DE LA CRUZ

melodicrockoz

You guys R in for a treat can't stress this enough this album is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! And yeah off the EP i think Good As It Gets, Lust Fame Money, Fire Inside and De La Cruz are uber classics. The other two tracks are good - ok but those 4 I mentioned are INSANELY good! Taking into account that it's self produced, even more so

genuine question, cos i dont know............

who are u by the way - linked to the band or just fan??

Yeah I'm not linked to the band at all just a fan, that was just the first name that came to mind when signing up here. I'll admit not the best choice, especially when posting in a thread about De La Cruz :D

But yeah no connections to the band don't even live on the same continent haha

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

You guys R in for a treat can't stress this enough this album is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! And yeah off the EP i think Good As It Gets, Lust Fame Money, Fire Inside and De La Cruz are uber classics. The other two tracks are good - ok but those 4 I mentioned are INSANELY good! Taking into account that it's self produced, even more so

genuine question, cos i dont know............

who are u by the way - linked to the band or just fan??

Yeah I'm not linked to the band at all just a fan, that was just the first name that came to mind when signing up here. I'll admit not the best choice, especially when posting in a thread about De La Cruz :D

But yeah no connections to the band don't even live on the same continent haha

Perhaps you might consider giving a formal "hello" in the introduction section. Unless you already have.

Hmm..Not feeling the love that everyone else seems to have for this . It's solid, competently done (excellent production too), but it's certainly not getting my pulse racing at all. I'll persevere, but i'm struggling.

Hmm..Not feeling the love that everyone else seems to have for this . It's solid, competently done (excellent production too), but it's certainly not getting my pulse racing at all. I'll persevere, but i'm struggling.

Odd that your the only one who likes a completely average Lovex song and yet is struggling with blistering 80's mhr like this?!

Strange boy ;-)

Odd that your the only one who likes a completely average Lovex song and yet is struggling with blistering 80's mhr like this?!

Strange boy ;-)

'Blistering' this certainly isn't i'm afraid mate.

Strange boy ;-)

I think that might be a lonely opinion there mate ;-)

I'll be interested to see what Jeff etc have to say.

Strange boy ;-)

I think that might be a lonely opinion there mate ;-)

I'll be interested to see what Jeff etc have to say.

...Then a lonely, but honest opinion it shall remain. Fortunately 'Bah' is not in my vocabulary :whistle:

Loves Lovex and the new FM discs but doesn't like this. WTF????

:wtf:

'Likes' the new Lovex song. Thinks the new FM discs have some good songs on them. Thinks the new De La Cruz disc is overrated. Check..everything seems in order..

• My Little Pony

'Likes' the new Lovex song. Thinks the new FM discs have some good songs on them. Thinks the new De La Cruz disc is overrated. Check..everything seems in order..

I feel your pain, Jezzer. I haven't heard this yet, or the FM discs, but I often have my words misinterpreted.

My De La Cruz disc hasn't shipped yet. :(

Very much looking forward to it and with all the samples I have heard and having that EP as reference I just know I am gonna love Street Level!

It is funny though how we can love so much of the same music yet differ in opinion on some bands/albums that you would think would be awesome for everyone. For example I just didn't find much I liked on the latest Slash disc. I think Wes loved the whole darn thing. That Lipstixx N Bulletz release from 2009 is probably near my favorite release ever with Appetite being right there too, but never was a lot of praise to that level on here.

My De La Cruz disc hasn't shipped yet. :(

Very much looking forward to it and with all the samples I have heard and having that EP as reference I just know I am gonna love Street Level!

It is funny though how we can love so much of the same music yet differ in opinion on some bands/albums that you would think would be awesome for everyone. For example I just didn't find much I liked on the latest Slash disc. I think Wes loved the whole darn thing. That Lipstixx N Bulletz release from 2009 is probably near my favorite release ever with Appetite being right there too, but never was a lot of praise tos that level on here.

Yep I'm a huge fan of the Slash album. Great songs, playing and vocals. The Lippstix and Bulletz is real good too.

I feel your pain, Jezzer. I haven't heard this yet, or the FM discs, but I often have my words misinterpreted.

Not misinterpreted at all.

It's just that a lot of people value Jez's opinion ( as do I) but I think he's off the mark here, as this is a great disc and I want other people to give it a go and not be put off.

