Cher

edwithmj

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose the tent encompassing my musical tastes is wider than that for many folks, as I listen to quite a bit of "soft" (jazz, classical, country, CCM) music in addition to hard rock. I've never really listened to much of Cher's material, not b/c I dislike her (loved her performance in the movie "Elephant Man" and my mom's her biggest fan) but b/c I've always been too busy listening to something else. That said, I've arranged to borrow all three CDs posted on the main page and will give them a listen. I generally really like projects involving Desmond Child, even if the final product is polished, slick and highly commercial.

Before finding this site, I probably NEVER would have discovered stuff like T'Bell, 101 South, West Of Sunset, Vision Fields, and 1927 (don't get me started on this band, once the praise starts flowing forth it's hard for me to stop), all on the softer side but right up my alley. Given that my hard rock origins are rooted firmly in the late '80s offerings from the likes of Motley Crue, Poison, Ozzy Osbourne and Whitesnake, I'd say that my hard rock tastes have evolved a bit over time and become much more inclusive as well.......Thus, I respect all opinions expressed, pro and con, and at the end of the day I'm all about discovering more cool music. Would I add Cher to the database if Dan said the final decision was mine alone? Maybe not, but some other folks here do advocate strongly for her inclusion, so I'll roll wid it and check out her AOR stuff.......Jeff.

I was afraid you might take the low road when I threw in a joke after quoting your Jaded Heart - Mystery Eyes comments. Your last thread ends here where you left off on this link, describing some kind of gay Karate Kid fantasy. Posted by Dave: The Metalian Stallion vs. Geoff 5/30/2008

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.ph...etalianStallion

What are you talking about here? What low road did I take?

Your the only person I have ever seen on a rock board with posts on how good looking you are amongst a sea of dudes? Do they have some kind of 12 step self esteem class here on the board?

Didn't you say in another post you had a sense of humour? I haven't detected a hint of it yet.

As far as Cher I will make a case as why I consider her 80's releases pop rock, not AOR/ melodic rock. First back in the 80's in the states Rock (AOR)stations in all major markets would not touch a Cher song with a ten foot pool. AC(Adult Contemporary) and Top 40 stations where the only ones playing new at the time Cher tunes. MTV even had a Mitch Malloy video 'Anything at All' (which is a stretch)on Head Bangers ball but Cher in black leather and lace doesn't make it hard rock in my world.

Blah blah blah, bullshit bullshit bullshit. All this paragraph says to me is that you're more interested in what other people say and think, rather than trying to make up your own mind. Once again you're talking reasons that have nothing to do with the actual music on 'Heart of stone', which is blatantly and obviously melodic rock/AOR. You're not really the smartest fella, are you?

The only song that is borderline AOR off Heart of Stone is " You wouldn't know Love" which of course Michael Bolton did. Why is it when you look at the play list of Michael Bolton's Greatest hits compilations that he never includes songs from his first 2 releases? Yet when you look at Cher's Greatest Hits cd's their loaded with tracks from her 80's releases? The answer is Bolton's early work was true AOR therefore not included with his later crooner releases,while ALL Cher's Pop hits flow together easily.

'You wouldn't know love' is borderline AOR but something like 'Emotional Fire' or the rest of the CD which is recorded exactly the same is not? You are the most oblivious poster I have seen grace these boards. What are you even talking about? So you're saying that a song like 'If I Could Turn Back Time' sounds like 'Believe'?

Unlike Robin Beck,Pat Benatar,Heart,Joan Jet,Lita Ford,Lee Aaron,Chrissy Steele,Lorraine Lewis,Debbie Davis and other female rockers who have had some pop appeal, Cher has never intended to be anything but a contemporary pop singer in the publics eyes.

Stop being dumb. I never said that Cher was not a tool for what is popular at a time, which from 1987-1992 just happened to be melodic rock/AOR, so she jumped on the bandwagon and recorded what everyone else recorded - melodic rock/AOR. Just like Robin Beck's excellent 'Trouble or Nothin'. Shame on her, good for us.

The bottom line is that the lions share of HH patrons don't have Cher in their demographics so why even list it?

So that people who are here to listen to good music without worrying what other people think of them might pick up an excellent melodic rock/AOR release they might otherwise not have considered. As per what Jeff wrote above, not everyone is an image-driven poser like yourself. Some people actually just like music based on if it's good or not. You should try it.

