Whitesnake Forevermore

chocularok

Yeah, but my point is, with so little difference between the price points (£9 and £10) it makes very little point in doing a basic version.

If it was anything between £3 to £5 then I could understand it.

All these various versions are getting ridiculous.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but my point is, with so little difference between the price points (£9 and £10) it makes very little point in doing a basic version.

If it was anything between £3 to £5 then I could understand it.

All these various versions are getting ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more, mate. In an age when they should be trying to make buying a physical CD as appealing as humanly possible, instead they continue to make it as annoying and frustrating as humanly possible, thus encouraging people to just download the album and save the hassle. There sure ain't a lot of common sense behind it all these days.

Lets also wait and see what exclusive downloadable bonus songs go onto iTunes or Amazon etc

I have said it before and will say it again. Its not illegal downloading thats killing the music industry, its the music industry thats killing itself and illegal downloading is just the after effect.

Lets also wait and see what exclusive downloadable bonus songs go onto iTunes or Amazon etc

I have said it before and will say it again. Its not illegal downloading thats killing the music industry, its the music industry thats killing itself and illegal downloading is just the after effect.

Well said. It's nice to have the physical item, especially if it's a nicely packaged special edition, but the cost (and availability) can be prohibitive. And of you miss one you have a choice - either pay a ridiculous amount to someone who went out and bought loads of copies soon after release or download illegally.

One thing that could individual bands is coming on sites like this and talking to the fans. I bet Farcry have sold a few extra CDs by being on here (including myself) and I will buy the Wallner Vain CD when it comes out as I like the music and the artist bothered to come on here to talk to us. Just a thought.

Honestly mate, even for 1 pound extra (au$2.50) I wouldn't bother with that dual version. The amount of albums I have like that where I have never even looked at the second disc... well, it's a hell of a lot. And I'd be amazed if I ever got around to that 2nd disc in this case.

I'd personally much rather just have the CD with the 13 new songs I want to hear on it. :)

I agree completely. I very very rarely even look at the bonus disc (or even a bonus DVD) on those things. I will be buying the standard version.

is it a sin to buy the basic version and just download the whole different version thing on the net ? :D

Sin or not, I have often bought the basic version of a CD and then downloaded the extra songs that get released afterwards on different versions of the album. Don't have the money or desire to buy different versions of a CD I already have. :)

• 3 weeks later...

In the mail today b*tches!

I didn't order the poster but looking at it, some sort of Japan First Press bonus, not sure what I will do with it, but cool. Maybe put it in my closet under the stairs where Mrs. Jeff lets me keep my music related stuff on the wall....battered but never beaten gentlemen!

Time to rip and crank it!

ws.jpg

Probably should have bought this from Amazon while I was on a roll...

Its not out til next month here, so it would have just delayed your order.

Well, there is the Classic Rock version that comes out on the 25th of this month, but thats £15 or something stupid.

Probably should have bought this from Amazon while I was on a roll...

Its not out til next month here, so it would have just delayed your order.

Well, there is the Classic Rock version that comes out on the 25th of this month, but thats £15 or something stupid.

Haha... delays could not worry me less... in fact, it'd give me more time to try and listen to the rest of this stuff! :lol:

I saw there was a standard £10 one after I ordered... which would have been around the au$13 mark after all things considered. Oh well, I'm sure I'll see it at a good price some time soon.

Anyone else think this sounds garbage?

Anyone else think this sounds garbage?

It doesn't do much for me. It doesn't have memorable songs at all IMO. The production isn't mindbreaking either, it's quite rubbish for a band as big as whitesnake.

That said. I have allways loved most of the albums especially Saint and sinners, Slide it in, 1987 and Slip of the tongue.

Bad to the bone was enjoyable but it had a few fillers in between the really good songs.

Ive listened to it about 3 times now, and can honestly say its a grower.

Yeah granted the production is probably a little rougher than GTBB, but there are some pretty decent songs along the way, esp in the middle part of the album. 'I Need You' is as commercial as theyve been for a long while, 'Love & Treat Me Right' is great with a killer solo, 'Dogs In The Street' is an excellent rocker.

There's one or two nice heartfelt ballads too.

Probably a tad too long....could easily have been cut back to 10 songs which would have made the whole thing run a bit better.

Overall a pretty good effort.

Cheers

I think I will be downloading 2 or 3 songs via Amazon rather than getting the whole album. Most people seem to like some songs and not others. For me, the softer songs sound really bland.

I think I will be downloading 2 or 3 songs via Amazon rather than getting the whole album. Most people seem to like some songs and not others. For me, the softer songs sound really bland.

They are a bit, but they really grow on you.

They are a bit, but they really grow on you.

Cheers for the tip, I'll give them a few plays then.

Although what I really ought to say for the sake of my finances and my marriage is that I hope every CD released in 2011 is utter drivel. ;)

Cheers

This is my thoughts exactly after spinning it a few times last night.

Cheers

This is my thoughts exactly after spinning it a few times last night.

Oh and also that DA is pretty awesome throughout!

I was pretty impressed with the CD to be honest. I thought Good To Be Bad was pretty decent, but this new one seems to encompass WS throughout their entire catalog. I hear influences from the early stuff right up to the new stuff and everything in between. I also think the production sounds just fine. Gone are the days of the multi-million dollar production expenses. You have to remember, this isn't the late 80's anymore, and this music style isn't necessarily the "in" thing.

I was pretty impressed with the CD to be honest. I thought Good To Be Bad was pretty decent, but this new one seems to encompass WS throughout their entire catalog. I hear influences from the early stuff right up to the new stuff and everything in between. I also think the production sounds just fine. Gone are the days of the multi-million dollar production expenses. You have to remember, this isn't the late 80's anymore, and this music style isn't necessarily the "in" thing.

backed!

based on what i've heard, this is a strong release. You can hear the 70s style, to the commercial 80s, and to the modern 2000 Whitesnake, i guess it's completely a grower, I found around 4 tracks that I like in an instant, but more of them will also be my faves later on :)