker ones as I think they generally sounded like the best ones. 'For you' is the only real clunker, but the rest sounds pretty good to me.

I so want to really like this one, but it lacks something. The lead vocals aren't weak but surely don't stand out. The vibe of the songs are very cool, but don't grab me enough to make me want to buy it.

I find this release to be a poor man's version of Danger Danger.

I don't get why people are singling out the slower songs as the weaker ones as I think they generally sounded like the best ones. 'For you' is the only real clunker, but the rest sounds pretty good to me.

That's just me. I tend to prefer rockers to swooners.

I do too. But a good song trumps a weak song every day of the week. I cannot say this enough in enough different threads, but a ballad that is a good song, will always be better than a rocker that is a shit song. I don't know how to state it more simply. Just because a song "rocks" doesn't automatically make it a good song. And vice versa, just because a song is a ballad, doesn't make it a weaker song. It's all just how good the actual song is, regardless of what type of tune it is.

I do too. But a good song trumps a weak song every day of the week. I cannot say this enough in enough different threads, but a ballad that is a good song, will always be better than a rocker that is a shit song. I don't know how to state it more simply. Just because a song "rocks" doesn't automatically make it a good song. And vice versa, just because a song is a ballad, doesn't make it a weaker song. It's all just how good the actual song is, regardless of what type of tune it is.

Um yes

I don't really hear any filler, very solid release for today. I don't like the remake bonus tracks from I-Tunes though. Outside of that, very solid. A lot of it sounds like 40 Ft Ringo style/ updated Trixter sound. Nothing really sounds like they did back when.

True, but you Geoff are guilty of rating good ballads higher than good rockers.

Just sayin.....

I'd be interested to see some valid proof of that. Anywhere I had done that, it'd simply be where the ballads are better songs. Rating all these older albums, it is extremely seldom that a ballad stands out on a great album. On a poor album, yes, they often are one of the album's few saving graces, I have noticed. But yeah, definitely when an album is good overall, very rare that a ballad is a stand out track.

Maybe u should change yr terminology then cos it confuses me and leads me to believe u favour ballads.

Last instance i can find - Hinder thread. Good solid rocker 7.25, good solid ballad 8.75.

Best rocker - v good....what was it 8.5?

Theres load more of yr breakdowns i feel this on to.

Perhaps its just the description but does seem a bit biased.

No big deal tho.....

Yeah, I dunno Glen, I know you've said it a lot (about me and ballads) and I assume it's just something you've had in your head for a while for whatever reason and it's snowballed for no real valid reason at all, but it's definitely not something I notice personally in my listening preferences.

After all, my favourite album of all time (Cauterize's 'So Far From Real') doesn't even have anything that even remotely resembles a ballad. They're all the opposite of ballads, in fact. At a pinch, 'Organized Crime' by Treat would be one of my favourite all time albums too, and 'Stay away' is definitely no more than somewhere in the middle of that album.

As for Hinder - they have been a "ballad band" from the start. Their ballads have always been far better than their rockers, imo, except for - as fate would have it - their best album, 'Take it to the limit.' But yeah, you'll get no apologies from me for preferring Hinder ballads as they are generally just their better songs on their recent albums. ;)

And please don't read too much into my 5 word descriptions with song ratings as most of them are pretty pointless and not even worth reading into. ;) Just a pointless blurb to accompany the score.

Cool video and good tune.

Still enjoying this album and while initially was a bit lukewarm on the ballads, they've really grown on me.

I would say that this is my favorite Trixter release top to bottom.

THAT videos was so great! I loved all of the old footage interspersed among the new.......and I loved that it seems that they are the best of friends and still makin' it happen.