I've got to go it's about time for my poser class where I practice in the mirror on how many socks to put down my leather pants. Like Ted Poley, I'm a legend in my own mind.

HAHAHA! You is funny. Have you ever spoken or communicated with Ted? I think you'll find he's actually a very nice and down-to-earth guy.

Go comb your hair or ask someone to look at you while you're listening to a heavy metal album or something.

Guest MetalianStallion
Absolutely right Geoff.

Those 3 albums are absolute monsters. Heart of Stone is just stellar melodic rock.

Dan, as you already know there is some controversy in the air over the posting of Cher's 3 releases. By your statement here you seem to feel very strongly that they should be on your site, so I wonder why these albums where not posted 6-7 years ago with Shania Twain? Obviously it's your game, your rules but by your own statements you claim you follow a set of boundaries of what content is allowed on HH,not your personal taste I gather.

BILLY IDOL for a majority of his career without a shadow of doubt released melodic hard rock albums yet not one of his releases is on this site? One of your personal picks for 2008 Disturbed - Indestructible isn't listed either for good reason ,as it doesn't fall into the HH genre. IMO as I'm sure there are other examples this shows there are exceptions to the boundaries you adhere to.

Obviously feedback from HH users does influence you. The Spanish to English option was eliminated in the comment section. Those guidelines you set for English only seem to be not or selectively enforced as Spanish comments are entered often. I wasn't around in the good ol days before flaming was outlawed as personally I think it makes for entertaining reading as long as profanity laced tirades or threats are not involved.

I originally got turned onto your site through your live.365 internet station and your logo of AOR,hard rock ,melodic heavy metal, the more OBSCURE, the better is also my creed. I think the way I feel along with a lot of others is that once they see CHER(as a example) in the HH CLUB , that exclusive feeling and commradory we share with fans of OUR type of music is gone. As if you where to take a poll I would guess there would be a 70/30 split to eliminate Cher,Shania Twain, and other borderline artists.

You have a great site and it's free so I don't have anything to complain about,just throwing in my 2 cents worth.

Absolutely right Geoff.

Those 3 albums are absolute monsters. Heart of Stone is just stellar melodic rock.

Dan, as you already know there is some controversy in the air over the posting of Cher's 3 releases. By your statement here you seem to feel very strongly that they should be on your site, so I wonder why these albums where not posted 6-7 years ago with Shania Twain? Obviously it's your game, your rules but by your own statements you claim you follow a set of boundaries of what content is allowed on HH,not your personal taste I gather.

Because (1) I didn't think of it at the time, (2) no one ever submitted the discs, or (3) there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion about it. Every month CDs get added that were released back in the 1980s or 1990s. Just because they weren't added sooner does not diminish their "HH-worthiness" (for lack of a better term).

BILLY IDOL for a majority of his career without a shadow of doubt released melodic hard rock albums yet not one of his releases is on this site? One of your personal picks for 2008 Disturbed - Indestructible isn't listed either for good reason ,as it doesn't fall into the HH genre. IMO as I'm sure there are other examples this shows there are exceptions to the boundaries you adhere to.

I think you're overanalyzing things. I did a search here on the board, and as far as I can tell there is no conspiracy (nor discussion that I ever recall) over keeping Billy Idol off HH. Frankly, in my personal opinion, his material fits. I just don't happen to own any, and it's never risen to my radar to add him. If you feel strongly enough that his CDs should be part of HH, then submit them. (Mike, Pete, Ty, please chime in if you feel Billy Idol is inappropriate or if you can recall any discussion about his material).

Obviously feedback from HH users does influence you. The Spanish to English option was eliminated in the comment section. Those guidelines you set for English only seem to be not or selectively enforced as Spanish comments are entered often. I wasn't around in the good ol days before flaming was outlawed as personally I think it makes for entertaining reading as long as profanity laced tirades or threats are not involved.

Spanish comments were "banned" for English-sung material, but for albums/artists who perform in Spanish, I felt it fair to leave those comments. If there are new Spanish comments in English material, then they simply have fallen through the cracks. I personally don't play Spanish police all day long. Nor do I have the time to go back through tens of thousands of comments hunting for Spanish comments to delete. If I happen to be editing a CD and I see Spanish comments at the time, I'll delete them, but it's not a "value-added" task at this point.

