Which Skid Row Album Is Better?

Better Skid Row Album?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

The first album by far wins out!

I was hooked on the first listen.

The second album needs a lot more getting into I think though is still good. It's silimar to Warrant's Dog Eat Dog. Different but still good but in no way as good as the previous ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
WTF.... the debut kicking STTG's ass?!?!? That's just crazy!

Backed. Both are classics of the genre but Slave took it to a whole other level. :banger:

Did not.

Hey I love the debut, it was a very important album for me when it came out but 'Slave' just kicked the living shit out of it IMO. :banger:

WTF.... the debut kicking STTG's ass?!?!? That's just crazy!

Backed. Both are classics of the genre but Slave took it to a whole other level. :banger:

Did not.

Hey I love the debut, it was a very important album for me when it came out but 'Slave' just kicked the living shit out of it IMO. :banger:

I agree...........With BC. ST all the way

I think these are two very different sounding CDs and two of my favorite CDs at that. But I have to go with Slave To The Grind, it just kicks so much more ass and is heavier than the first (in a good way). You know these are two of the best all time metal CDs because everyone always compares other bands to Skid Row. Seems like any time I ask who a certain band sounds like, most of the time Skid Row comes up (and then the CD almost always falls short of that lofty expectation).

• My Little Pony

Slave to the Grind. I had heard the S/T first, but wasn't as excited as when I heard their second effort. Love Monkey Business.

I think these are two very different sounding CDs and two of my favorite CDs at that. But I have to go with Slave To The Grind, it just kicks so much more ass and is heavier than the first (in a good way). You know these are two of the best all time metal CDs because everyone always compares other bands to Skid Row. Seems like any time I ask who a certain band sounds like, most of the time Skid Row comes up (and then the CD almost always falls short of that lofty expectation).

I was just thinking about how these comparisons to Skid Row always don't measure up as well.

There's a million bands it seems that get compared to them such as Falcon Scream and Sven Gali but as good as those two bands are they don't come close to Skid Row IMO.

I was just thinking about how these comparisons to Skid Row always don't measure up as well.

There's a million bands it seems that get compared to them such as Falcon Scream and Sven Gali but as good as those two bands are they don't come close to Skid Row IMO.

Sven Gali had a real shot at it if they could have recorded the 2nd half of their debut as good as the first half. Whilst not dead ringers for Skid Row as they had their own sound, those first 6 songs are just immaculate.

Falcon Scream, whilst being good, have a long way to go before matching it with either band.

Sven Gali had a real shot at it if they could have recorded the 2nd half of their debut as good as the first half. Whilst not dead ringers for Skid Row as they had their own sound, those first 6 songs are just immaculate.

Falcon Scream, whilst being good, have a long way to go before matching it with either band.

lets not forget Pyn Siren. close but not quite there

I stil have the same opinion as before...Slave kicks the S/T 's little bitch ass easily.

Yes, it does! I remember back in the day I used to frequent this country bar (just because me and my friend didn't have a car at that time back around 1992 AND if we did we wouldn't want to be driving it home after the bar closed for obvious reasons AND that bar was within walking distance). Slave To The Grind was one of the only decent CDs in the jukebox (yes, I said jukebox) and we would put like $20 bucks early in the evening and load it up with just that CD and all the cowboys that stumbled in throughout the night would be bitching about the music all night long. I thing VH - F.U.C.K. was the only other decent CD in that damn jukebox. Man, those were the days.

I stil have the same opinion as before...Slave kicks the S/T 's little bitch ass easily.

Hmm...

Not quite what the poll is showing at this point.... :whistle:

That means shit to me :whistle::lol:

Yes, it does! I remember back in the day I used to frequent this country bar (just because me and my friend didn't have a car at that time back around 1992 AND if we did we wouldn't want to be driving it home after the bar closed for obvious reasons AND that bar was within walking distance). Slave To The Grind was one of the only decent CDs in the jukebox (yes, I said jukebox) and we would put like $20 bucks early in the evening and load it up with just that CD and all the cowboys that stumbled in throughout the night would be bitching about the music all night long. I thing VH - F.U.C.K. was the only other decent CD in that damn jukebox. Man, those were the days.

Yeah, funny you say that. We use to play pool in this joint back in high school that had a jukebox. I remember being amazed that it had The Brave's Battle Cries cd in it. For what we spent on the jukebox we could have bought ten of the cd's. :lol:

I had to go with STTG.

The s/t is a great album, but I recall the second half being a little patchy (except 'Youth Gone Wild' and 'I Remember You' of course!).

STTG is just such a kick arse album tho its got to come out on top :headbanger: