Art Nation (Alexander Strandell/Diamond Dawn) - Revolution

Stefan

Wow, you guys really think it's worse than the HEAT ballad of their last album? All said and done, I don't even think it's my least favourite song on the album. Definitely in the bottom 2 or 3, but not sure it's the worst.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you guys really think it's worse than the HEAT ballad of their last album? All said and done, I don't even think it's my least favourite song on the album. Definitely in the bottom 2 or 3, but not sure it's the worst.

Note I said ''One of the worst ballads' ;)

Never mentioned the HEAT ballad but piano ballads rarely work....just pointless really. In fact most ballads are pointless unless they are are about an unusual subject...then they can be cool.

I like the song myself... It's much better than All the nights which never really resonated with me.

Look to the sky sorta reminds me of some of the Savatage piano songs and it's a nice break/change of pace from all the guitar driven songs with all their sweep picking :)

lol. 'All the nights.' That's right. I already forgot the name of it. The Art Nation is heaps better than that one.

Never mentioned the HEAT ballad but piano ballads rarely work....just pointless really. In fact most ballads are pointless unless they are are about an unusual subject...then they can be cool.

Goat:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a solid release and on my top 15 of 2015. I'll be honest, I still think they are a poor man's H.E.A.T.....but still good none the least and I'll surely be looking forward to their next release.

Is it me or doesn't the intro to 'Start A Fire' sound like it should be a ringtone for a phone.

Despite the songs, I actually think it's a really nicely produced and mastered album - It's got an overall dynamic range of about 8 which is not amazing but a lot higher than all the other albums coming out from H.E.A.T etc which usually come in around 5. A nice crankable album that doesn't tire the ears as much as others :)

• 2 weeks later...

I read that everyone's least favourite track is the ballad. I love it! A great change of pace and it is easily the most emotional and rawest moment on the entire album.

I read that everyone's least favourite track is the ballad. I love it! A great change of pace and it is easily the most emotional and rawest moment on the entire album.

+1

• 5 weeks later...

Just got around to getting this CD...

Lol...I agree with you guys too on the worst tracks.

5-6 really good songs, a couple more that are okay and then the few mentioned that I could do without and are pretty much skips for me.

I'd say it's a darn solid debut album though. Not sure what I'd rate it...probably 85-90 range. Need You To Understand, 3000 Beats, Moving On, Here I Am and All In are the real highlights for me.

I hope on album 2 they keep toward the slightly heavier, but still melodic songs as that is where they excel for me.

Oh yeah, 'Start a fire' is killer. Absolutely love that hook. My least favourite songs would be 'I want out, 'Number one,' 'Look to the sky' and 'Wage ware against the world.' Otherwise it's a great album.

Agree with least favorite tracks.

Me too.

Not me "Look To The Sky" might be my favourite ballad of 2015....so powerful, raw and emotional.

This album seems divided over this track. I think its a nice slow down, and far from being the worst track out there.

I also don't think it's a bad song, or the worst on there. But for me it is definitely one of the weaker songs.

• 3 months later...
  • My Little Pony

I cannot wait...

On may 27 "We Are Better Togheter", the official Ghotia Cup song will be released. Listen to the teaser now!

https://www.facebook.com/artnationswe/videos/1115483945170975/

Wow! the Ghotia Cup! WOOHOOO NO WAY!!!

the what?

It's actually Gothia Cup. A massive Football tourney in Sweden.

I cannot wait...

On may 27 "We Are Better Togheter", the official Ghotia Cup song will be released. Listen to the teaser now!

https://www.facebook.com/artnationswe/videos/1115483945170975/

Wow! the Ghotia Cup! WOOHOOO NO WAY!!!

the what?

It's actually Gothia Cup. A massive Football tourney in Sweden.

Here it is. The Goth Cup

caliz-reapers-temptation-xt3277.jpg

It's not bad at all.