Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) - loved it!...not sure WTF was up with the morons who slagged this film....Rogue One and Solo are my favorite SW films at least when compared to the latest trilogy....what a shame the Solo trilogy won't happen now, I would have loved to see 2 follow up films...!@#$%^%$#@!

32 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) - loved it!...not sure WTF was up with the morons who slagged this film....Rogue One and Solo are my favorite SW films at least when compared to the latest trilogy....what a shame the Solo trilogy won't happen now, I would have loved to see 2 Better than the last SW follow up films...!@#$%^%$#@!

Better than the last SW movie... but didn't blow my mind.

So I had my flight home = 3 more movies.

Rampage - wasn't gonna watch this one, but I love me some Rock, so I gave it a go.
Really crappy premise in how the animals got so big. The science was weak and lame. I reckon the Rock was maybe given some of the CGI scenes they were working on and said yes. The CGI was pretty great.
Best bit is that Negan was in it. Also one of the two newer guys from the end of the series The Office (new Jim)
Cross between Transformers and Godzilla.

Tomb Raider - wasn't gonna watch this one either, but had a go. TBH I prefer the Angelina Jolie version. In this new one Lara does a bit of MMA at the start and from there she turns into an indestructible high endurance action hero with no fear.
Unrealistic and pretty lame. Story was basic and predictable. Very much like Raiders Of The Lost Arc. Ending was weird.

American Animals - Best bit about this one is that it is a true story. otherwise it would have been a bit boring. They tell you this at the start which is good because it make the movie worthwhile. Won't blow your mind, but worth a watch.

Mission Impossible : Fallout (2018) - excellent...another fine addition to the series...I can't help but wonder how much longer Cruise will be able to do these sorts of films...maybe 1 or 2 more at most...

Sicario : Day of The Soldado (2018) - above average action flick well worth checking out...

American Assassin (2017) - decent action flick...not something I'm apt to watch again any time soon though...

Once Upon a time in America (1984) - been about 10 years since I've last seen this movie. Watched it again, good crime drama from Sergio Leone about friendship, with Robert De Niro and James Woods. For some reason it's never on cable, maybe because it's pretty long. Good movie.

Adrift (2018) - pretty good melodrama

Walking Tall - back when Dwayne was billed as The Rock. One of his early movies.
basic formula, and I like it. Johnny Knoxville is ok in it. Neal McDonough is his usual awesome bad guy.

On 3/16/2014 at 4:29 PM, Fat Freddy said:

"Piranha II: The Spawning" (1981) - Italian-made followup to the 1978 killer fish hit ups the ante by giving the toothy suckers the ability to fly (thanks to an ill advised government gene splicing experiment) and turns them loose on vacationers at a Caribbean resort.

Cheap, gory fun -- the "flying fish" effects look like big leather handbags with wings! -- that marked the directorial debut of James Cameron of future "Terminator" and "Titanic" fame. He maintains to this day that he doesn't consider "Piranha II" to be "his" movie since he was apparently fired during the editing process.

I watched both 1 and 2 a few days ago, fun stuff. I knew that Cameron was director of second one, but did not know that it was Italian-made. But when end credits rolled,  lots of Italian names, so that makes sense :)

Skyscraper - some really fucking silly bits, and some really lame lines, but overall you get what you expect.

The way the Rock gets around on one leg makes me want to lose on. I'd be more agile than I am now lol

some 80's horror...

Night School (1981) - very good slasher from the 80's. Can't remember having ever seen it.

One Dark Night (1982) - with young Meg Tilly and Elizabeth Daily. Good movie.

Bad Dreams (1988) - pretty good late 80's supernatural slasher. Seen it before a long time ago, but remembered it being scarier.

Watched the first 3 Harry Potter movies over the weekend with my sons,id never seen any of em,not bad,enjoyable enough   :)

Edited by lettard

On 9/10/2018 at 5:16 PM, Dead Planet said:

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) - loved it!...not sure WTF was up with the morons who slagged this film....Rogue One and Solo are my favorite SW films at least when compared to the latest trilogy....what a shame the Solo trilogy won't happen now, I would have loved to see 2 follow up films...!@#$%^%$#@!

I want to see this but I refuse to buy the Bluray as Disney now insists on separating the DVD and not combining all 3 mediums into a "Bluray/DVD/Digital" release that seems to be the norm.

I noticed this when The Last Jedi came out and I did a little looking and I see they are doing this on all the new releases. Stupid cash grabbers.

Anyways still want to see it and shame to hear that there may have been others that aren't going to be made.