Which Skid Row Album Is Better?

Better Skid Row Album?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slave to the Grind for me......while I like their first release, I've always thought it was waaaayyy overrated....

I honestly like both but what it boils down to is which one still sounds fresh & which one sounds dated? I think that's easy to answer...

• 1 year later...

I love both albums but I'll never forget the first time I heard "SLAVE TO THE GRIND" I was completely blown away with how heavy it was...I kept asking myself "How did this band go heavier & not just follow the same formula as their debut?" I figured they would go more mellow but actually had the balls not to & with that they've always had my respect... :headbanger: Now if they would just bury the hatchet & reunite.... :whistle:

so what was the story with Slave? didn't they refuse to let the record company listen to the tracks or something like that?

It was too heavy & non commercial if I remember correctly. Kinda funny huh seeing how it turned out :) I still feel the same as I did before when I posted about this. I like the ST album but Slave buries it and still holds up today unlike the majority of the ST album.

'Slave To The Grind' by miles for me. The debut was good, but only had 2 or 3 songs that stood out as ones to keep playing, but the follow up was excellent all the way through, just full of great tunes.