Great discs most people have never heard

AlphaMale

I say the same album everytime a thread like this comes up, but each time it seems to gather at least one new fan, so hopefully this is no exception. I know it's impossible to get these days, but one of my all time favourite discs:

Silly Fools - The One (English Version)

Which is why it only gathers one new fan. How the hell can I love an album I can't seem to find? Anywhere.

It is probably now entirely impossible to find, but it used to be available here, though it doesn't even look like the English version is listed on the site anymore, even not in stock:

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=37980

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joshua is better imo. Just saying :-))

Joshua's intense defense is monster ( i prefer it than surrender which is another 9,5 album, how can you go wrong with the best track G. Edman never sung:

His first EP " The hand...", with stryper's first ep, were the ones that got me into the " white metal" thingie.

One monster album that I'm justified to believe that most people have never heard is Jame's Byrd "Beyond The Pillars".

328965.jpg?0821

The guitarist from first Fifth Angel magnum opus, the glorious instrumental " Son of Man", some other monsters like Atlantis Rising, Crimes of Virtuosity (with some of the best ballads ever) etc offers here- with Freddy Krumins-the singer he had in Atlantis Rising- some unreleased stuff from Atlantis Rising era, when he abandoned FA, and other more commercial/radio friendly versions of Atlantis Rising songs. It slays!

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my favorites that nobody has heard of:

The Wildhearts - Earth Vs. The Wildhearts

Some of you might have heard "Suckerpunch" back on Headbangers Ball. That song was a heavy fast scorcher. But not the typical track on this disc. Tracks like "Loveshit" blew me away!!

"Suckerpunch"

"Loveshit"

"The Miles Away Girl"

"Everlone"

"My Baby Is A Headfuck"

Also, a great great disc by the Knack in the late 80's called "Serious Fun". Yes... this is the "My Sharona" band.

But this is an excellent 80's AOR/hard rock disc.

Some my favs:

"One Day At A Time"

"Won't Let Go/Aces and Eights"

http://youtu.be/GGQ6UR7hwag

"Rocket O' Love"

"Shine"

http://youtu.be/xBICl8w5Wv4

Some of you might have heard "Suckerpunch" back on Headbangers Ball. That song was a heavy fast scorcher. But not the typical track on this disc. Tracks like "Loveshit" blew me away!!

"Suckerpunch"

"Loveshit"

"The Miles Away Girl"

"Everlone"

"My Baby Is A Headfuck"

Man, The Wildhearts were FANTASTIC ... have you heard some of the stuff they only put out on singles? 'Hate The World Day', '29x The Pain' ... great stuff :)

The Outfield ... their first three albums are all fantastic, if you ask me - quality pop-rock - but even though they're a London band, no-one I know here in the UK has ever heard of 'em :(

Great band and great call mate,cannot believe in their homeland no one knows about them.

"Suckerpunch"

"Loveshit"

"The Miles Away Girl"

"Everlone"

"My Baby Is A Headfuck"

Love The Wildhearts mate and more should know about this excellent band,some of the best hooks ever written.

The Outfield ... their first three albums are all fantastic, if you ask me - quality pop-rock - but even though they're a London band, no-one I know here in the UK has ever heard of 'em :(

Great band and great call mate,cannot believe in their homeland no one knows about them.

I was in the US when I first heard them (when 'Play Deep' was released, and 'Your Love' was being played a lot on the radio.) It took me a long time to track down the album here in the UK ... at the time, our radio stations were too busy playing bland, generic pop shite ... oh, hang on ... they still do that NOW! :)

"Suckerpunch"

"Loveshit"

"The Miles Away Girl"

"Everlone"

"My Baby Is A Headfuck"

Love The Wildhearts mate and more should know about this excellent band,some of the best hooks ever written.

Ginger's solo album 'A Change In The Weather' is pretty good, too - it collects the five (six?) singles he put out as a solo artists before his then-label went belly up ...

The salesman at one of the import cd shops i hunted around in turned me on to The Outfield's first release and i have been hooked ever since.It's a shame radio still hasn't changed.

That Ginger cd is great,i have a few others and i'm slowly getting all The Wildheart cds & cd singles that i need.I,ve managed to pick up a lot of the Jap pressings with bonus tracks.

The salesman at one of the import cd shops i hunted around in turned me on to The Outfield's first release and i have been hooked ever since.It's a shame radio still hasn't changed.

