Are you still buying music?

With the worldwide economic downfall have your music spending habits changed?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious to know if HH members music spending habits have changed at all do to the worldwide economic downward spiral.

Being that 2008 is in general a killer year for great music, have people stopped or put off buying stuff. Or you don't care and you need your music fix.

I tried to cut it down this year and buy less CD's, but I have the feeling I failed miserably ! I am at 370 CD's right now. :screwy:

:P

Yep still buying quite a bit. I'm trying to find Aussie sellers to avoid the extremely poor exchange rates, this has helped me to get lotsa cheap CD's this year. I guess I have still been ordering from AOR Heaven and NEH lots this year but I'm being a bit more selective with purchases.

Option #2 for me... I have cut waaaaay back on CD purchasing this year... which means compiling a "Best of 2008" list is gonna be a f**kin' bitch...

I have bought hardly anything lately aside from the load I grabbed as my birthday present. Though we are both still working, it seems like we have no extra money ever. Maybe with gas prices coming back down to earth things will loosen up a bit.

None of these really apply to me. I bought a million CDs this year when the USD/AUD exchange rate was close to equal but I haven't bought a single CD since it dropped and I have no intention of doing so anytime soon until:

a ) The rate goes back up considerably

b ) I get some money for CDs. Seriously, I'm assuming my CD buying habits earlier contributed to this, but f*ck the global financial crisis - my own personal financial crisis is what's f*cked me up completely.

Gone for option 2 ..... but I've cut down a little this year, I've never been a HUGE buyer just moderate about the 120 mark over the last few years...but may not reach 100 this year.

I picked the middle choice, but that's regardless of the economic situation.

What he said. Because I want to be cool just like Pete. Oh yeah, and because it's the truth. But mostly just because I want to be Pete-cool.

• 1 month later...