Trixter - New Album "Human Era"

tts42572

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool video.

It's downright AWESOME!

And this is why so many bands sold so many albums in the early to mid 80's... If you had a cool video in constant rotation on MTV and a lead singer that all the young girls were in love with, your album went platinum, plain and simple.

I really do love the nostalgia trip. Dude's look like genuine pals.

Cool video and good tune.

Still enjoying this album and while initially was a bit lukewarm on the ballads, they've really grown on me.

I would say that this is my favorite Trixter release top to bottom.

Love this video...takes me back to a time I miss very badly. Great album as well, really enjoying it.

I so want to really like this one, but it lacks something. The lead vocals aren't weak but surely don't stand out. The vibe of the songs are very cool, but don't grab me enough to make me want to buy it.

I find this release to be a poor man's version of Danger Danger.

I think this is where i'll be for this one.

Although I dont quite get the D2 comparison - sounds like he's trying to sound like old school BJ to me....esp the vocals.

The last third of the album is very good though (2 or 3 being excellent).

Yeah, very cool video. Love the old footage. I'm digging the album. I like all the songs except the obvious filler I mentioned above. Otherwise, a cool album.

This album does very little for me up until the song Midnight...then the last 4 tracks are very good.

His vox are weird...like a carbon copy of BJ. Loses any identity for me.

This album does very little for me up until the song Midnight...then the last 4 tracks are very good.

His vox are weird...like a carbon copy of BJ. Loses any identity for me.

Likewise, not that good... don't even feel like listening to it again

Are his vocals really that different to the first two albums? Obviously being realistic about the fact that we haven't really heard the dude for 20 years, and putting that into perspective, I'm really not hearing any issue. He doesn't sound quite as good as he did back then, but who does anymore?

Anyway, it's good. I think there is a pretty even spread of good songs throughout the album. As noted above, 'For you' is absolutely terrible and elsewhere, 'Crash that party' is very average as well as the very "forced" anthem that is 'Good times now,' which isn't great either. But you take those 3 out of the equation, and I really love the rest of the disc. For me, the highlight of the disc is actually the title track, as well as 'Beats me up,' followed by 'Soul of a lovin' man,' 'Every second counts' and 'Not like all the rest.'

Are his vocals really that different to the first two albums? Obviously being realistic about the fact that we haven't really heard the dude for 20 years, and putting that into perspective, I'm really not hearing any issue. He doesn't sound quite as good as he did back then, but who does anymore?

Anyway, it's good. I think there is a pretty even spread of good songs throughout the album. As noted above, 'For you' is absolutely terrible and elsewhere, 'Crash that party' is very average as well as the very "forced" anthem that is 'Good times now,' which isn't great either. But you take those 3 out of the equation, and I really love the rest of the disc. For me, the highlight of the disc is actually the title track, as well as 'Beats me up,' followed by 'Soul of a lovin' man,' 'Every second counts' and 'Not like all the rest.'

Man I cannot descibe how much I hate 'Beats Me Up'.....its not really the song as much, which is OK, it's just that phrase - I cannot stand it.

'Not Like The Rest' is also an instant skip for me.....it just has that modern touch which I dislike now (quite a bit of modern rock i still like but there is one element which just blows, and this song just reminds me of that element) - also the lyrics again are silly about pissing off a birds dad........how old is this dude?? 45? 50? I dunno...just seems a weird song to be singing at that age ;-)

There's nothing really wrong with the other 5 songs....all probably 7/10 like material, its just that the last 4 are a quantum leap better - like 9s or 9.5s.....just weird that all the best tracks are at the end.

The first track is probably my 5th fav....but this suffers again from ridiculous lyrics......rockin to the edge of the night..........ye Gods.

imo in any case.

You hate 'Beats me up' (track 6) and 'Not like all the rest' (track 3) but there's nothing wrong with the first 7 songs and they're all at least 7/10??? Are we in parallel universes, mate, or does that make no sense at all?? ;)

Anyway, the one thing we do agree on is that for the entirety of this album, the weakest feature is the lyrics which are a little too basic at times. But it doesn't overly bother me, I have to say, in this case.

You hate 'Beats me up' (track 6) and 'Not like all the rest' (track 3) but there's nothing wrong with the first 7 songs and they're all at least 7/10??? Are we in parallel universes, mate, or does that make no sense at all?? ;)

Anyway, the one thing we do agree on is that for the entirety of this album, the weakest feature is the lyrics which are a little too basic at times. But it doesn't overly bother me, I have to say, in this case.

corrected.