That Ginger cd is great,i have a few others and i'm slowly getting all The Wildheart cds & cd singles that i need.I,ve managed to pick up a lot of the Jap pressings with bonus tracks.

I had all of the Wildhearts' stuff for a while ... the Mondo-A-Kimbo-A-Go-Go EP, the Fan Club version of Fishing For Luckies, all of the singles up to 'Lovebank' ... had to clear them all out when money got tight ... *sob* ... I've still got some bootlegs (including some stuff with their original singer) ... :)

"Suckerpunch"

"Loveshit"

"The Miles Away Girl"

"Everlone"

"My Baby Is A Headfuck"

In the UK you can hardly call yourself a rock fan if you havent heard the Wildhearts, especially Earth Vs..

• 1 month later...

I always enjoy these kinds of topics.....

Ginger has to be one of the most prolific songwriters in rock music. The Wildhearts are a GREAT band....and I own all of their releases, including fan club, Mondo, etc. Just great, great hooks and melodies.....

As for bands that MOST people should know about but probably don't.....well, here are some that I feel are vastly underappreciated:

Fear Not - Fear Not (oh how I wish Larry Worley would have released more material!!! It's a damn shame that he hasn't **to my knowledge**)

Roxxi - Drive it to Ya Hard This is just great hook laden and tight hard rock that, to these ears, is magnificent and should have been huge. I tried contacting the guitar player on facebook about other material, etc. but never got a reply back. Wonder if they have/had any demo material floating around the East coast?!

And, one band that I could never get enough of **even though they've released 7 or so albums** and I thought after their initial release should have been HUGE was Von Groove....just love their stuff and always hope that someday they'll release another album.

Those are just a few of so many that I feel have not received the mass appeal I think they should have!

• My Little Pony

I always enjoy these kinds of topics.....

Ginger has to be one of the most prolific songwriters in rock music. The Wildhearts are a GREAT band....and I own all of their releases, including fan club, Mondo, etc. Just great, great hooks and melodies.....

As for bands that MOST people should know about but probably don't.....well, here are some that I feel are vastly underappreciated:

Fear Not - Fear Not (oh how I wish Larry Worley would have released more material!!! It's a damn shame that he hasn't **to my knowledge**)

Roxxi - Drive it to Ya Hard This is just great hook laden and tight hard rock that, to these ears, is magnificent and should have been huge. I tried contacting the guitar player on facebook about other material, etc. but never got a reply back. Wonder if they have/had any demo material floating around the East coast?!

And, one band that I could never get enough of **even though they've released 7 or so albums** and I thought after their initial release should have been HUGE was Von Groove....just love their stuff and always hope that someday they'll release another album.

Those are just a few of so many that I feel have not received the mass appeal I think they should have!

Fear Not, I would love to get at a decent price, but that's unlikely.

Von Groove is a band I always consider listening to, and then I hit up eGay to find a copy of their debut, but it's either too much to start with, or I'm outbid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One I was reminded of this weekend ...

Andy Taylor: Thunder

Bajm - Baila Armia

Excellent Polish band that have released lots of good stuff since the early 80's. Sung in their native tongue, but don't let that put you off If you like Hi-tech AOR. Superb album

Buxx - Knickers Down

A bit of a lost classic in my eyes. Released way back as a 6 track mini album in 1982,this is great pompy MHR that should have got the band a major and onto bigger and better things. Retrospect re-issued this with bonus tracks, so should be fairly easy to track down

Eric Russell - Personal (1993) Japan. Also released two years later in Europe as Olivier Constantin, which is his real name. Great WC/AOR on the lighter side but very well performed with a top notch production. Check out the song "Shining" on youtube.

One I was reminded of this weekend ...

Andy Taylor: Thunder

Great choice mate,this is one lost treasure i always remember to visit and any fans of melodic hard rock please check this out and the combo of Andy Taylor/Steve Jones recorded imo a classic album.

• My Little Pony

How do you define this? Loads of disks I love that few seem to have been interested in.

Gerry Laffy - Money and Magic, The Grip - Be Yourself would strike me as two great disks few talk about.

Just like that. Keep throwing up albums that you don't think get enough recognition.

Right now I'm thinking of 2 obscure gigamega great hard rock/aor/melodic metal releases of the 80's. :wub:

I've met recently their magic. Sorry, but I cannot mention them, because I still don't own them on vinyl (the one was reissued on a cd and it's part of the site). Business secret. B)