DE LA CRUZ

melodicrockoz

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will wait on opinions, but this is freakin great.

Dreaming is the best song of 2013 (so far) and the rest aint too far behind.

What about that solo in ''Dreaming'' Glen, pretty brutal don't you think?

Yep excellent

Yep, some pretty fantastic stuff on this one. Instant picks for me were 'Legions Of Love,' 'Dreaming,' 'Invincible,' and 'Worlds Collide.' Sounded real good to me. Great production job too. A really great 80's hard rock sound on those early tunes too.

I ordered this one tonight from ImportCDs.com

It is on sale $10.50, still listed as pre-order still but I figure they will have it soon enough.

International shipping is $6.99 for the first CD but if you make a larger order it is only $2 more per item, maybe it would work out for some of you folks not in the USA? So if you found 5 cd's for $10.50, it is $15 to ship them international so that's $13.50 per cd average. Not all cd's are $10.50 but some are discounted at times real good and some are just a bit more, like the new PC69 is $11.99, Shakra is like $10.35, Youngblood $8.99, The Poodles Performancy $6.99.

Do I really need this? Do I? Really? Is it that good?

Apparently:

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/d_2/de-la-cruz-street.htm

Almost perfect ... !

http://www.dangerdog.com/2013-music-reviews/de-la-cruz-street-level.php

'Only' 4/5.

Couple of other 80% reviews out there too...

Apparently:

http://www.metal-tem...cruz-street.htm

Almost perfect ... !

http://www.dangerdog...treet-level.php

'Only' 4/5.

Can't answer that for you BUT did you download their EP from their website? That would help decide if you like their style. And a lot of samples from Street Level posted a few pages back in this thread. I think the EP was awesome and the samples for SL sound to be the same.

I'd give it a chance, a lot of the reviewers out there don't seem to 'get it'. Everyone's very quick to compare them to other bands (like def leppard is mentioned everytime and some go as far as calling them 1:1 clones of lep which is just ridiculous). I mean even their own record label promotes the album as 'a must for all steel panther fans'. Take the review from metal temple. Yes he gave the album a good score, but he also said 'turn it up' reminded him of Guns n' Roses. Just listen to the song and see for yourself, I mean when did gnr ever have break downs in songs where the whole band was chanting WHOA-OH and YEAH? What I'm saying is if you like the voice and don't mind one-line choruses (that's what seems to bother most people who don't like it) just give it a try.

Well imo this absolutely destroys the EP, but others might not agree.

Nothing like GnR whatsoever (excepts maybe sometimes the vocals are similar to AR).

Pure unaldulterated 80s MHR, and brilliant to boot. I love it.

Oh and James - you are a solo man? Well these solos smoke...............

Some guys here are still a bit sceptical, I guarantee you if you take only a fraction of the time you used for listening to and getting youself to like the new crashdiet record and invest it in this band you won't be disappointed. Just listen with an open set of ears and most importantly an open mind

Some guys here are still a bit sceptical, I guarantee you if you take only a fraction of the time you used for listening to and getting youself to like the new crashdiet record and invest it in this band you won't be disappointed. Just listen with an open set of ears and most importantly an open mind

why an open mind? this is the sort of stuff that most folk on this board have been craving for the last 20 years lol.

OK, maybe I exaggerate a tad, but i cant believe that most wont love the sound these guys are creating.

Now for a nice sneaky live date at London Underworld ;-))

[i wish lol]

Apparently:

http://www.metal-tem...cruz-street.htm

Almost perfect ... !

http://www.dangerdog...treet-level.php

'Only' 4/5.

Can't answer that for you BUT did you download their EP from their website? That would help decide if you like their style. And a lot of samples from Street Level posted a few pages back in this thread. I think the EP was awesome and the samples for SL sound to be the same.

Yeah, I got the EP. It was pretty good; I really like 'Lust Fame Money' and 'Runaway', but can take or leave the rest.

Well imo this absolutely destroys the EP, but others might not agree.

Nothing like GnR whatsoever (excepts maybe sometimes the vocals are similar to AR).

Pure unaldulterated 80s MHR, and brilliant to boot. I love it.

Oh and James - you are a solo man? Well these solos smoke...............

Solos. Ahh yes, I am indeed. It's on the list.

Yeah JB had some problems they didn't get the album on time. Once they do they'll only be stocking 1 copy per store cause they don't think it's going to sell

That just sucks, I remember ordering The Magnificent cd and took JB a year to get it in.

Yeah, I got the EP. It was pretty good; I really like 'Lust Fame Money' and 'Runaway', but can take or leave the rest.

Loved all the EP, my favorites off the EP are the namesake tune De La Cruz and the hauntingly brilliant Fire Inside.

ImportCDs shipped most my order this morning but of course not De La Cruz, go figure. Good to see Glen's thoughts on it as I generally have similar opinions, not always, but mostly. Then again, I checked out the samples, the EP of course, so I know what I am getting....can't wait!

You guys R in for a treat can't stress this enough this album is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! And yeah off the EP i think Good As It Gets, Lust Fame Money, Fire Inside and De La Cruz are uber classics. The other two tracks are good - ok but those 4 I mentioned are INSANELY good! Taking into account that it's self produced, even more so

You guys R in for a treat can't stress this enough this album is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! And yeah off the EP i think Good As It Gets, Lust Fame Money, Fire Inside and De La Cruz are uber classics. The other two tracks are good - ok but those 4 I mentioned are INSANELY good! Taking into account that it's self produced, even more so

Yeah, but you would say that. ;)

But seriously, I'm looking forward to hearing this one.

genuine question, cos i dont know............

who are u by the way - linked to the band or just fan??