Inglorious - s/t

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

They released "Breakaway" and I was pretty dang impressed. Then they released "Until I Die" and I liked it, but not as much. This new song is my least favorite of the three, but we'll see how I feel after more listens, and I'm still curious to see how this album turns out.

P.S. I change what I said about "Breakaway" being the opener over "Until I Die." The video version of the latter is an edit. The full version has an extended intro that makes it more appropriate as the opening song, even though I like something faster (like "Breakaway").

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what to think of this band anymore. I was really excited at first. "Breakaway" was so full of rock 'n' roll energy. I like things about all of their songs, but it feels like they're camping out a little bit too much in that mid-tempo, almost dragging kind of territory.

I'm not sure what to think of this band anymore. I was really excited at first. "Breakaway" was so full of rock 'n' roll energy. I like things about all of their songs, but it feels like they're camping out a little bit too much in that mid-tempo, almost dragging kind of territory.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Trying this. A few times. It's not terrible. It's not great.

I think I've settled on the problem is the vocalist is trying too hard. Decent voice but at times seems to be showing off rather than just singing. Kind of vocal masturbation.

Then I listened to the new Wolfmother this morning and was really impressed. Similar idea executed far better.

I thought I was the only one a little underwhelmed by these guys, but seems like you've all caught on

Is there actually a single positive comment in this entire thread? I thought everyone has been hating this one since day one?

Trying this. A few times. It's not terrible. It's not great.

I think I've settled on the problem is the vocalist is trying too hard. Decent voice but at times seems to be showing off rather than just singing. Kind of vocal masturbation.

Then I listened to the new Wolfmother this morning and was really impressed. Similar idea executed far better.

Hes renowned for showing off. He usually parades on stage with JSS and ruins a song or 2 by screaming too much.

• My Little Pony

Not bad; pretty solid.

I thought I was the only one a little underwhelmed by these guys, but seems like you've all caught on

Is there actually a single positive comment in this entire thread? I thought everyone has been hating this one since day one?

This from some bloke named geoff:

"Not bad; pretty solid."

And from DLC:

"Damn, well how bout that!! The guy has a seriously good voice though can't argue with that"

And JPL:

"I liked that tune......good stuff!"

H&H:

"I have high hopes for this."

Deuce:

"I like both songs and I think that this is a band to look forward to."

Not sure where i got the idea from

• My Little Pony

This from some bloke named geoff:

"Not bad; pretty solid."

And from DLC:

"Damn, well how bout that!! The guy has a seriously good voice though can't argue with that"

And JPL:

"I liked that tune......good stuff!"

H&H:

"I have high hopes for this."

Deuce:

"I like both songs and I think that this is a band to look forward to."

Not sure where i got the idea from

I don't know where you got that idea from either. I worry about you sometimes.

No thanks please. I will stop paying attention to anything more in this thread...

Except this happened... tosspots. ;)