Whitesnake Forevermore

chocularok

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm yeah I don't know I reckon the old Mr. Coverdale has struggled to write a good chorus in 20 years, Don't get me wrong there is promise here definitely!

Nice riffage, but yeah, it must be said that the chorus is weak as piss.

Stiil, even if I wasn't overly impressed with the last CD I will look forward to this.

For me their last album was classic Whitesnake and one of the best albums they have ever churned out.

Couldnt have been closer to their classic sound and the guitars were just insane.

If the new album comes anywhere close to that I will be a very happy camper :-))

For me their last album was classic Whitesnake and one of the best albums they have ever churned out.

Backed 1000%

Good to Be Bad was one of my top CDs from 2008, and I'm very much looking forward to the new one! :guitbannana:

Good to be bad was (is) a great cd, in my top 5 of that year. Can not wait to get the new one!

I will give it a spin when it hits but I am not high on anything they do anymore. Last great album was Slip of the Tongue for me.

And yet I thought Slip Of The Tongue was the worse album they've ever released, especially the murdering of one of my all time favorite Snake songs fool For Your Loving.

Looking forward to the new release.

I will give it a spin when it hits but I am not high on anything they do anymore. Last great album was Slip of the Tongue for me.

And yet I thought Slip Of The Tongue was the worse album they've ever released, especially the murdering of one of my all time favorite Snake songs fool For Your Loving.

Honestly, other than Slide It In, 1987 & Slip of the Tongue I wouldn't poo on any of the other releases. But that's just me...

Honestly, other than Slide It In, 1987 & Slip of the Tongue I wouldn't poo on any of the other releases. But that's just me...

Minus 'Slide it in' from that list and I pretty much agree. I thought both 'Good to be bad' and 'Slide it in' were okay and worthwhile, but the only two I truly enjoy all the way through are '1987' and 'Slip of the tongue.'

Minus 'Slide it in' from that list and I pretty much agree. I thought both 'Good to be bad' and 'Slide it in' were okay and worthwhile, but the only two I truly enjoy all the way through are '1987' and 'Slip of the tongue.'

And Slide is probably third on the list but if for no other reason it has Love Ain't No Stranger on it so I have to include it. It's basically a better version of anything they put out prior to Slide which I never got in to. It does have Sykes playing otherwise I'd probably have nothing to do with it. Loved Slip of the Tongue but I'm sure most would agree (and did by the record sales) that 1987 was top of the line, nearly perfect.

I loved Good to Be Bad so I'm looking forward to this new one and also looking forward to hearing what Aldrich came up again as he's one of my guitarists. Unlike some of the above posters I love everything this band does with both the more commercial hard rock of the late 80's or the more bluesy classic rock stuff of the late 70's and early 80's. With me being a fan of both eras I felt that Doug and David hit the nail on the head with Good To Bad and how they meshed both of those eras together IMHO.

Wow, this thread is taking a turn for the worst.

Arent we all forgetting the real classic Whitesnake albums featuring their true style.

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Yeah, I mean '1987' is a pretty cool hard rock album, but the 2 best songs 'Crying In The Rain' and 'Here I Go Again' were just re-records from the classic Saints n Sinners album.....and lets face it the earlier version of 'Here I Go Again' is far superior.

I think that's why I loved their last album so much cos it was harking back to their classic sound with real depth and style....not just some hashed up commercial hard rock.

Cheers

Backed. "Slip of the Tongue" is a monster disc and nothing since has interested me at all. The last album had some killer playing on it but just didn't have any memorable songs at all...

Arent we all forgetting the real classic Whitesnake albums featuring their true style.

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Yeah, I mean '1987' is a pretty cool hard rock album, but the 2 best songs 'Crying In The Rain' and 'Here I Go Again' were just re-records from the classic Saints n Sinners album.....and lets face it the earlier version of 'Here I Go Again' is far superior.

I think that's why I loved their last album so much cos it was harking back to their classic sound with real depth and style....not just some hashed up commercial hard rock.

Cheers

No, not a turn for the worse, just a discussion. I respect what you're saying, just disagree. Other than Slide I despise the other ones listed. I could be wrong but I'm not sure you will find many on here that think 70's Whitesnake is superior to the 80's version. And no disrespect intended at all but the 1987 album wasn't just pretty cool, it was phenominal and sold like crazy. You could do a poll and put any of the old albums up against 1987 and it will be flat out ugly. Just my opinion...

It's all good though. You crank the 70's stuff and I'll crank the 80's stuff and we'll both be happy! :headbanger:

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Cheers

Actually its a matter of personal choice, and quite frankly most of the early Whitesnake bores me to tears, just like most so called blues rock.

I think you'll also find, that more people like 1987 than any other Whitesnake album, as sales figures will attest to.

Coverdale was a known quantity when he formed Whitesnake, being that he was in Deep Purple, yet it wasnt til 1987 that Whitesnake became a household name even with those outside the rock community.

Whitesnake is like so many bands that have changed their sound.

Just like Def Leppard has its pre Hysteria and post Hysteria fans, Whitesnake tends to be split between traditional blues era fans, and hard rocking late 80s fans.

Give me either of the 1987 versions of Here I go again over the plodding original.

That said, while I dont mind the Vai version of Fool for your loving from Slip of the tongue, I do prefer the original in this instance.

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Cheers

Absolutly spot on mate.

Clip sounds promising and can't wait for Forevermore to be released.

I thought they nailed it with Good to be Bad (despite the lame title) in much the same way Ratt did with Infestation.

Count me amongst those who prefer the 80s version of the band although I prefer Slip to 87.

And I always thought Vandenberg never got his due. No, he's not Vai (few are) but I don't think he's outta place when stacked up against some of Coverdale's other players. Good songwriter as well.

• 2 weeks later...

ie

Ready n Willing

Come an Get it

Saints n Sinners

Slide It in.

Cheers

Absolutly spot on mate.

I'll back that one aswell. I love most of the '87 era and onwards like the next man and I really look forward to 'Forevermore' aswell, but it doesn't get too much better than whacking 'Come An' Get It out of the speakers at huge volume. :headbanger:

Looking at Amazon, there are four different versions of this CD.

The standard version has this track listing:

1. Steal Your Heart Away 5:19

2. All Out Of Luck 5:28

3. Love Will Set You Free 3:52

4. Easier Said Than Done 5:13

5. Tell Me How 4:40

6. I Need You (Shine A Light) 3:49

7. One Of These Days 4:53

8. Love And Treat Me Right 4:14

9. Dogs In The Street 3:52

10. Fare Thee Well 5:18

11. Whipping Boy Blues 5:01

12. My Evil Ways 4:33

13. Forevermore 7:27

The CD/DVD dual disc version adds:

14. Love Will Set You Free Alt Mix

15. My Evil Ways Alt Mix with Drum Solo

16. Forevermore Acoustic Version

The special edition version which seems to include a load of extras and costs £65 has the same track listing as the dual disc.

And then theres the Classic Rock version that comes out a month earlier than the other versions, has a different cover and adds two extra tracks.

13. Slide It In (live)

14. Cheap An Nasty (live)

While its nice to have the album a month earlier, is it really worth spending the extra fiver over the dual disc version seeing as you get a magazine instead of the DVD tracks, and less bonus tracks?

I had pre-ordered the classic rock version, but I am gonna change my order.

Honestly mate, even for 1 pound extra (au$2.50) I wouldn't bother with that dual version. The amount of albums I have like that where I have never even looked at the second disc... well, it's a hell of a lot. And I'd be amazed if I ever got around to that 2nd disc in this case.

I'd personally much rather just have the CD with the 13 new songs I want to hear on it. :)