Trixter - New Album "Human Era"

tts42572

Oh cool, didn't know that.

Just found an old interview with Steve Brown. Here's the exact story, from the horse's mouth:

'Walk With A Stranger' was a song we used to do back in 1988-89 and we wanted to cut it for the first record but our producer said that we had better songs. For better or worse, it never got done. When we were rolling ahead with this record, we decided that we would include some songs for our Jersey crowd, as we played that back in the Jersey clubs.
Snake and Rachel wrote that song back in the day for Skid Row but it never worked for them. I heard it and knew, while it would not make a great Skid Row song, it would make a killer Trixter song. We did our own version and we have been getting great reviews. I think you can search it on Youtube and hear the original, rough demo. We dropped it down a bit to bring it into the realm of normal singing range, where they had it up in that screaming realm. It really came out great."

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that, interesting read, although that seems to be referring to walk with a stranger rather than find a memory,

Oh shit, sorry mate, totally misread your post. I was just thinking of the last song on the (normal) disc. I haven't actually even heard that bonus track you speak of. Would love to hear that!!

For anyone else who hasn't heard this one:

Shame it wasn't on the normal album. It'd probably be in the best 5 songs on the disc. Nice song.

I'm tending to agree. It feels like a fairly average tune.

It's okay though. And considering I've listened to all the samples, I do think this will be a change of pace type song that will probably grow on me once I hear it within the context of the album. I think there are 3 or 4 up temp rockers before it so this song might be just what the Doctor ordered when it comes up in the order :)

Still really looking forward to this release.

I'm really looking forward to this album but that new track really isn't doing anything for me. Just really average and bland. Hope its one of the weaker tracks on the album or I may be a little disappointed

It's okay though. And considering I've listened to all the samples, I do think this will be a change of pace type song that will probably grow on me once I hear it within the context of the album. I think there are 3 or 4 up temp rockers before it so this song might be just what the Doctor ordered when it comes up in the order :)

I'm really looking forward to this album but that new track really isn't doing anything for me. Just really average and bland. Hope its one of the weaker tracks on the album or I may be a little disappointed

Yeah I've listened a couple more times and it's grown on me a little, still not thrilled by it but it's not bad. I try to avoid samples as it takes away from my enjoyment of the first listen once I get the album. So from the samples it's sounding good then you reckon?

Yeah I've listened a couple more times and it's grown on me a little, still not thrilled by it but it's not bad. I try to avoid samples as it takes away from my enjoyment of the first listen once I get the album. So from the samples it's sounding good then you reckon?

Sounding good to me :)

I think just judging from the samples that this newest song might be my least favorite of everything I've heard. But even still, it still could easily grow on me depending on my mood or the context of the album.

In the samples, I'm hearing lots of riffs, Def Leppard style backing vocals and harmonies and just overall good, fun melodic rock. And that's exactly what I want from Trixter :)

Sounding good to me :)

I think just judging from the samples that this newest song might be my least favorite of everything I've heard. But even still, it still could easily grow on me depending on my mood or the context of the album.

In the samples, I'm hearing lots of riffs, Def Leppard style backing vocals and harmonies and just overall good, fun melodic rock. And that's exactly what I want from Trixter :)

Yeah, Stevie's time in Leppard paid-off. Gang-style backing vocals are almost always agreeable with me. Hell, even Romeo's Daughter sounded great back in the day thanks to Mutt.

The second track isn't as good as the first in my opinion, but I'm certainly looking forward to this new CD.

I think those are the first Trixter tracks i've heard and it sounds like i've been missing out

I think there are a lot of people that dismiss Trixter as being like a washed up 80's boy band or something.

I've got a good friend that shares many of my tastes in music and Trixter came up in conversation not too long ago. I asked him if he'd listened to their last album and he gave me a perplexed look and was like....."Trixter? Have they done anything since Give It To Me Good?".

I then let him borrow their latest album and next thing I know, he was rocking out with Trixter at M3 :)

I think those are the first Trixter tracks i've heard and it sounds like i've been missing out

I think there are a lot of people that dismiss Trixter as being like a washed up 80's boy band or something.

I've got a good friend that shares many of my tastes in music and Trixter came up in conversation not too long ago. I asked him if he'd listened to their last album and he gave me a perplexed look and was like....."Trixter? Have they done anything since Give It To Me Good?".

I then let him borrow their latest album and next thing I know, he was rocking out with Trixter at M3 :)

"GIVE IT" is a wonderful slice of 80's rock, but the video is just SOOOOOOOOOOO damn cheesy it turned people off even way back then.

I remember the debut very well, and played the hell out of it, along with Warrant DRFSR and Roxy Blue - Want Some? (and more) all the time back in the very early 90's when it seemed everyone else had dropped the genre in favor of the (please excuse me if you were a fan) shit from Seattle.

Swear to God I think I was the only person in the State of Washington who bought Def Leppard's Adrenalize in 1992. Most of y'all remember when grunge hit, I'm sure, but you had to be right here to truly feel it's full effect. The music scene turned from lipstick and leather to dirty work boots and flannel seemingly overnight.

I was never a fan of Nirvana, their music, etc., but I do give them credit... they were able to flip a 10-year culture on it's ear and were absolutely everywhere for a bit of time back then.

Bands like Bon Jovi and Def Leppard could only hope to release tracks like this now-a-days.

Bravo, Trixter!

It sounds like what Bon Jovi could /should sound like.

Bands like Bon Jovi and Def Leppard could only hope to release tracks like this now-a-days.

Bravo, Trixter!

It sounds like what Bon Jovi could /should sound like.

I thought that.

Bravo, Trixter!

I'm a huge Leppard fan and I even agree :)

This song has a classic Leppard type sound with the gang backing vocals.

This is the kind of music I wish Leppard were releasing and hoping the new album they have coming out in the fall has some stuff that sounds like this.

Really looking forward to this release (In the US...I know it's out in Japan already). Based upon reviews I've read and from samples of the songs I've listened to, I think this album will be more solid from top to bottom than the last album...And I enjoyed the last album :)