Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame 2012 nominees

LV KIX

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Of course anyone who is a member here at Heavy harmonies knows that the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame is a complete joke... But here are the 15 nominees for 2012.

Try and vote for the artist that is the most deserving... not the one that is the most popular or you like the most.

Do I even need to say who I voted for? And just to expand:

Beastie Boys - didn't they only ever release that one song about fighting for your right to party? ;) If there was anything else I don't know about it.

· The Cure - if the hall of fame awards the most awful and depressing bands in the world, here's your vote. But if it's meant to acknowledge good music, might have to skip these guys.

· Donovan - who?

· Eric B. & Rakim - double who?

· Guns 'N Roses - obviously my vote went here. Only a few albums, some fillers along the way but everyone in the world knows and loves at least a few GNR songs.

· Freddie King - who? Seriously, who are these people?

· Rufus with Chaka Khan - who? Are they making names up now?

· Heart - I'd give them an award for 'Bad animals' and 'Brigade' alone. But not a fan of the rest of the stuff, to give it to GNR I say.

· The Spinners - who? These have got to be fictional band names by now?

· Red Hot Chili Peppers - if receiving this award means they'll be stabbed to death as they receive it, give it to them. For crimes against music and ears, there is no more suitable band.

· War - there is seriously a band with this name?

· Joan Jett and The Blackhearts - yuck. Sorry Dave, but I'm not a fan at all.

· The Small Faces/The Faces - who? Seriously, please help a brother out.

· Donna Summer - I actually know this person's name. As for what she ever sung or did... no idea in the world.

· Laura Nyro - okay, game's over. This must be a fictional name.

Seriously is it just me or do you guys not even know who at least half of those names are? How can these people be hall of famers if I've never even heard the name? And I'd bet no one else I know has either. Craziness.

GNR deserve it but the fact that Kiss, Deep Purple, Rush, Ted Nugent, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy and Dio aren't in says it's a joke to me.

I just wish someone with deep pockets would start a hard rock n heavy metal hall of fame.

GNR deserve it but the fact that Kiss, Deep Purple, Rush, Ted Nugent, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy and Dio aren't in says it's a joke to me.

I just wish someone with deep pockets would start a hard rock n heavy metal hall of fame.

:omg:

Really? After one good album?

None of these acts is remotely deserving of 'Hall of Fame' status. I voted for Beastie Boys, just because they have had quite an impact on music and have released a lot of well-received (albeit not by me) albums over a number of years. Whoever wins this, it will be a disgrace imo.

Of the given ones I voted for Heart. I think they were/are the most consistent of all of them.

Joan Jett gets my vote.

Can't wait for Eddie Trunk's inevitable, annual website/radio show rant about how the RNRHOF is a joke until they recognize KISS, Judas Priest, Rush, yadda yadda yadda. :D

That is exactly what we need! They put every kind of music in the "ROCK AND ROLL" Hall of lame, sorry ,I meant Fame. No I was right the first time!! lol

None of these acts is remotely deserving of 'Hall of Fame' status. I voted for Beastie Boys, just because they have had quite an impact on music and have released a lot of well-received (albeit not by me) albums over a number of years. Whoever wins this, it will be a disgrace imo.

you know I was thinking about this just the other day, but Use Your Illusion I & II actually both contain some excellent music - combine the best songs into one 10-12 song album and you'd definitely have something to rival Appetite......having said that Wes is right in that 'most of those other bands deserves a mention.

Well Kiss, Iron Maiden & Dio at least ;-)

Of this year's nominees, I went with Heart. Easily one of the most influential if not the most influential female-fronted bands ever.

The fact that Rush is not in the HoF (are they somehow ineligible because they're Canadian?) makes the entire thing a joke. Sheer musicianship alone, regardless if you like their style or not, should have had them in years ago.

I went with Donna Summer because of all the great rock & roll she has released throughout the years...yeah, no.

Actually went with Heart. They have really put out some fantastic albums over several decades.

Of course my vote goes for Joan Jett.

My argument:

A number one song on Billboard Chart for 7 weeks.

Three Billboard Top 2o albums - ("I Love Rock 'N Roll", "Album",and "Up Your Alley")

Three Top 10 singles on the Billboard Charts.

