Great discs most people have never heard

AlphaMale

This thread is dedicated to cds that are great/awesome, but most people have never heard.

My first one: Impellitteri "Crunch"

Listened to this last night and this album is just amazing. Came out in 2000 with the awesome Yngwie-like guitar licks from Chris Impellitteri and the amazing soaring vocals of Rob Rock. Just a killer collection of metal songs with great choruses. The only Impellitteri disc that really hit me.

Anybody else a fan of this disc? What other discs out there do you feel are great that you think not many other people have heard?

My favorites from "Crunch":

http://youtu.be/sEEIyYbTZa0

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm huge fan of Chris, but not very much of this disc. My faves are answer to the master+ screaming symphony + first EP

I am about to check out their whole discography. I heard the Graham Bonnet discs are brought down by his terrible vocals. Also heard they had another singer besides Rob Rock on a disc or two. Going to check them all out.

• My Little Pony

I'm huge fan of Chris, but not very much of this disc. My faves are answer to the master+ screaming symphony + first EP

I am about to check out their whole discography. I heard the Graham Bonnet discs are brought down by his terrible vocals. Also heard they had another singer besides Rob Rock on a disc or two. Going to check them all out.

Yeah, "Answer to the Master" is awesome! Nice call on Chris Impellitteri. I'd say he's far better than Yngwie Malmsteen. Yngwie makes noise, while Chris makes music.

Impellitteri (EP) [9/10]

Stand in Line [8/10]

Grin and Bear It [8/10]

Victim of the System [9/10]

Answer to the Master [9/10]

Screaming Symphony [9/10]

Eye of the Hurricane [9/10]

Crunch [8/10]

Wicked Maiden [8/10]

all must haves.

System X [6/10]

Pedal to the Metal [6/10]

only if you get them for really cheap.

You have to have Answer to the Master & System X. Killer!!!!!

Impellitteri (EP) [9/10]

Stand in Line [8/10]

Grin and Bear It [8/10]

Victim of the System [9/10]

Answer to the Master [9/10]

Screaming Symphony [9/10]

Eye of the Hurricane [9/10]

Crunch [8/10]

Wicked Maiden [8/10]

all must haves.

System X [6/10]

Pedal to the Metal [6/10]

only if you get them for really cheap.

Grin and Bear 8 for the "power of love"? Godly track. I'd wished my favorite ones were also released on vinyl, like this one.

I say the same album everytime a thread like this comes up, but each time it seems to gather at least one new fan, so hopefully this is no exception. I know it's impossible to get these days, but one of my all time favourite discs:

Silly Fools - The One (English Version)

• My Little Pony

I say the same album everytime a thread like this comes up, but each time it seems to gather at least one new fan, so hopefully this is no exception. I know it's impossible to get these days, but one of my all time favourite discs:

Silly Fools - The One (English Version)

Which is why it only gathers one new fan. How the hell can I love an album I can't seem to find? Anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll throw out 2 -

Joshua - Intense Defence

Arti Tisi - s/t (never formally released)

Both are magnifique.

Yeah, very good album. (Never heard of the other one.)

Bloody Mary

French sleaze band, and they're great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqD-7L2zvSs&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLcOcLd59jfz75NrKztno3ZlwMl6h_tO5Z

Don't know how easy it is to find their stuff, but if you can get the album Shoot Me, do yourself a favour and pick it up!

Arti Tisi - s/t (never formally released)

Love his stuff,somebody somewhere offically release this gem?

I sent the Arti Tisi guy a message on facebook asking him the same thing and never got a reply

The Outfield ... their first three albums are all fantastic, if you ask me - quality pop-rock - but even though they're a London band, no-one I know here in the UK has ever heard of 'em :(