That's all

It seems to be getting a bit difficult of late to voice an opinion that doesn't fit into the 'Norm' around these parts!! e.g If you don't like such and such a disc, you must be mad, deaf, a freaking lunatic, etc etc. .I'm not trying to put people off this at all, and my lonely thoughts aren't exactly gonna stop anyone from giving it a go either.. One persons opinion is just that less we forget. For the record, I don't hate the De La Cruz album, it's just the same old story with quite a lot of discs on these (and other) pages, in that they get hyped up and when the actual disc arrives, it doesn't live up to MY personal expectations, and the De La Cruz is near the top of the pile of recent ones when it comes to this. If everyone else loves it fair play to them, but I unfortunately don't.

I don't think anyone on here 'hypes' a disc??! Why would they when they have nothing to gain?

They might express an interest or be excited about a release - is that not allowed anymore?

Jeez.

I don't think anyone on here 'hypes' a disc??! Why would they when they have nothing to gain?

They might express an interest or be excited about a release - is that not allowed anymore?

Jeez.

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting excited about a release at all, I do the same myself, but all the bluster (aka 'Hype') around certain bands and proclamations of best of the year blah blah before it's even been released...I think you know what i'm talking about here ...Nothing personal btw. ;)

Jeez.

Absolutely nothing wrong with getting excited about a release at all, I do the same myself, but all the bluster (aka 'Hype') around certain bands and proclamations of best of the year blah blah before it's even been released...I think you know what i'm talking about here ...Nothing personal btw. ;)

The only album I would ever say that about is Steel Panther. Spoken for truth lol ;-)

It seems to be getting a bit difficult of late to voice an opinion that doesn't fit into the 'Norm' around these parts!! e.g If you don't like such and such a disc, you must be mad, deaf, a freaking lunatic, etc etc. .I'm not trying to put people off this at all, and my lonely thoughts aren't exactly gonna stop anyone from giving it a go either.. One persons opinion is just that less we forget. For the record, I don't hate the De La Cruz album, it's just the same old story with quite a lot of discs on these (and other) pages, in that they get hyped up and when the actual disc arrives, it doesn't live up to MY personal expectations, and the De La Cruz is near the top of the pile of recent ones when it comes to this. If everyone else loves it fair play to them, but I unfortunately don't.

I totally understand, there is stuff on here that people talk highly of that I end up not caring for. So to each their own Jez

:agree: Not necessarily with the De La Cruz album because I haven't heard it yet, but just people differing with the popular opinion on pretty much anything in general here on the boards.

Listening to samples from this one and at first it sounds like really good Leppard-y 80s Hard Rock, with nice guitar and vocals. However, my one criticism is that some of the choruses are far too repetitive. For example, 'Gimme Love' is a great song until the chorus. The chorus of the title track is also really disappointing - in both cases (and others) it's just the same line repeated over and over again with no real ideas. I also found 'Girls Go Wild' pretty dull.

I am loving 'Worlds Collide' and 'Legions of Love' though, so I think this will be one where I'll download a few songs.

Listening to samples from this one and at first it sounds like really good Leppard-y 80s Hard Rock, with nice guitar and vocals. However, my one criticism is that some of the choruses are far too repetitive. For example, 'Gimme Love' is a great song until the chorus. The chorus of the title track is also really disappointing - in both cases (and others) it's just the same line repeated over and over again with no real ideas. I also found 'Girls Go Wild' pretty dull.

I am loving 'Worlds Collide' and 'Legions of Love' though, so I think this will be one where I'll download a few songs.

Yes, that is the one thing for me to. Repeating the same one line in the chorus, but still liking the album.

Yes, that is the one thing for me to. Repeating the same one line in the chorus, but still liking the album.

James - samples do not do this justice - the second half of the title song is insane musicianship and the guitar solo in Gimme Love is very cool (although it is the weakest song imo).

Just saying.

James - samples do not do this justice - the second half of the title song is insane musicianship and the guitar solo in Gimme Love is very cool (although it is the weakest song imo).

Just saying.

Hmm ... so very tempting and I probably will ending buying the CD. The really repetitive choruses may well end up letting the album down, but hopefully you're right and the lure of the guitar solos is pretty strong...

As I heard this the first time I knew that the repeated chorus lines on a few of the earlier tracks wouldn't be to everyone's taste. I liked it as it's kind of a real 80's hard rock trait for certain bands, but I prefer the 2nd half of the disc with more imaginative choruses. I've only heard it a few times to far and whilst I like it I can see that I won't adore it as much as certain others. But it's a damn good disc.