Art Nation (Alexander Strandell/Diamond Dawn) - Revolution

Stefan

So this one is not bad, hey? Not quite what I was hoping for, I'll admit it, but when they're good they're absolutely fantastic. Kind of reminded me a little bit of Diamond Dawn with the one or two truly classic songs on that debut, but not much else.

This one has about 5 songs that sound exactly like HEAT, meaning they sound awesome, but there's also a bit of clutter on board too. Definitely deserves some more spins, but first impressions are it'll have about 5 of the year's better songs, but overall the album may not be as high as I thought/hoped/expected.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that Alex was a very talented guitar player from the beginning and has just singed only for real in 1 year when the Diamond Dawn album was released.

I know that he have worked with his voice with other famous vocalist the last years and in my opinion he have right now one of the greatest voices out there right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIh2N2ju-VI

and how are you involved with Alex ? :D

I have followed him since he was 18 years old and been on his shows since then :)
I saw them in Stockholm together with Stiftelsen and also in Västervik together with D-A-D.

The crowd where awesome and the show were fantastic :)

A true fan! What other band/artists do you like beside Art Nation? My guess would be H.E.A.T. since Art Nation sounds like a H.E.A.T. clone. Trevligt med en till svensk här på sajten :)

Guest MalcolmTucker

Don't forget that Alex was a very talented guitar player from the beginning and has just singed only for real in 1 year when the Diamond Dawn album was released.

I know that he have worked with his voice with other famous vocalist the last years and in my opinion he have right now one of the greatest voices out there right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIh2N2ju-VI

and how are you involved with Alex ? :D

I have followed him since he was 18 years old and been on his shows since then :)
I saw them in Stockholm together with Stiftelsen and also in Västervik together with D-A-D.

The crowd where awesome and the show were fantastic :)

Ah ic, thought you're his girlfriend :D

Who told you that she's not? I mean, the only people I picture supporting this second-rate Erik Grönwall is his own family.

Like Geoff said, when their good their really good. 5-7 really good songs, a couple of above average songs, and a couple of ok songs make tis a great album for me.

• My Little Pony

Like Geoff said, when their good their really good. 5-7 really good songs, a couple of above average songs, and a couple of ok songs make tis a great album for me.

Tis is on my list.

I like it, recommended to pick up if you dig Scandi melodic rock, perhaps as what I expected, scored around 84.3%,

maybe will bounce between 81-85 after a while but definitely above 80%.

Vocally, I hear an improvement over Diamond Dawn, several songs need some tweakin' but overall a nice release, good job !

Vocally, I hear an improvement over Diamond Dawn

Understatement of the year!

Sounds like someone surgically removed his voice box and replaced it with someone who can sing......REALLY well. I mean the improvement vocally is unprecedented. Beyond belief almost.

As for the songs, well its excellent innit?? About as close to HEAT as ive heard, and that is big praise.

These guys have nailed it imo.......OK there are one or 2 moments where they dip below excellent, but this is minor gripes.

Easy top 5...........although Ive not rated anything in 2015 yet.

I don't know if I've ever encountered an album where the first and last songs are the best on the album, but my two faves on this one are the first and last... killer songs.

I don't know if I've ever encountered an album where the first and last songs are the best on the album, but my two faves on this one are the first and last... killer songs.

Quoted for truth. Let's see if this holds.

Art Nation (Swe) – Revolution
1. Need You To Understand 93
2. 3000 Beats 92
3. I Want Out 80
4. Number One 80
5. Don’t Wait For Salvation 90
6. All The Way 85
7. Start A Fire 84
8. Moving On 92
9. Here I Am 92
10. Look To The Sky 79
11. Wage War Against The World 86
12. All In 93

My fav 2 currently are '3000 Beats' and 'Moving On'.......both arse kickers......esp Moving On....that riff and solo kills me.

Listening to this song right now actually :-))))

My fav 2 currently are '3000 Beats' and 'Moving On'.......both arse kickers......esp Moving On....that riff and solo kills me.

Yeah, '3000 Beats' (and 'Here I Am') are brilliant too.

The only song I'm not keen on is the piano ballad..........

So anyway, how did that make the cut, but not the supposed first single 'Leave It All Behind' which is excellent??

Odd decision.............

So anyway, how did that make the cut, but not the supposed first single 'Leave It All Behind' which is excellent??

But you like 'All the nights' from HEAT? That's a point of confusion to me. I'm not a massive fan of the song either... I think it's close to the weakest on the album, but the comment in my initial rating was something along the lines of "not great, but much better than 'All the nights' by HEAT, if nothing else." :lol:

But you like 'All the nights' from HEAT? That's a point of confusion to me. I'm not a massive fan of the song either... I think it's close to the weakest on the album, but the comment in my initial rating was something along the lines of "not great, but much better than 'All the nights' by HEAT, if nothing else." :lol:

I think 'All The Nights' is probably better, but my point would be both are probably the weakest songs on the respective albums............

Both pretty good, but not matching the rest.

In both cases I would have preferred another hooky rocker.....or proper (non sappy) ballad.

This is gonna be a contender for album of the year for me, Love almost every song, I too am not keen on 'Look to the sky' and I'm not really fussed with 'Don't wait for salvation' either although neither are particularly bad, but every other song is a winner, especially 'All In' what a song that is, agreed also that the guy's voice is unrecognisable now which is a good thing

Agree, the 4 you guys mentioned and add in Here I Am and Start A Fire all 9s for me.

• My Little Pony

Is there an import release with a bonus tracks out there? I think I might have to put together an order soon; it's been a minute since I last bought something.

Well, I have to say it. A lot of the time I see some of you guys talking about guitar solos in current songs and I wonder if you're just easy to please, or am I just a grumpy old shit? I've mentioned it in other threads before that a lot of the time today I feel like guitar solos are often there because they're supposed to be. They're technically good, but clinical and cold most the time.

Whereas back in the day, I feel like it was like a real moment of pride for the guitarist to show off his shit and really add something to the song.

I don't know what's happened, but I'm generally pretty skeptical of the modern day guitar solo. But I have to say, listening to this album tonight, I was absolutely loving some of this shit. Some of these solos are just fantastic! Loving it.

Well, I have to say it. A lot of the time I see some of you guys talking about guitar solos in current songs and I wonder if you're just easy to please, or am I just a grumpy old shit? I've mentioned it in other threads before that a lot of the time today I feel like guitar solos are often there because they're supposed to be. They're technically good, but clinical and cold most the time.

Whereas back in the day, I feel like it was like a real moment of pride for the guitarist to show off his shit and really add something to the song.

I don't know what's happened, but I'm generally pretty skeptical of the modern day guitar solo. But I have to say, listening to this album tonight, I was absolutely loving some of this shit. Some of these solos are just fantastic! Loving it.

Of course, my taste in guitar solos is impeccable :D

• My Little Pony

Absolutely loving this!

Yep. I'm still waiting to see if an import version pops up somewhere, before I purchase. Though, it doesn't look like there is one.