Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

12 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Mission Impossible

Pretty let own with this one.I expected more given all the hype.

A decent addition to the franchise, but nothing more.

Still enjoyed it, but was always waiting to be blown away by something during the movie....

Fallout?

wow mate you're hard to please.

was pretty awesome. even my wife agreed lol. 

Well in this case I did it to myself by going in expecting too much and having listened to too much hype.

"best action movie ever" was what I was expecting.

But I still enjoyed it. Will likely enjoy even more on a rewatch.

Revenge (2017) - a French revenge thriller, pretty bloody, similar to films like I Spit on your Grave, but  more extreme. Fun if you don't think too much about it

Hostile (2017) - also a French movie, drama and love story with some elements of survival horror mixed in, but mostly lots of drama especially at the end.

Death Wish (2018) an ok remake, but nothing special. I watched the original right after it too, also pretty good, been a long time since I first seen it

1 hour ago, Invisible_man said:

I remember how everybody was criticizing Waterworld. But when I watched it for the first time I found it to be pretty good

decent film but Costner is shit in it....as per usual ;)

Ready Player One (bluray)

great the second time around.

I still think that the challenges in the book are better. Especially the one about 2112...the Rush album 

12 Strong (2018) - one of the better Afghan combat films...worth checking out...

The Duel (2016) - western starring Woody Harrelson and Liam Hemsworth...one of the best westerns I've seen in many years although I haven't watched Hostiles yet...

What Happened To Monday? (2017) - above average scifi flick from Netflix ...

• My Little Pony
On 8/24/2018 at 1:10 PM, Dead Planet said:

Primal Fear (1996) - decent courtroom drama starring Richard Gere

That was one of my favourite films as a kid., I became obsessed with the idea of having multiple personalities. 

• My Little Pony

Deadpool 2 (2018)

I thought this was better than the first. 

Hereditary (2018)

So well done. You don't really know what's going on until halfway through the final act. Also that one scene that nobody anticipated! If you enjoy smartly assembled horror films, this is for you. 

Its Back Again :D "True Detective" on HBO. A few years back they did the series, with two different series (seasons)and different actors in each. They were both very good, intriguing and interesting murder mystery, crime/ police shows. I REALLY enjoyed them and hated seeing them each end. But now there is a new one out on January and Im looking forward to it. :D  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2356777/

Watched Deadpool II, enjoyed it just as much as the first one. Maybe a little more. ;) Then I watch Avengers Infinity War. :eek: WOW, Loved it!!  Great story, cool FX, CGI or whatever it is, lots of action. Lots of great characters, lots of surprises. Its gonna be a LONG wait for part two!! :(

Hereditary (2018) - okay supernatural flick...can't really recommend it as I found myself laughing through a lot of it and I'm pretty sure that was not the intent...lol

The Shape Of Water (2017) - another critical hit that turns out to be long, slow, boring and irritating...which is what I have come to expect from films that the 'critics' like...

Fly in to China today so got 4 movies in on the flight

Braven - typical man protecting family from unfortunate circumstances with bad guys and drugs.
Not bad, but pretty routine

I Feel Pretty - Was ok. Kind of like Shallow Hal but not as good.
Some fun moments though.

Borg McEnroe - describes Borgs attempt at a fifth straight Wimbledon win, while giving historic flashbacks to their (mainly Borg's) youths.
For a very short while I had an interest in the tennis and it was about this time so it was fun to relive.

The Big Lebowski - This movie is well regarded so I finally gave it a watch.
Was ok, but not all that. Maybe if I'd seen it 20 years ago I'd have been more impressed

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

The Big Lebowski - This movie is well regarded so I finally gave it a watch.
Was ok, but not all that. Maybe if I'd seen it 20 years ago I'd have been more impressed

Aww man this is a classic,one of my fav movies ever,I even have a dude tattoo :) 

I Am Vengeance - Wow, pretttty pretttty crap. Boring. Typical boxer/wrestler trying to act flick.
Avoid.

Upgrade - Pretty damn great.
Again, typical story, with a few twists. Some obvious, some not so much.
Loved the ending.
See.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:09 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Hereditary (2018)

So well done. You don't really know what's going on until halfway through the final act. Also that one scene that nobody anticipated! If you enjoy smartly assembled horror films, this is for you. 

Hereditary is a nice supernatural drama. But I think there are past movies such as Sixth Sense or Skeleton Key where the twist endings were more surprising and interesting.