Wow.... slammed back to back to back to back.....

Are you guys as stunned as I am with the slew of awesome releases we've been hit with and are getting hit with?? Man.... we got new Trixter.... new Tyketto.... new Crazy Lixx.... new Charm City Devils.... new Europe.... new Overkill.... new Accept.... new Primal Fear.... and the coming months look hot also with new Dokken.... new Gotthard.... new Rhino Bucket.... new L.A. Guns.... new Wig Wam.....

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger::beerbang::banger::headbanger::beerbang::banger:

The new Accept is soooo friggin awesome! I've got the new Crazy Lixx and Bangalore Choir sitting here just waiting to go into the player. Tango Down should be out shortly. Rhino Bucket is also on my need to get list. Shaping up to be a great year music-wise. :party421:

All awesome stuff out now, I'm waiting for Tango Down & Wig Wam!!!

• My Little Pony

Yeah, I can't bloody wait for "Wall Street." Even the tunes I didn't care for from Wig Wam's previous releases were so damn catchy I couldn't stop myself from singing along.

I'm pleased people are enjoying them, but not for me. Quantity is not the same as quality. I'd rather remember Tyketto and Trixter for what they used to be (good) rather than what they are now (average, or worse in Trixter's case). The new Overkill is okay, but their previous disc was better IMO. Frankly some of these bands should just release stuff under different names to avoid people getting their expectations raised...

Haven't had much opportunity to 'review' what's come out so far this year, but I am loving a handful of modern rock discs and HEAT so far. And Sunstorm. Tango Down, Wig Wam, LA Guns and Crazy Lixx excite me from above.

I'm tentatively hopeful Europe will record something worthwhile for the first time in 21 years.

I was excited about Trixter and although I don't think I'll quite share Tim's views, those words have made me very nervous.

Are you guys as stunned as I am with the slew of awesome releases we've been hit with and are getting hit with?? Man.... we got new Trixter.... new Tyketto.... new Crazy Lixx.... new Charm City Devils.... new Europe.... new Overkill.... new Accept.... new Primal Fear.... and the coming months look hot also with new Dokken.... new Gotthard.... new Rhino Bucket.... new L.A. Guns.... new Wig Wam.....

I am glad for your excitement mate, but the only one out of that lot that I've bought or pre-ordered is Crazy Lixx.

Wig Wam sounded shit from the samples, but I will try my best to hear it before dismissing them totally as their previous stuff has been great.

Trixter/tyketto will pass me by....for the same reasons as Tim.

Im waiting for Crashdiet, WET and Vega (or possibly Eclipse?) to hopefully blow my mind and take the top 3 spots for 2012 !!

We'll see..............

Haven't had much opportunity to 'review' what's come out so far this year, but I am loving a handful of modern rock discs and HEAT so far. And Sunstorm. Tango Down, Wig Wam, LA Guns and Crazy Lixx excite me from above.

I'm tentatively hopeful Europe will record something worthwhile for the first time in 21 years.

I was excited about Trixter and although I don't think I'll quite share Tim's views, those words have made me very nervous.

looks like you're missing the new Jeff Scott Soto on your list mate

I am glad for your excitement mate, but the only one out of that lot that I've bought or pre-ordered is Crazy Lixx.

Wig Wam sounded shit from the samples, but I will try my best to hear it before dismissing them totally as their previous stuff has been great.

Im waiting for Crashdiet, WET and Vega (or possibly Eclipse?) to hopefully blow my mind and take the top 3 spots for 2012 !!

We'll see..............

Beside those four, i guess LA GUNS, GOTTHARD, ALL I KNOW, FINAL FRONTIERS, and TESLA could be a surprise too!

We'll see..............

Beside those four, i guess LA GUNS, GOTTHARD, ALL I KNOW, FINAL FRONTIERS, and TESLA could be a surprise too!

Mmmm never been hugely keen on LA Guns....although the debut is awesome.

Gotthard could be good, but the feedback Im hearing is not filling me with glee....

All I Know & Degreed will be great for sure and I forgot to mention those. Massive expectations, esp on the Degreed, which is supposed to be killer.

The other surprise as well could be Pride of Lions - I heard a clip from one of the songs on Facebook and it sounded great....back to the debut sound.

Cheers

You're missing a ton of them new PASTORE slays....even better than Overkill and Primal Fear...then we have upcoming JADED HEART, OXYGEN, FIREWIND, DRIVER (ROB ROCK), HERMAN FRANK (NEW SOLO ALBUM), FATAL SMILE, EMPIRES OF EDEN, MALICE, BURNING POINT, AT VANCE and lots more!

Wanna hear and stay up t date with all this new stuff? Check out my radio show!

http://www.themetalmadman.com

http://www.facebook.com/themetalmadmanshow

You're missing a ton of them new PASTORE slays....even better than Overkill and Primal Fear...then we have upcoming JADED HEART, OXYGEN, FIREWIND, DRIVER (ROB ROCK), HERMAN FRANK (NEW SOLO ALBUM), FATAL SMILE, EMPIRES OF EDEN, MALICE, BURNING POINT, AT VANCE and lots more!