I originally got turned onto your site through your live.365 internet station and your logo of AOR,hard rock ,melodic heavy metal, the more OBSCURE, the better is also my creed. I think the way I feel along with a lot of others is that once they see CHER(as a example) in the HH CLUB , that exclusive feeling and commradory we share with fans of OUR type of music is gone. As if you where to take a poll I would guess there would be a 70/30 split to eliminate Cher,Shania Twain, and other borderline artists.

The genres of HH at their CORE remain unchanged, and for every genre there will always be outliers or "fringe" arists or CDs. Boundaries are fluid and change over time (there have been plenty of discussions here about that in the past). Everyone is not going to always agree on the borderline CDs/artists to be included or excluded. See the lengthy discussions about Bryan Adams, Richard Marx, Rick Springfield, etc.

I think you're wrong in your assessment of how fans would line up on the 3 Cher CDs, at least amongst THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THE CDS IN QUESTION. The majority of dissension appears to be coming from those who are emotionally reacting to THE ARTIST and her pop history, rather than having heard the actual 3 CDs we're talking about.

Bottom line: If Britney Spears released an 80s hard rock CD, it would be listed here. Why? THE MATERIAL FITS. Focus on the material, not just the person's name (I will admit that there are listings on HH of individual releases that stray a bit, but because the artist's overall discography fits, the disc is included in favor of discography completeness; it's a gray area. I will frequently err in favor of discography completeness rather than excluding a CD, because there's no harm in it).

One final note: When you start posting in the comments section suggesting that people no longer donate to HH because you disagree with one of the artists posted here, you've crossed the line. You certainly have the right to withhold YOUR support because you don't like one of the artists here (although I can't find anything in my records to show that you have ever donated to the site), but when you start inciting other people to do likewise, I'll be damned if I'll give you the free space to promote something that has a potential negative effect on the site's long-term viability.

Harsh reality: This is my site, I pay the bills, and I'll run it how I see fit. Because donations are voluntary and there are no membership fees here, yes I'm a bit more free making unilateral decisions. Whenever possible, I try to give the moderators and the community input into what should or should not happen, what policies will be, etc., because I want to maintain a happy community and so that everyone can have fun enjoying Heavy Harmonies.

If my including or excluding a particular CD or artist offends your moral sensibilities, I'm sorry, but that's a "you problem" not a "me problem"...

-Dan

Well said, Dan...

Backed...Handled with class!! :drink:

as has been stated many times ..a Good Release is a Good Release!!

One great thing about this site is that Dan asks for and listens to our opinions.

If you don't like a particular artist listed here fine just pass over that artist and

go to the ones you do like!!

:unsure: I think I have her best of CD

I do, it is her Greatest Hits 1965-1992

I have that one as well. I...umm picked it up for the wife. :unsure:

I only picked it up because it was in a bargin bin for 99 cents :lol:

Guest MetalianStallion
Absolutely right Geoff.

Because (1) I didn't think of it at the time, (2) no one ever submitted the discs, or (3) there hasn't been a whole lot of discussion about it. Every month CDs get added that were released back in the 1980s or 1990s. Just because they weren't added sooner does not diminish their "HH-worthiness" (for lack of a better term).

I think you're overanalyzing things. I did a search here on the board, and as far as I can tell there is no conspiracy (nor discussion that I ever recall) over keeping Billy Idol off HH. Frankly, in my personal opinion, his material fits. I just don't happen to own any, and it's never risen to my radar to add him. If you feel strongly enough that his CDs should be part of HH, then submit them. (Mike, Pete, Ty, please chime in if you feel Billy Idol is inappropriate or if you can recall any discussion about his material).

Spanish comments were "banned" for English-sung material, but for albums/artists who perform in Spanish, I felt it fair to leave those comments. If there are new Spanish comments in English material, then they simply have fallen through the cracks. I personally don't play Spanish police all day long. Nor do I have the time to go back through tens of thousands of comments hunting for Spanish comments to delete. If I happen to be editing a CD and I see Spanish comments at the time, I'll delete them, but it's not a "value-added" task at this point.

The genres of HH at their CORE remain unchanged, and for every genre there will always be outliers or "fringe" arists or CDs. Boundaries are fluid and change over time (there have been plenty of discussions here about that in the past). Everyone is not going to always agree on the borderline CDs/artists to be included or excluded. See the lengthy discussions about Bryan Adams, Richard Marx, Rick Springfield, etc.