Ten total singles on the Billboard Top 100 Chart.

35 years in the industry and still going strong.

Founder of one of, if not the first all girl rock band on a major label.

First female to own her own record label.

Owns all of her masters and owns the RIGHTS to every song she has recorded.

Has influenced a ton of past and current rock bands.

Has written songs with other artists that have also entered the Billboard top 20 charts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* Whether you like her stuff or not.. It is hard to say that she doesn't deserve to be in The Hall of Fame (though there are others who should be in already).

===============================================================================================================

Here is the current ranking in a national poll:

1.) Red Hot Chilli Peppers (25, 919)

2.) Guns 'N Roses (19,425)

3.) Heart (12,206)

4.) The Cure (9,741)

5.) Joan Jett (9,468)

6.) Beastie Boys (8,114)

7.) Donna Summers (4,588)

8.) War (3,822)

9.) The Spinners (3,774)

10.) Rufus with Chaka Khan (3,714)

11.) Donovan (3,575)

12.) The Small Faces/The Faces (3,331)

13.) Freddie King (2,620)

14.) Eric B. & Rakim (1,439)

15.) Laura Nyro (1,155)

* Of this whole list I would actually consider 3 of these worth in my book:

Joan Jett

Donovan

The Small Faces/The Faces

Heart

----

G-N-R I do not see as worthy. Way to short of a career... Not a large enough body of work in my opinion.

On reflection, I think Bernd, Dan and others are the voices of reason on this one. Personally I don't like Heart, but they deserve the award more than any of the others in the list. I probably like one Beastie Boys song and one Heart song ever (in both cases the band's biggest hit) so although I couldn't bring myself to vote for Heart at the time, perhaps I should have done.

you know I was thinking about this just the other day, but Use Your Illusion I & II actually both contain some excellent music - combine the best songs into one 10-12 song album and you'd definitely have something to rival Appetite......having said that Wes is right in that 'most of those other bands deserves a mention.

Well Kiss, Iron Maiden & Dio at least ;-)

No love for Rush and Deep Purple and Priest?

They are all sooo influential plus they all sold well and are great live bands.

Use Your Illusions are both great and out of those two there are really only maybe a few songs I don't care for plus they sold like 7 or 8 million a piece. Based on the sales of their catalog alone plus their influence on the industry earns their induction eventually.

I didn't mention it before but Heart does deserve it as well and so does Joan Jett probably but don't know if both would get in or not. Heart sold a ton of records and are great musicians and singers.

My vote went with War.

GnR is , was and never will be worthy of RnR hall of fame. Appetite is a cool record, bt there are plenty of cool records/artists out there.

Rufus and CK would be my second choice, yes I dig the oldies and those acts obviously had a huge influence on acts that followed them.

Do agree with Dave though and hope that Joan Jett gets the deserved credit.

And as for the Chili Peppers, don't get me started and absolutely horrible band and their contribution to music as a whole is everytime I hear them I want to blow my own head off! Seriously THE WORST BAND EVER!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

And as for the Chili Peppers, don't get me started and absolutely horrible band and their contribution to music as a whole is everytime I hear them I want to blow my own head off! Seriously THE WORST BAND EVER!!!!

Backed, save for the bass player, horrible music and horrible band,

My vote went with Joan Jett.. I ALMOST picked Guns and Roses, but then I realized something.. They ain't around anymore.. Not the REAL Guns and Roses anyways.. It's just Axl and a backup band now..... And I KNOW IF they did get inducted?? there would be a fight backstage before They would even get ON stage to accept the award... :whistle:

Backed, save for the bass player, horrible music and horrible band,

Backed x 2. I think there are worse bands, but they are certainly one of the worst and that Zephyr Song (or whatever it's called) is one of the worst pieces of 'music' I've ever heard. It really makes me want to put a sledgehammer through the speakers.

Of this year's nominees, I went with Heart. Easily one of the most influential if not the most influential female-fronted bands ever.

The fact that Rush is not in the HoF (are they somehow ineligible because they're Canadian?) makes the entire thing a joke. Sheer musicianship alone, regardless if you like their style or not, should have had them in years ago.

Spot on :tumbsup: