Great discs most people have never heard

AlphaMale

One I was reminded of this weekend ...

Andy Taylor: Thunder

Great choice mate,this is one lost treasure i always remember to visit and any fans of melodic hard rock please check this out and the combo of Andy Taylor/Steve Jones recorded imo a classic album.

Agreed, and then some ... there are some fantastic tunes on this album ... I wonder if the fact that he was in Duran Duran put a lot of people off? A pity, 'cause songs like 'I Might Lie', 'Bringin' Me Down' and 'Don't Let Me Die Young' deserve a wider audience!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One I was reminded of this weekend ...

Andy Taylor: Thunder

Great choice mate,this is one lost treasure i always remember to visit and any fans of melodic hard rock please check this out and the combo of Andy Taylor/Steve Jones recorded imo a classic album.

Agreed, and then some ... there are some fantastic tunes on this album ... I wonder if the fact that he was in Duran Duran put a lot of people off? A pity, 'cause songs like 'I Might Lie', 'Bringin' Me Down' and 'Don't Let Me Die Young' deserve a wider audience!

I agree. The Duran Duran factor put people off.

A very underrated release IMO.

I randomly downloaded and heard Tokio Rose - s/t (1987) the other day, and this was really really good. Anyone know this one? I notice it's not on the main site. Vocalist sounds really familiar too. I was thinking of the dude from Tour De Force? Anyway, very nice album.

• 7 months later...
  • My Little Pony

The Works - From Out of Nowhere

These guys went on to form Wall of Silence, but this was a bit more AOR. This album also proves that Mike Slamer's involvement with Wall of Silence, while appreciated, was not necessary. These three Canadian boys were excellent musicians and songwriters.

Boss: Step On It

They were an Aussie band (I think), and this has yet to see the light of day on CD (thank the Lord for the Interwebz), but this is a cracking mid-80s album - crunchy, melodic rock ('Take It Or Leave It' is a particular gem.)