Favorite "X" Band

"X" Bands  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ahoy, landlubbers, and various sea-farin' swill-chuggers! "X" marks the spot, and here ye can find various musical treasures. If you can think of any "X" bands that I missed, feel free to write 'em in.

My vote goes to X-Sinner. With their AC/DC-meets-Def Leppard sound, they're one of my favorite Christian hard rock/metal bands from the 80s/90s. "Get It" has the kind of ballsy aggression so often missing from the Christian rock realm.

OK, now that I've x-pressed my views, how about yours?

XYZ without a doubt.

Ditto. Xenon would be second...

XYZ ...By default.

Xenon, as well !

I went through the list and honestly thought, 'Wow, I'm seriously not going to vote on this list.' Then, finally at the bottom of the list XYZ came to the rescue. I assume these other votes are from listeners who aren't familiar with XYZ?

X-Sinner for me. No contest.

Okay, all you guys are creeping me out. Is there a Xenon album I don't know about aside from 'America's new design' and whatever the second one was called, with 'China Sky' on it?

I don't mean to appear rude and to each their own, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how these guys can compare to XYZ. :)

I don't mean to appear rude and to each their own, but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how these guys can compare to XYZ. :)

me too.........

XYZ for me.

Okay, all you guys are creeping me out. Is there a Xenon album I don't know about aside from 'America's new design' and whatever the second one was called, with 'China Sky' on it?

Isn't Xenon more of a "Pomp" band like Styx?

Naw ...more melodic rock...not really pompy at all....or not to my old ears.

They had another E.P. out Geoff called Defying Gravity, the one with China Sky was Simple

They had another E.P. out Geoff called Defying Gravity, the one with China Sky was Simple

For some reason I thought they were in an article in your fav mag Classic Rock talking about the best Pomp bands/songs. :unsure:

For some reason I thought they were in an article in your fav mag Classic Rock talking about the best Pomp bands/songs. :unsure:

As Nick said, "melodic" rock, though I always thought they were very average. Kind of run-of-the-mill hard rock. IMO, of course. :)