Whitesnake Forevermore

chocularok

I've only heard 5 tracks so far, but they were all excellent. Will be getting the full album in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to hearing it in all it's glory. :headbanger:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

Arent we all forgetting the real classic Whitesnake albums featuring their true style.

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Yeah, I mean '1987' is a pretty cool hard rock album, but the 2 best songs 'Crying In The Rain' and 'Here I Go Again' were just re-records from the classic Saints n Sinners album.....and lets face it the earlier version of 'Here I Go Again' is far superior.

I think that's why I loved their last album so much cos it was harking back to their classic sound with real depth and style....not just some hashed up commercial hard rock.

Cheers

Just can't resist an opportunity to make Glen hate me even more...

Seriously though, it's just a taste thing - I know the Whitesnake 'purists' prefer the bluesier stuff, but that's not my bag at all. I much prefer the 1987 style, for me that version of 'Crying In The Rain' is infinitely better than the Saints and Sinners version. I quite like Trouble and S&S, but 1987 is easily my favourite Whitesnake album, followed by Slide It In.

And BTW, I think there are at least 3 songs on 1987 that are better than 'Here I Go Again'.

As for the new stuff, 'Love Will Set You Free' is good, but sounds like 1987 leftovers to me. I don't like 'All Out Of Luck' at all. 'Steal Your Heart Away' is quite fun, but very basic and I imagine would get boring quite quickly. 'One Of These Days' is really not for me - Dave sounds great but the song is incredibly tedious. 'Dogs In The Street' sounds good, probably my favourite so far. Is it 'Bad Boys' part 2? Haven't listened to any others yet.

Stupid thing is that Frontiers have had some of the tracks removed from Youtube. Yeah, they've been uploaded illegally, but don't they realise that if people can listen to the music, they might want to buy it? I certainly don't buy anything I haven't heard these days and wouldn't download illegally (other than deleted and impossible to find stuff). A 30 second clip on Amazon or iTunes isn't enough to decide whether a song is good or not.

Wow, this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

Arent we all forgetting the real classic Whitesnake albums featuring their true style.

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Yeah, I mean '1987' is a pretty cool hard rock album, but the 2 best songs 'Crying In The Rain' and 'Here I Go Again' were just re-records from the classic Saints n Sinners album.....and lets face it the earlier version of 'Here I Go Again' is far superior.

I think that's why I loved their last album so much cos it was harking back to their classic sound with real depth and style....not just some hashed up commercial hard rock.

Cheers

Just can't resist an opportunity to make Glen hate me even more...

Seriously though, it's just a taste thing - I know the Whitesnake 'purists' prefer the bluesier stuff, but that's not my bag at all. I much prefer the 1987 style, for me that version of 'Crying In The Rain' is infinitely better than the Saints and Sinners version. I quite like Trouble and S&S, but 1987 is easily my favourite Whitesnake album, followed by Slide It In.

And BTW, I think there are at least 3 songs on 1987 that are better than 'Here I Go Again'.

As for the new stuff, 'Love Will Set You Free' is good, but sounds like 1987 leftovers to me. I don't like 'All Out Of Luck' at all. 'Steal Your Heart Away' is quite fun, but very basic and I imagine would get boring quite quickly. 'One Of These Days' is really not for me - Dave sounds great but the song is incredibly tedious. 'Dogs In The Street' sounds good, probably my favourite so far. Is it 'Bad Boys' part 2? Haven't listened to any others yet.

Stupid thing is that Frontiers have had some of the tracks removed from Youtube. Yeah, they've been uploaded illegally, but don't they realise that if people can listen to the music, they might want to buy it? I certainly don't buy anything I haven't heard these days and wouldn't download illegally (other than deleted and impossible to find stuff). A 30 second clip on Amazon or iTunes isn't enough to decide whether a song is good or not.

Spotify.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't imagine Whitesnake putting out a "bad" album...I've enjoyed everything I've ever heard by them to varying degrees. '1987' came out when I was in 10th grade, so it's my favorite...my first exposure to them (never heard of them at all prior to that). 'GTBB' is a strong record, IMO. I saw the new one at Walmart for $10...worth a shot at that price.

This album is very good IMO. Not sure if it's as good as Good To Be Bad but so far I'm loving it and there's not a song that I dislike. I really love the ballad "Fare Thee Well" for some reason. David just sounds amazing on it.

"Tell Me How" is a great rocker that could of fit on Slide it In or 1987. "Love Will Set You Free" is probably the best tune and wouldn't of sounded to out of place on 1987. Overall there's a good mix of older style Snake and the more US sounding stuff. The title track reminds me of 'Sailing Ships' from Slip of the Tongue. There is a song or two that sound like Coverdale's solo albums. New drummer Brian Tichy sounds great on this and does add a lot. If you can get the DVD version it's worth it IMO.

I havent heard the album yet, but my 6yr old son and I were watching Metal Mania yesterday and they played a Classic/Current of back to back Whitesnake videos. The first was "Love Ain't No Stranger" and my son really liked it. Then "Love Will Set You Free" came on and as soon as Coverdale's face appears on the screen my son goes "Ugh! He's a scary looking guy!" He definitely has not aged well. :lol:

This album is very good IMO. Not sure if it's as good as Good To Be Bad but so far I'm loving it and there's not a song that I dislike. I really love the ballad "Fare Thee Well" for some reason. David just sounds amazing on it.

"Tell Me How" is a great rocker that could of fit on Slide it In or 1987. "Love Will Set You Free" is probably the best tune and wouldn't of sounded to out of place on 1987. Overall there's a good mix of older style Snake and the more US sounding stuff. The title track reminds me of 'Sailing Ships' from Slip of the Tongue. There is a song or two that sound like Coverdale's solo albums. New drummer Brian Tichy sounds great on this and does add a lot. If you can get the DVD version it's worth it IMO.

I love 'Fare Thee Well'. Great laid back ballad and one of the best songs on the album

I've only heard 5 tracks so far, but they were all excellent. Will be getting the full album in a couple of weeks and really looking forward to hearing it in all it's glory. :headbanger:

I agree. This is a good effort. Some of the songs might be a grower but the album overall is very good.

First impressions:

Not as good as Good To Be Bad. Some of the songs are very bland and seem to sound a lot like one another.

This is probably a grower though so I'll keep listening to it.

That's what I thought as well.

First impressions:

Not as good as Good To Be Bad. Some of the songs are very bland and seem to sound a lot like one another.

I must have listened to this about 15 times now and I love it.

First impressions:

Yep, definitely a grower just like GTBB. Love and Treat Me Right is my favourite song.

First impressions:

same here. I have enjoyed this album quite a bit.

I agree! A very good follow up to the also awesome Good To Be Bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this a few times over in the tropics and I have to say it's not done much for me at all, again. Not sure if it's better than 'Good to be bad' yet... but probably on par. Both are okay, but neither is really that great unfortunately. That 'Dogs in the street' tune is by far the pick on this one, imo. I think the title track was probably my second favourite.

I heard this a few times over in the tropics and I have to say it's not done much for me at all, again. Not sure if it's better than 'Good to be bad' yet... but probably on par. Both are okay, but neither is really that great unfortunately. That 'Dogs in the street' tune is by far the pick on this one, imo. I think the title track was probably my second favourite.

No surprise since you don't like the bluesy old Snake or Coverdale/Page much.

• 2 weeks later...