I think you're wrong in your assessment of how fans would line up on the 3 Cher CDs, at least amongst THOSE WHO HAVE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO THE CDS IN QUESTION. The majority of dissension appears to be coming from those who are emotionally reacting to THE ARTIST and her pop history, rather than having heard the actual 3 CDs we're talking about.

Bottom line: If Britney Spears released an 80s hard rock CD, it would be listed here. Why? THE MATERIAL FITS. Focus on the material, not just the person's name (I will admit that there are listings on HH of individual releases that stray a bit, but because the artist's overall discography fits, the disc is included in favor of discography completeness; it's a gray area. I will frequently err in favor of discography completeness rather than excluding a CD, because there's no harm in it).

One final note: When you start posting in the comments section suggesting that people no longer donate to HH because you disagree with one of the artists posted here, you've crossed the line. You certainly have the right to withhold YOUR support because you don't like one of the artists here (although I can't find anything in my records to show that you have ever donated to the site), but when you start inciting other people to do likewise, I'll be damned if I'll give you the free space to promote something that has a potential negative effect on the site's long-term viability.

Harsh reality: This is my site, I pay the bills, and I'll run it how I see fit. Because donations are voluntary and there are no membership fees here, yes I'm a bit more free making unilateral decisions. Whenever possible, I try to give the moderators and the community input into what should or should not happen, what policies will be, etc., because I want to maintain a happy community and so that everyone can have fun enjoying Heavy Harmonies.

If my including or excluding a particular CD or artist offends your moral sensibilities, I'm sorry, but that's a "you problem" not a "me problem"...

-Dan

Dan, thanks for the detailed response. I should have included this in my original statement but your 100% right as far as my comments about paypal donations. Although it was tongue and cheek ,I was totally out of line and apologize. I was caught up in the heat of the moment and was trying to ignite a response rather then be taken literally. I shall serve my sentence while passing the torch to my offspring ' Son of Stallion'

Speak for youself mate. Judging by comments so far your pretty much alone in your narrow minded opinions.

Guest MetalianStallion

What are you talking about here?

Didn't you say in another post you had a sense of humor? I haven't detected a hint of it yet.

Blah blah blah, bullshit bullshit bullshit. All this paragraph says to me is that you're more interested in what other people say and think, rather than trying to make up your own mind. Once again you're talking reasons that have nothing to do with the actual music on 'Heart of stone', which is blatantly and obviously melodic rock. You're not really the smartest fella, are you?

'You wouldn't know love' is borderline AOR but something like 'Emotional Fire' or the rest of the CD which is recorded exactly the same is not? You are the most oblivious poster I have seen grace these boards. What are you even talking about? So you're saying that a song like 'If I Could Turn Back Time' sounds like 'Believe'?

Stop being dumb. I never said that Cher was not a tool for what is popular at a time, which from 1987-1992 just happened to be melodic rock/AOR, so she jumped on the bandwagon and recorded what everyone else recorded - melodic rock/AOR. Just like Robin Beck's excellent 'Trouble or Nothin'. Shame on her, good for us.

So that people who are here to listen to good music without worrying what other people think of them might pick up an excellent melodic rock/AOR release they might otherwise not have considered. As per what Jeff wrote above, not everyone is an image-driven poser like yourself. Some people actually just like music based on if it's good or not. You should try it.

Go comb your hair or ask someone to look at you while you're listening to a heavy metal album or something.

:joust:

This thread is getting to be like beating a dead horse(no pun intended) so I will wrap up. The theme you keep driving home over and over is I am worried what other people think (Radio Program Directors,MTV,Record labels) instead of me making up my own mind (Cher ipiffany). You NOW claim to have a 'Come-by-ya' policy holding hands and helping others( 3 Cher reviews) discover her as a melodic rock gem.

Sounds good to me in a perfect world so just please explain your review(compared with Cher) on this LINK (one of many comment examples) and I will give Cher my AOR blessing and jump on the Geoff-Oid-Train with your faithful minions.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.c...96&CDName=4

:brutal_36:

Final Note: Try and take some points by Dan's response on how to conduct yourself with some class. Does your constant use of profanity ( F*CK) in reviews/boards serve any purpose or make you extra dangerous with the "*" ? Your a man on the edge, of needing a expanded vocabulary.

Sounds good to me in a perfect world so just please explain your review(compared with Cher) on this LINK (one of many comment examples) and I will give Cher my AOR blessing and jump on the Geoff-Oid-Train with your faithful minions.

