Wow.... slammed back to back to back to back.....

• My Little Pony

Wig Wam sounded shit from the samples, but I will try my best to hear it before dismissing them totally as their previous stuff has been great.

I know, right? Their songwriting seems to have gone to shit. I'm very skeptical about this one, after hearing those samples.

Unfortunately I have to agree...what the hell are they doing? From all the samples only the title track sounded fine, some other tracks were horrendous.

Are you sure we're listening to the same samples? :unsure: Granted, I haven't listened to all of them, but the half-dozen I clicked on sounded pretty darn good to these ears. Not up to the incredibly high standard of "Wigwamania," but good nonetheless. Maybe I got lucky and just listened to all the good songs...

Then again, I think the same thing about the new Crazy Lixx...everyone saying it's a duff album but it sounds good to me, though, again, not as good as their earlier output. To each their own, I guess, but as far as I'm concerned, if I don't get assigned the Wig Wam to review, then I'm buying it the second it becomes available.

I'm completely with you on the Crazy Lixx subject! It took a couple of spins to really like that one, but now I love it almost as much as its predecessors.

Maybe my judgement concering Wig Wam is a bit harsh I admit, there might be a couple more good tracks.

Here's a short rundown on the samples:

Wall Street – classic Wig Wam anthem

OMG – Like the chorus, but think the verse is pretty lame

Victory is sweet – boring to my ears

Bigger the better – yeah it's okay, but somehow I'm pretty tired of these 'We will rock you'-styled songs

Bleeding Daylight – this one sounds good actually

Tides will turn – sounds like a solid ballad, still not keen

Wrong can feel so right – I like this one, good one!

One Million enemies – not my cup of tea at all, bad verses

Try my body on – sounds like a fun track, but nothing overly exciting

Natural high – one of the best tracks imo, love the vibe

Things money can't buy – is this an instrumental? With the exception of 'Eruption' I only like instrumentals in Jazz, so no further comment needed :P

I still might be getting this one if I spot it for a reasonable price.

Which ones did you like?

I'll help you feel better about your 'harsh' comments. Wig Wam suck. The last album was shit and this one sounds worse (how they achieved this I'm not sure).

A shame really cos when I saw them at Firefest (following Wig Wamania) they were excellent live and had a host of killer songs.

What happened ??!

Do they write their own songs? If so, have they always? The song writing from the first three albums compared to this one seem night and day.

Wig Wam sounded shit from the samples, but I will try my best to hear it before dismissing them totally as their previous stuff has been great.

I know, right? Their songwriting seems to have gone to shit. I'm very skeptical about this one, after hearing those samples.

Unfortunately I have to agree...what the hell are they doing? From all the samples only the title track sounded fine, some other tracks were horrendous.

Are you sure we're listening to the same samples? :unsure: Granted, I haven't listened to all of them, but the half-dozen I clicked on sounded pretty darn good to these ears. Not up to the incredibly high standard of "Wigwamania," but good nonetheless. Maybe I got lucky and just listened to all the good songs...

Then again, I think the same thing about the new Crazy Lixx...everyone saying it's a duff album but it sounds good to me, though, again, not as good as their earlier output. To each their own, I guess, but as far as I'm concerned, if I don't get assigned the Wig Wam to review, then I'm buying it the second it becomes available.

I'm completely with you on the Crazy Lixx subject! It took a couple of spins to really like that one, but now I love it almost as much as its predecessors.

Maybe my judgement concering Wig Wam is a bit harsh I admit, there might be a couple more good tracks.

Here's a short rundown on the samples:

Wall Street – classic Wig Wam anthem

OMG – Like the chorus, but think the verse is pretty lame

Victory is sweet – boring to my ears

Bigger the better – yeah it's okay, but somehow I'm pretty tired of these 'We will rock you'-styled songs

Bleeding Daylight – this one sounds good actually

Tides will turn – sounds like a solid ballad, still not keen

Wrong can feel so right – I like this one, good one!

One Million enemies – not my cup of tea at all, bad verses

Try my body on – sounds like a fun track, but nothing overly exciting

Natural high – one of the best tracks imo, love the vibe

Things money can't buy – is this an instrumental? With the exception of 'Eruption' I only like instrumentals in Jazz, so no further comment needed :P

I still might be getting this one if I spot it for a reasonable price.

Which ones did you like?

That doesn't sound too bad at all. :lol: From what you said above I thought you hated it, but it sounds like you like most the songs! :lol:

Wig Wam in a nutshell:

Cool debut with as many fillers as killer, TERRIBLE drum sound, but the killer tracks are amazing.

Second album is sheer brilliance - one of the best albums of the 00's.

Third album was wicked disappointing with a lot of weak songs, but still about 4-5 classic Wig Wam monsters.

I love the band because the best songs have always made it worthwhile. I hope the new one's at least as good as the debut and better than the last one. We all know it'll never get near 'Wigwamania.'

That doesn't sound too bad at all. :lol: From what you said above I thought you hated it, but it sounds like you like most the songs! :lol:

Wig Wam in a nutshell:

Cool debut with as many fillers as killer, TERRIBLE drum sound, but the killer tracks are amazing.

Second album is sheer brilliance - one of the best albums of the 00's.

Third album was wicked disappointing with a lot of weak songs, but still about 4-5 classic Wig Wam monsters.

I love the band because the best songs have always made it worthwhile. I hope the new one's at least as good as the debut and better than the last one. We all know it'll never get near 'Wigwamania.'

I never hate albums and it goes beyond me how anyone can do so...if you don't like it, don't listen to it :lol: And this could be the case with this one for me!

I still prefer the debut over Wig Wamania, but I agree with everything else you said!