'For You' I think you hate cos it sounds a little like VH ;-)

corrected.

lol @ your correction.

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say 'For you' sounds like absolute fucking shit, oh whoops, I'm really sorry guys I meant to say Van Halen. ;)

A lot of people seem to say that about terrible songs. Oh, you must hate that fucking dreadful song, because it sounds like Van Halen. :lol: And people wonder why I hate that band. ;) It's like their trademark is sounding awful.

Every fast paced song without a hint of melody, no hook, no imagination in the drumming, guitarwork or any single aspect of the song... that sounds like Van Halen! ;) They must have written and recorded half their songs in less that 5mins if that's what they're known for. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Van Halen? Because I really do.

You cannot possibly hate 5150, can you? Absolutely one of the best albums of 1986... and there were a lot of good ones in 1986.

I haven't dissected it thoroughly, but yeah, just looking at the track list I think I only like those 3 big singles. I can't think of any any other band other than Van Halen where, imo, their singles seem to be their best songs... imo, of course. Only 'Dream is over' from 'Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Asscrack' seems to be an exception.

But yeah, I have no doubt that I hate the other 6 songs on '5150.' ;)

You cannot possibly hate 5150, can you? Absolutely one of the best albums of 1986... and there were a lot of good ones in 1986.

I haven't dissected it thoroughly, but yeah, just looking at the track list I think I only like those 3 big singles. I can't think of any any other band other than Van Halen where, imo, their singles seem to be their best songs... imo, of course. Only 'Dream is over' from 'Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Asscrack' seems to be an exception.

I'm not the biggest Van Halen fan and to be honest I don't think I own any of their albums....not even 1984 or 5150.

Having said that there are always 2 or 3 songs on every album which I like so perhaps I should get together a compilation cos that would be pretty cool.

Some of those Van Hagar tracks are pretty damned good imo....esp on 5150.

I'm not the biggest Van Halen fan and to be honest I don't think I own any of their albums....not even 1984 or 5150.

Having said that there are always 2 or 3 songs on every album which I like so perhaps I should get together a compilation cos that would be pretty cool.

well I never - I just realised that I have Van Halen Best of on my ipod - must have burned that off my bro??

I might just have a sneaky listen on the way home and see what tracks stack up............

The title track might just be the best song on 5150. Such an awesome album, especially for its time. That one and Raised On Radio pretty much wore-out the Sanyo cassette deck in my 1976 Celica during the summer of 1986.

But to each their own... Heck, I think Led Zeppelin is tremendously over-rated.

corrected.

lol @ your correction.

Yeah, I was waiting for someone to say 'For you' sounds like absolute fucking shit, oh whoops, I'm really sorry guys I meant to say Van Halen. ;)

A lot of people seem to say that about terrible songs. Oh, you must hate that fucking dreadful song, because it sounds like Van Halen. :lol: And people wonder why I hate that band. ;) It's like their trademark is sounding awful.

Every fast paced song without a hint of melody, no hook, no imagination in the drumming, guitarwork or any single aspect of the song... that sounds like Van Halen! ;) They must have written and recorded half their songs in less that 5mins if that's what they're known for. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Van Halen? Because I really do.

Lol

100% agree. On a few of their albums, there are 2-3 great tracks, though it's never more than 3 and it's often less than 2. I am definitely not saying they never recorded a good song. But I am saying that about 85% of their entire discography is absolute rubbish and why I think they're a terrible band.

And don't worry Genr8tr, I hate Led Zep too. :)

100% agree. On a few of their albums, there are 2-3 great tracks, though it's never more than 3 and it's often less than 2. I am definitely not saying they never recorded a good song. But I am saying that about 85% of their entire discography is absolute rubbish and why I think they're a terrible band.

No fucking way! 85%? That is too funny!!!

I love Van Halen, but have trouble sitting through an entire Hagar album. There's good songs on every album (my favorite clearly being the debut) but I never understood why a lot of people praised 5150 so much for example. Given it a couple chances but it never grabbed me for some reason so I just gave up after a while

BTW just realized this is the Trixter thread :D

You think it's closer to 90%? Fair enough, I can go with that. Let's just say that 90% of their discography is utter garbage. Just to keep everyone happy.

You think it's closer to 90%? Fair enough, I can go with that. Let's just say that 90% of their discography is utter garbage. Just to keep everyone happy.

Lol To each their own