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.c...96&CDName=4

Final Note: Try and take some points by Dan's response on how to conduct yourself with some class. Does your constant use of profanity ( F*CK) in reviews/boards serve any purpose or make you extra dangerous with the "*" ? Your a man on the edge, of needing a expanded vocabulary.

Mission:

Attempt number 89 for MetalianStallion trying to prove a point.

Verdict:

Blatant failure, again.

What has my review for that Foreigner disc got to do with Cher? Why are you doing this to yourself? Musically, that Foreigner disc is lighter than Cher's 'Heart of stone' but that has 0 impact on what album I like better. The simple fact of the matter is I don't like the songs on the Foreigner disc and I love the songs on 'Heart of Stone'. You're really struggling to get your head around a really simple concept, aren't you?

As I have said to you about 48 times now, I do not consider Cher's 'Heart of stone' to be any softer than thousands of melodic rock CDs we all listen to. And it is sure as hell "ballsier" than that Foreigner disc. As for which I prefer, that's my personal preference.

As for class, I've not met someone classier than I. I went to a cafe on Sunday morning and I have a suit in my wardrobe should I ever need it. I define class. As for my use of the word 'f*ck', I like to censor myself for the kids, you f*cking twat. HAHA! Nah, I kid. Lighten up man. But seriously, I just do it because I'm not a big swearer but sometimes when I get excited I use it to express my excitement without hopefully causing offence. Why the f*ck are you even bothering to bring this up? You really are grasping at f*cking straws, aren't you? When I got back from the f*cking weekend and noticed you'd skipped over my f*cking post I was so grateful to see this discussion was over. Now you come here and make a f*cking mongaloid of yourself and force me to do the same to myself. Nice f*cking going.

FYI, you should extend your vocabulary to include these few letters: "You're a man on the edge of needing an expanded vocabulary."

If I could turn back time

If I could find a way

I'd Lock. Down. This. Thread

And make it go awayyyyyy

I actually finding huge entertainment from this thread. :popcorn:

Guest MetalianStallion

http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.c...96&CDName=4]http://heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.c...96&CDName=4[/url]

Mission:

Attempt number 89 for Stallion trying to prove a point.

Verdict:

Blatant failure, again.

What has my review for that Foreigner disc got to do with Cher? Why are you doing this to yourself? Musically, that Foreigner disc is lighter than Cher's 'Heart of stone' but that has 0 impact on what album I like better. The simple fact of the matter is I don't like the songs on the Foreigner disc and I love the songs on 'Heart of Stone'. You're really struggling to get your head around a really simple concept, aren't you?

As I have said to you about 48 times now, I do not consider Cher's 'Heart of stone' to be any softer than thousands of melodic rock CDs we all listen to. And it is sure as hell "ballsier" than that Foreigner disc. As for which I prefer, that's my personal preference.

As for class, I've not met someone classier than I. I went to a cafe on Sunday morning and I have a suit in my wardrobe should I ever need it. I define class. As for my use of the word 'f*ck', I like to censor myself for the kids, you f*cking twat. HAHA! Nah, I kid. Lighten up man. But seriously, I just do it because I'm not a big swearer but sometimes when I get excited I use it to express my excitement without hopefully causing offence. Why the f*ck are you even bothering to bring this up? You really are grasping at f*cking straws, aren't you? When I got back from the f*cking weekend and noticed you'd skipped over my f*cking post I was so grateful to see this discussion was over. Now you come here and make a f*cking mongaloid of yourself and force me to do the same to myself. Nice f*cking going.

FYI, you should extend your vocabulary to include these few letters: "You're a man on the edge of needing an expanded vocabulary."

:gun3: Revised Paperback edit

I was shooting off the cuff and my statement above was referring to the content of the opinion not the grammar/spelling bee. Your previous quote from your first thread response keeps me up at night. " You make me want to vomit IN my mouth" Does that mean at first I repulsed you, but when you where in the process of vomiting instead of spewing you decided to savor the thought of me?

If your not a big swearer than there is no reason to drop the PG-13 version F bombs every other word. Unlike me, your not a dumb guy by reading some of your reviews so all profanity does is degrade your opinion. If you really get fired up then use it, but it loses it's effect after the 1,000 time. For now to keep people on the edge of their seats try mixing it up. example: *UCK.

F :censored:

You don't want to hear about the references I made of why 80's Cher isn't considered AOR in the industry so here are strictly my views using comparisons and examples of other artists.