Wanna hear and stay up t date with all this new stuff? Check out my radio show!

http://www.themetalmadman.com

http://www.facebook.com/themetalmadmanshow

Sorry mate that Driver is a big disappointment! One or two killer tracks but the rest pales against the last one - which is KILLER .

• My Little Pony

Just got a hold of the new Great White with Terry on vox and I think everyone will be very pleased :)

Well, yeah, it's f*cking Terry on vox!

looks like you're missing the new Jeff Scott Soto on your list mate

Yeah, I'm missing millions, mate. Like Peepshow, for instance.

The new Accept is soooo friggin awesome! I've got the new Crazy Lixx and Bangalore Choir sitting here just waiting to go into the player. Tango Down should be out shortly. Rhino Bucket is also on my need to get list. Shaping up to be a great year music-wise. :party421:

Agreed!!! All this new music just in time for Summer!!! :banger:

• My Little Pony

I know, right? What the hell happened? Their songwriting seems to have gone to shit. I'm very skeptical about this one, after hearing those samples.

I know, right? What the hell happened? Their songwriting seems to have gone to shit. I'm very skeptical about this one, after hearing those samples.

Unfortunately I have to agree...what the hell are they doing? From all the samples only the title track sounded fine, some other tracks were horrendous.

I know, right? Their songwriting seems to have gone to shit. I'm very skeptical about this one, after hearing those samples.

Unfortunately I have to agree...what the hell are they doing? From all the samples only the title track sounded fine, some other tracks were horrendous.

Are you sure we're listening to the same samples? :unsure: Granted, I haven't listened to all of them, but the half-dozen I clicked on sounded pretty darn good to these ears. Not up to the incredibly high standard of "Wigwamania," but good nonetheless. Maybe I got lucky and just listened to all the good songs...

Then again, I think the same thing about the new Crazy Lixx...everyone saying it's a duff album but it sounds good to me, though, again, not as good as their earlier output. To each their own, I guess, but as far as I'm concerned, if I don't get assigned the Wig Wam to review, then I'm buying it the second it becomes available.

I know, right? Their songwriting seems to have gone to shit. I'm very skeptical about this one, after hearing those samples.

Are you sure we're listening to the same samples? :unsure: Granted, I haven't listened to all of them, but the half-dozen I clicked on sounded pretty darn good to these ears. Not up to the incredibly high standard of "Wigwamania," but good nonetheless. Maybe I got lucky and just listened to all the good songs...

Then again, I think the same thing about the new Crazy Lixx...everyone saying it's a duff album but it sounds good to me, though, again, not as good as their earlier output. To each their own, I guess, but as far as I'm concerned, if I don't get assigned the Wig Wam to review, then I'm buying it the second it becomes available.

I'm completely with you on the Crazy Lixx subject! It took a couple of spins to really like that one, but now I love it almost as much as its predecessors.

Maybe my judgement concering Wig Wam is a bit harsh I admit, there might be a couple more good tracks.

Here's a short rundown on the samples:

Wall Street – classic Wig Wam anthem

OMG – Like the chorus, but think the verse is pretty lame

Victory is sweet – boring to my ears

Bigger the better – yeah it's okay, but somehow I'm pretty tired of these 'We will rock you'-styled songs

Bleeding Daylight – this one sounds good actually

Tides will turn – sounds like a solid ballad, still not keen

Wrong can feel so right – I like this one, good one!

One Million enemies – not my cup of tea at all, bad verses

Try my body on – sounds like a fun track, but nothing overly exciting

Natural high – one of the best tracks imo, love the vibe

Things money can't buy – is this an instrumental? With the exception of 'Eruption' I only like instrumentals in Jazz, so no further comment needed :P

I still might be getting this one if I spot it for a reasonable price.

Which ones did you like?

I'm completely with you on the Crazy Lixx subject! It took a couple of spins to really like that one, but now I love it almost as much as its predecessors.

Maybe my judgement concering Wig Wam is a bit harsh I admit, there might be a couple more good tracks.

Bigger the better – yeah it's okay, but somehow I'm pretty tired of these 'We will rock you'-styled songs

Things money can't buy – is this an instrumental? With the exception of 'Eruption' I only like instrumentals in Jazz, so no further comment needed :P

Which ones did you like?

I'll help you feel better about your 'harsh' comments. Wig Wam suck. The last album was shit and this one sounds worse (how they achieved this I'm not sure).

Which ones did you like?

I'll help you feel better about your 'harsh' comments. Wig Wam suck. The last album was shit and this one sounds worse (how they achieved this I'm not sure).

A shame really cos when I saw them at Firefest (following Wig Wamania) they were excellent live and had a host of killer songs.

What happened ??!

Which ones did you like?

A shame really cos when I saw them at Firefest (following Wig Wamania) they were excellent live and had a host of killer songs.

What happened ??!

Well (and this may be controversial), I think it's because they always sucked. Sure they disguised this with a rather tasty debut album and a few half-decent songs on the follow-up. Obviously I don't like glam music much so I'm very biased, but they started like a Scandi AOR band and are ending up sounding like an embarassing middle-aged drag act.