Which Skid Row Album Is Better?

Better Skid Row Album?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is a constant debate on which Skid Row album is better. Their debut "Skid Row", with hits like, 18 & Life, I Remember You, & Youth Gone Wild. And then there is their 2nd album "Slave To The Grind". Which features hits like, Wasted Time, In A Darkened Room, & Slave To The Grind.

Personally, I am a big fan of Skid Row in general, so I like both albums. But, I like their debut "Skid Row" a little better! There is not a weak track on there(IMO).

So, which one do you like better?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As great as the debut is, I went with "Slave". I think their writing got so much better on the 2nd one and they rocked that much harder.

The 1st album was great but with Slave they took it to whole other level IMO.

The songwriting was better, the playing was better, and Bas' vocals were so much better, especially in songs like "Quicksand Jesus", "Wasted Time", and "In a Darkened Room".

"Slave to the Grind" is one of the few albums that unites both Hair Metal/Hard Rock fans and Heavy Metal fans IMO.

I like'em both but these days I prefer "Slave" simply because the hit singles from the debut album have become overplayed as hell. Every time I watch "Metal Mania" on VH1 Classic I am guaranteed to see either the "Youth Gone Wild" or "I Remember You" video for the ten millionth time, it's gotten to the point that I rarely if ever play the CD anymore...

I like'em both but these days I prefer "Slave" simply because the hit singles from the debut album have become overplayed as hell. Every time I watch "Metal Mania" on VH1 Classic I am guaranteed to see either the "Youth Gone Wild" or "I Remember You" video for the ten millionth time, it's gotten to the point that I rarely if ever play the CD anymore...

Yea, same here Man.. .Sure I like the debut, but Slave to the Grind is just THAT much better, and much less overplayed.....

S/T for me. But Slave kicks ass. I don't even own Subhuman Race or even have it on cdr.....from the songs that I have heard, I think its best I don't have it.

S/T for me. But Slave kicks ass. I don't even own Subhuman Race or even have it on cdr.....from the songs that I have heard, I think its best I don't have it.

Sub Human is actually my favorite Skid cd. Wes will tell you that it kicks major ass! It is not for the kind & innocent :P Let me know if you want a copy & I'll send the files to you bro.

JL

Skid Row got worse with each release. The first album was good, but the hit songs were highly overplayed. The second album was respectable, but got away from what made them so cool to begin with. The third album completey lost respectability. Sub Human Race was one of the worst albums ever created. It was so bad that I could barely listen through it one time. It was torture to my soul so bad that I thought only a band as bad as Nirvana could have created it.

Now Skid Row is going in a whole new ridiculous direction. It's scary how far they've fallen.

Slave by 50000000000000000000000000000000000000 miles!!!!

I agree 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%!! :rofl2:

Sub Human is actually my favorite Skid cd. Wes will tell you that it kicks major ass! It is not for the kind & innocent :P Let me know if you want a copy & I'll send the files to you bro.

JL

I love SubHuman. Especially "Beat Yourself Blind" :banger:

The third album completey lost respectability. Sub Human Race was one of the worst albums ever created. It was so bad that I could barely listen through it one time. It was torture to my soul so bad that I thought only a band as bad as Nirvana could have created it.

Now Skid Row is going in a whole new ridiculous direction. It's scary how far they've fallen.

Only if you're a Denver fan........

2 great releases but the debut wins out !

The third album completey lost respectability. Sub Human Race was one of the worst albums ever created. It was so bad that I could barely listen through it one time. It was torture to my soul so bad that I thought only a band as bad as Nirvana could have created it.

Only if you're a Denver fan........

Hold on there partner, I'm a Denver fan and you know how much I love both "Slave" and "Subhuman".

While I'll admit I don't enjoy the Solinger releases as much as the 1st 3 with Bach, there is no way that this band didn't show a huge amount of growth between 1st and 2nd releases. They went from having an 80's type hard rock sound(not that there's anything wrong with that) on the debut to adding a whole lot of Priest and Motorhead into the equation and wound up recording one of the greatest albums of the Hard Rock/Heavy Metal genre with "Slave to the Grind". I still don't understand for the life of me why people don't dig "Subhuman Race", I still to this day think it's a great album.

Everything that was Skid Row was stripped out of Subhuman Race. You couldn't even tell it was Bach singing and the music itself didn't even resemble old Skid Row in the least bit. And you got it wrong dude. I was a Denver fan. I have no team now.

Everything that was Skid Row was stripped out of Subhuman Race. You couldn't even tell it was Bach singing and the music itself didn't even resemble old Skid Row in the least bit. And you got it wrong dude. I was a Denver fan. I have no team now.

Hey Jacob, glad to hear you're not a Denver fan anymore :anon::P

I can't believe you can't tell that's Bach singing. Are you listening to the same cd?

I would honestly be content just to call it even and say they're two different albums, both as good as each other. For the sake of not sitting on the fence, though, I chose the s/t. Both albums have amazing best tracks, but I think I prefer the weaker tracks on the s/t compared to the weaker tracks on 'Slave to the grind'. Or do I? F*ck... I don't know.

I also like 'Subhuman Race'... 'Breakin' down' is one of my favourite songs ever, and 'Eileen' and 'Into another' kick ass too. 'Thickskin' is my third favourite Skid Row disc, though.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...