ATTEMPT # 90 Collectors Edition: to prove a point MetalianStallion :duel:

At least the G Man lightened up with a little sense of humor. Since some entertainment value has been obtained from this thread I will refer to Geoff as a third person to put all readers in the loop. I'm a rookie to the blog/boards scene but this is serious business to some. The reason I put a bullseye on Geoff's head months ago is because IMO he considers HH his world as the 'Supreme Reviewer' and takes himself too seriously at times(exhibit A: AOR Freaky vs. Geoff files). Is AOR freaky still alive? Where is he when I need him?

IMO Geoff's claim to fame is cranking out reviews(Quantity/Quantity) as Guinness Book of World records has their eye on him for total number of entries recorded on one website. The regulars know what I am talking about as you can run but you can't hide from a his reviews. IMO some of his reviews are insightful and accurate but there are some inconsistencies not just different taste from others.

For Geoff to say on a previous thread that half the releases on HH (5,291 1/2 but who's counting) are as light or lighter than Cher - Heart of Stone is obviously not true. Dan start the AOR audit please for proof positive. Cher has nothing to do with Foreigner,just like she has nothing to do with Kane Roberts in which he makes the leap of comparison explained in my previous threads. But to have a Pop/AOR-light/ melodic rock standard you must have a common source to refer to(agree with) and what a better point of reference than the mighty band Foreigner. For as if you can't agree on something so obvious than how can you have a rational debate on any other artists?

Foreigner - 4, claimed by many to be one of the best hard rock/AOR albums of all time according to Geoff is " almost pop like " It's just so SOFT it's awful" " And it(heart of stone) sure the hell is "ballsier" than that Foreigner release". Along with bad taste which isn't in debate this is also totally FALSE. "Juke Box Hero" vs. what 80's track by Cher is harder? Did I miss Cher - The Metal years bootleg? Of course "4" has it's pop appeal "Waiting for a girl like you" but additional rockers " Night Life" "I'm Gonna Win" make no argument that this is a hard rock release.

Am I 2/2 yet or still grasping for straws? I don't have time or do people have the patience to get into the other many examples of the G- Man's flip flop rock.

Does Doghouse Reilly have any street cred here? He has given the only other Cher review(that hasn't been deleted) to counter some of Geoff's claims. What I see on this board is Geoff and a lot of back slapping mates :agree: for the most part. Has anyone on the boards dared counter or question "The ONE"? The Obama of HH.

And last but not least for the million dollar question under oath. Did Geoff submit those 3 Cher releases to HH?

Of course I will not have the last word. I would have better chances of picking up chop sticks with my butt cheeks. I return the keys of the kingdom to the G-Man as the HH board/comments are more important to him than life itself.

I need a Horse emoticon to ride off into the Sunset and meet AOR Freaky and Doughouse Reilly for lunch.

5-4-3-2-1.... Reply time to my thread half way across the world is 8.5 seconds. Does Geoff have a day job besides official HH reviewer from his 'Cher' Rock Bunker(parents basement)? If my comments are so annoying and pointless then why the immediately response to my every word with baited breath? The story along with the facts keep changing.

Okay, just a couple of quick things:

1. I have never ventured here and I apologise in advance, but it must be said. Plain and simply, mate, *EDIT* I am close to calling you a dickhead, but I'd feel bad and I refrain. But man you're annoying. *END EDIT*

2. Please learn to use the quote function.

3. Please stop replying. Everywhere here knows I don't have that ability, but I am praying for this to be over and only you can end it.

Here we go again...

I was shooting off the cuff and didn't have my pocket webster with me. Your previous quote from your first thread response keeps me up at night. " You make me want to vomit IN my mouth" Does that mean at first I repulsed you, but when you where in the process of vomiting instead of spewing you decided to savor the thought of me?

What a waste of a paragraph. I beg from you, silence.

If your not a big swearer than there is no reason to drop the PG-13 version F bombs every other word. Unlike me, your not a dumb guy by reading some of your reviews so all profanity does is degrade your opinion. If you really get fired up then use it, but it loses it's effect after the 1,000 time. For now to keep people on the edge of their seats try mixing it up. example: *UCK.

F :censored:

You're not telling me that this is the best way you can think to spend your time, is it? Again, silence. Please.

