DE LA CRUZ

melodicrockoz

Listening to samples from this one and at first it sounds like really good Leppard-y 80s Hard Rock, with nice guitar and vocals. However, my one criticism is that some of the choruses are far too repetitive. For example, 'Gimme Love' is a great song until the chorus. The chorus of the title track is also really disappointing - in both cases (and others) it's just the same line repeated over and over again with no real ideas. I also found 'Girls Go Wild' pretty dull.

I am loving 'Worlds Collide' and 'Legions of Love' though, so I think this will be one where I'll download a few songs.

Yes, that is the one thing for me to. Repeating the same one line in the chorus, but still liking the album.

As I heard this the first time I knew that the repeated chorus lines on a few of the earlier tracks wouldn't be to everyone's taste. I liked it as it's kind of a real 80's hard rock trait for certain bands, but I prefer the 2nd half of the disc with more imaginative choruses. I've only heard it a few times to far and whilst I like it I can see that I won't adore it as much as certain others. But it's a damn good disc.

Agree Geoff.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Aussie readers,I heard there no one in Australia distribute the FRONTIERS label, they were done by RIOT. But RIOT has drop them.

I agree about the repetitive choruses. A little annoying.

It's so frustrating when everything about a song is great except the chorus. (It's how I feel about 90% of Power Metal.) In this case, it sounds like they wrote some cool verses, great guitar solos, then ran out of ideas. Real shame as it could have been so much better, but I'll still get this one as there's enough to recommend it.

It's so frustrating when everything about a song is great except the chorus. (It's how I feel about 90% of Power Metal.) In this case, it sounds like they wrote some cool verses, great guitar solos, then ran out of ideas. Real shame as it could have been so much better, but I'll still get this one as there's enough to recommend it.

Did u get my email?

Did u get my email?

:tumbsup:

It will help with my decision whether to use this month's spare cash on De La Cruz, Pretty Maids or (the current favourite) Omnium Gatherum!

Did u get my email?

It will help with my decision whether to use this month's spare cash on De La Cruz, Pretty Maids or (the current favourite) Omnium Gatherum!

Get the Pretty Maids!!

Did u get my email?

Get the Pretty Maids!!

:lol:

It does sound pretty good; even the ballads seem okay. But De La Cruz sounds awesome as well. There's always next month...

Wow...I am absolutley LOVING this cd EXCEPT for them repeating the same thing in the chorus over and over

and over

and over

and over

and over.

I'm trying not to focus on it but it's so obvious it's just killing each song. Very unfortunate. :(

Wow...I am absolutley LOVING this cd EXCEPT for them repeating the same thing in the chorus over and over

and over

and over

and over

and over.

I'm trying not to focus on it but it's so obvious it's just killing each song. Very unfortunate. :(

Lot of people saying this ... maybe they could re-write the choruses and re-release the album. :D

Everything else about it is spot on.

Repeating chorus...similar to Dirty Looks? ;) Guess I'll have to wait and see. I asked Importcd's what the holdup was and they said one cd from my order is on backorder and they won't ship until that cd arrives...or they can cancel that cd off the order and then ship. Ack.

Repeating chorus...similar to Dirty Looks? ;)

Dude...what? What??? You dare blaspheme Dirty Looks? You're sleeping by the piss bucket in June! :axe:

Repeating chorus...similar to Dirty Looks? ;)

Dude...what? What??? You dare blaspheme Dirty Looks? You're sleeping by the piss bucket in June! :axe:

Haha, I love Dirty Looks, one of my favorites. But yes I threw that little dagger out there for you knowing how much you like them AND they do tend to have a lot of songs with a repeated phrase 3 times for the chorus. Sorry Evil, I had to do it....ya don't call me Parasite Jeff for nothing. :)

wonder if radical records are stocking this title.

Mark knows this title, but will be an order only.

Haven't seen you, Andre, in shop for alooooooooooooong time.

I got recommended this one by Amazon a few weeks ago and ignored it as had never heard of them.

Saw this topic last week and downloaded the EP and ordered the album before actually listening to the EP.

Listened to the EP a few days ago and thought it was ok, but didnt blow me away so need to give it another play soon as still waiting for the album as I took the cheaper option and ordered it from a USA seller.

Hope its more immediate than the EP.

Im probably one of the few that prefers the album to the EP.

Love this album even if some of the choruses are repetitive. Awesome sounding 80s hard rock to me.

Im probably one of the few that prefers the album to the EP.

Love this album even if some of the choruses are repetitive. Awesome sounding 80s hard rock to me.

I'm with you!

Ok, Its a good album but maybe I got sucked into the hype on here, but I have found it less than expected.

I dont have the same complaint as most with the repeated choruses, as so many bands back in the day were guilty of that, I just didnt find it to have the hooks I was expecting.

Its got some fantastic playing on it, just no songs that stand up, slap me in the face and shout "You will be singing me all day".

Ok, Its a good album but maybe I got sucked into the hype on here, but I have found it less than expected.

I dont have the same complaint as most with the repeated choruses, as so many bands back in the day were guilty of that, I just didnt find it to have the hooks I was expecting.

Its got some fantastic playing on it, just no songs that stand up, slap me in the face and shout "You will be singing me all day".

Ditto..Exactly my earlier thoughts.

My earlier thought is that this is definitely pale compared to EP, but after 3-4 more spins, I began to appreciate this album more but can't get it out of my head that this is purely Leppard-meets-Crue kinda stuff and yeah some chorus aren't great as I expected, because I knew the EP sounds really awesome. I believe the first 3 tracks that pop up the other days are sadly among the weakest here, I'm talkin bout 'Street Level', 'Cherry Bomb' and 'Worlds Collide', probably around 7 - 7.5, but there are several gems that I think make this album worth to buy which is 'Turn It Up' - amazing riffs there, 'Dreaming' - another super stuff, 'SEX' which is the best track IMHO, and the simple acoustical ballad of 'Shine'.

I think production and musicianship are strong, another plus point of this album, and replay value is quite high for me. At first I probably gave this one around 78% but after more spins, it sure grows and I think it deserve this point. Oh, 'Girls Go Wild' kinda has the 'Shout at the devil' intro style, it's a great track though, and I also dig 'Set The Night' too. Overall, an enjoyable album I guess!

84%

• 3 weeks later...

I FINALLY got my copy last week and been spinnin' it a lot.

I admit, I don't feel it is as good as the EP.

BUT, the more you spin this the better it gets. They have those choruses that repeat but I would not have noticed if not mentioned here. And they do not bother me at all because what De La Cruz does, they do it very well. I imagine their live show must kick some major ass. I can see a crowd just fist pumping and singing along.

There is some great guitar work, even the ballads are well done.

My fav tune is Invincible.

Overall, very good stuff!