What DVD's did you buy this week?

Dave

Latest acquisition...

THE GUARD POST--Korean horror/thriller from the director of "R-Point." Wouldn't normally have ordered this, but the trailer looked pretty cool and reviews indicate it brings the gore, which is always a plus in my book. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, though, so I can't say if it's any good or not.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Thrashed

Rat Skates' Born In The Basement

Haven't seen GET THRASHED yet, tho I'm dyin' to... I loved BORN IN THE BASEMENT, that's a great video... lemme know what you think of it...

FM - Back In The Saddle......Really looking forward to this one :bananamac:

The missus went to the post office today and came back with the envelope I've been waiting for from NEH Records......The FM DVD.....Well when she passed me the envelope I heard a noise coming from inside the envelope :yikes: .....I gave it a slight shake and yes, you could hear the disc had come adrift from its holder :doh: "Oh for fucks sake was my reply" .....When I opened it up, sure enough the disc was loose and scratched to the fuckin' shithouse....I could not fuckin' believe it....I quickly flicked through it to see if it played alright which it did but I have not played it all yet to see if there is any problems.....fuck that pisses me off....What do you do???? Even though it plays alright do you keep it with a shit load of scratches on it or do you ask for another one and probably end up paying the shipping back to the USA???? Fuck me!!!!!!!

Fuck I hate buying online....fuckin' hassle after fuckin' hassle.

On a better note, I purchased today from JB HiFi today, Rory Gallagher - Live At Montreux 2 DVD set for $9.99 Oz.

Well I've only watched the 1985 session so far and I must admit that I've watched the "Bad Penny" track 10 times already today and to me, that track is as good as any music will ever get, to me....consider this track as :bowdown: material.......really looking forward to the rest of it :tumbsup: .

Last Night I got..

The Eiger Sanction

The Enforcer (Remastered)

Sudden Impact (Remastered)

An American Werewolf In London

The Invasion Of The Body Snatchers (78 version)

Halloween II

What an absolutely fantastic list of films matey :tumbsup:

Eiger Sanction - One of my favourite Clint films :bowdown:

The Enforcer & Sudden Impact - Dirty Harry/Clint, can`t go wrong with that :tumbsup:

An American Werewolf In London - One of my all time favourite films, classic mix of dark humour and horror, fantastic FX for the time and great soundtrack :bowdown:

Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers - Donald Sutherland, very good remake of a classic original :tumbsup:

Halloween II - Always really liked this, most reviews seem to slam this :tumbsup:

Latest acquisition...

THE BURNING (Uncut)--had a bootleg of this 80s horror gem for years, but just finally got around to picking up the (fairly) recently released official DVD. The famous "raft scene" is a bona fide classic. Tom Savini's gore FX are pretty badass too.

Latest acquisition...

THE BURNING (Uncut)--had a bootleg of this 80s horror gem for years, but just finally got around to picking up the (fairly) recently released official DVD. The famous "raft scene" is a bona fide classic. Tom Savini's gore FX are pretty badass too.

Woo, I ain't seen this one in years. I believe it stars a very young Jason Alexander (of future "Seinfeld" fame) doesn't it?

Woo, I ain't seen this one in years. I believe it stars a very young Jason Alexander (of future "Seinfeld" fame) doesn't it?

Yes, yes, it does. And a young Holly Hunter as well. Wonder if either of them still list this credit on their resumes?

• My Little Pony

Hot Fuzz 3 disc collector's edition

Death at a Funeral

Two bloody hilarious British comedies. Death at a Funeral is too much to handle.

I've got a copy of "Dark Floors" - The Lordi motion picture.......Should be interesting :tumbsup:

Latest acquisition...

Love this movie, I`ve got the Rick Wakeman soundtrack on vinyl - excellent stuff :bowdown:

Great film, Cropsy was an ugly sod, some cracking make up FX :bowdown:

One of the only films in my horror heyday to make me jump, the raft scene is such a shocker B)

Starship troopers trilogy

Lost season 4

Friends seasons 1-10

Incredible Hulk

Iron Man

Mr Woodcock

Three kings

Harold & Kumar escape from Guantanamo bay

Bad Santa

Dexter season 1

Dexter season 2

BTCC championship 2005

Mock the week:Too hot for tv

Rentaghost series 1

The Goodies:The complete LWT series

Ren & Stimpy season 3 and a half-ish

Armstrong & Miller series 4

• 2 weeks later...

Latest acquisition...

RAMBO (2008)--my favorite film of the year, a totally badass, brutally-violent action movie, and a killer (no pun intend) return of an action-adventure icon/legend. Of course, now that I've finally picked this up on DVD, they'll probably release the uncut version next week...

Latest acquisition...

RAMBO (2008)--my favorite film of the year, a totally badass, brutally-violent action movie, and a killer (no pun intend) return of an action-adventure icon/legend. Of course, now that I've finally picked this up on DVD, they'll probably release the uncut version next week...

Not seen this one yet, First Blood is still one of my favourite films and love the song at the end of the film by Dan Hill - It`s A Long Road :tumbsup:

Latest acquisition...

Not seen this one yet, First Blood is still one of my favourite films...

Run--don't walk--to your nearest video store and correct your oversight immediately. Watching John Rambo back in action, slaughtering his way through the Burmese bad guys, will bring a big ol' smile to the face of any action movie junkie.

Latest acquisition...

Not seen this one yet, First Blood is still one of my favourite films...

Run--don't walk--to your nearest video store and correct your oversight immediately. Watching John Rambo back in action, slaughtering his way through the Burmese bad guys, will bring a big ol' smile to the face of any action movie junkie.

I might jog slowly matey, thanks :tumbsup:

kings x / gretchen goes to london , live at the astoria 5.6.90

arch enemy / tyrants of the rising sun, live in japan

nevermore / year of the voyager

nashville pussy / ive in hollywood

opeth / the roundhouse tapes