At least the G Man lightened up with a little sense of humor. Since some entertainment value has been obtained from this thread I will refer to Geoff as a third person to put all readers in the loop. I'm a rookie to the blog/boards scene but this is serious business to some. The reason I put a bullseye on Geoff's head months ago is because IMO he considers HH his world as the 'Supreme Reviewer' and takes himself too seriously at times(exhibit A: AOR Freaky vs. Geoff files). Is AOR freaky still alive? Where is he when I need him?

Thanks for figuring me out, profiler. Yes, I take myself very serious and all I've ever wanted from this life is to be Supreme Reviewer at HH. You just really figured me out. You get me. Congrats. And here I was, thinking you were a total moron. Man was I wrong.

IMO Geoff's claim to fame is cranking out reviews(Quantity/Quantity) as Guinness Book of World records has their eye on him for total number of entries recorded on one website. The regulars know what I am talking about as you can run but you can't hide from a his reviews. IMO some of his reviews are insightful and accurate but there are some inconsistencies not just different taste from others.

I'm famous.

For Geoff to say on a previous thread that half the releases on HH (5,291 1/2 but who's counting) are as light or lighter than Cher - Heart of Stone is obviously not true. Dan start the AOR audit please for proof positive. Cher has nothing to do with Foreigner,just like she has nothing to do with Kane Roberts in which he makes the leap of comparison explained in my previous threads.

My comparison to Kane Roberts was purely to point out the fact that both are Desmond Child projects and although KR may be heavier musically, the songs are still the same style. Nothing about the Cher albums has anything to do with Foreigner, musically or song-wise.

Foreigner - 4, claimed by many to be one of the best hard rock/AOR albums of all time according to Geoff is " almost pop like " It's just so SOFT it's awful" " And it(heart of stone) sure the hell is "ballsier" than that Foreigner release". Along with bad taste which isn't in debate this is also totally FALSE. "Juke Box Hero" vs. what 80's track by Cher is harder? Did I miss Cher - The Metal years bootleg? Of course "4" has it's pop appeal "Waiting for a girl like you" but additional rockers " Night Life" "I'm Gonna Win" make no argument that this is a hard rock release.

If this Foreigner CD is heavy enough for you stop making stupid assumptions and try the Cher discs. Your arguments are the most annoying I've ever encountered. Usually I find joy in musical discussions but you're just being a complete idiot. I don't care how heavy either album is. I like the songs on Cher's albums, I don't like the songs on '4'. Bad taste? Maybe. More likely, different taste.

Am I 2/2 yet or still grasping for straws?

You're 0/2 and still desperately grasping at straws.

I don't have time or do people have the patience to get into the other many examples of G- Man's flip flop rock.

Thank christ.

What I see on this board is Geoff and a lot of back slapping mates :agree: for the most part. Has anyone on the boards dared counter or question "The ONE"? The Obama of HH.

Nice assumption, from the clown who's been a member for a few days. More than half of the members here disagree with a lot of my musical opinions and have never been shy to voice it. Try getting a feel for the forum before making even more stupid assumptions than you already have. Just because you masturbate to either my CD reviews or some photos you might have obtained of me, doesn't mean anyone else here is caught up in your frightful adoration of me. You seem to be full of assumptions about my "standing" here but it all appears to be in your own head. All this 'Supreme Reviewer' and 'The One' and 'The Obama of HH' is all fresh news to me, obviously born from your desire to have sexual intercourse with me, or to be me? I'm not sure and I'm just glad there are oceans between us.

And last but not least for the million dollar question under oath. Did Geoff submit those 3 Cher releases to HH?

No, but I wish I had. Why would I deny it if I had? Do I seem embarrassed about my fondness of 'Heart of stone'?

For Geoff to say on a previous thread that half the releases on HH (5,291 1/2 but who's counting) are as light or lighter than Cher - Heart of Stone is obviously not true. Dan start the AOR audit please for proof positive. Cher has nothing to do with Foreigner,just like she has nothing to do with Kane Roberts in which he makes the leap of comparison explained in my previous threads. But to have a Pop/AOR-light/ melodic rock standard you must have a common source to refer to(agree with) and what a better point of reference than the mighty band Foreigner. For as if you can't agree on something so obvious than how can you have a rational debate on any other artists?

:unsure: What a load of crap... Common source of reference? What are you going on about now?? Good music is good music, if you don't like it - don't listen to it...pretty simple concept. You obviously still can't get over the fact that there are HH's members who enjoy listening to Cher - *UCKen deal with it!