Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Incredibles 2

Took the kids,my wife & I thought meh...a bit long drawn out and not a patch on the 1st,some really good moments like Jack Jacks Power etc but overall....just a bit meh.

Kids loved it though and that's what matters from both our point of view and indeed the filmmakers :)

"Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" (2017)
As DC's teen heroes plunge into battle against Deathstroke and crazed religious cult leader Brother Blood, they learn that they have a traitor within their own ranks. This animated adaptation of the classic Marv Wolfman/George Perez epic (one of the best comic books of the '80s IMO) has been updated from its '80s origins to fit current DC continuity, so some of the faces and characters have changed from the story I remember, but it's still a fun, action packed flick with plenty of the usual cartoon ultra-violence and cool voice casting (incl. the late Miguel Ferrer making his final film appearance voicing Deathstroke, and Christina Ricci as Raven!).

"Amityville II: The Possession" (1982) 
Another ill-fated family moves into the infamous house on Ocean Avenue and soon their teenage son is hearing demonic voices that inspire him to put the moves on his own sister (yuck!) and eventually commit all-family homicide.  
This sequel is actually sort of a semi-"prequel," as it's basically a very loose adaptation (with plenty of supernatural embellishments) of the real-life murders of the DeFeo family who occupied the house prior to the Lutz family moving in. As an added bonus, the movie turns into a pretty decent ripoff of "The Exorcist" in the last 20 minutes, as the family's priest struggles to save the boy's soul before he gets the electric chair. "Amityville II" is nastier, more mean-spirited and way sleazier than the original film, and as a result it's the best movie of the whole damn franchise!

On 5/22/2018 at 1:51 PM, metaltrekman said:

I watched "Hostiles" w/Christian Bale. I enjoyed this one very much. I thought it was a very good story. Would definitely recommend it. :D

yes, Hostiles is a very good drama/western, good acting, good story and beautifully filmed. I enjoyed it a lot, and was worried about the characters throughout the whole film

A Quiet Place - a bit of a slow start, but overall a good horror drama..

Train to Busan - a fun South Korean horror/action about zombies

5 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

The Hurricane Heist (2018) - this was not as bad as the critics would have you believe....not great but worth a watch....

I thought it was worth the watch, in the style of "Hard Rain". I enjoyed it.

"Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage" (2010)
Way cool, in depth history of the Canadian power trio's long and storied career, loaded with vintage clips, interviews, and commentary from famous friends and fans incl. Gene Simmons, Jack Black, Billy Corgan, and more. A treasure trove of eye and ear candy for Rush fanboys and an entertaining, educational doc for newbs too.

"The Amityville Terror" (2016)
A dysfunctional family moves into a creepy old house which, of course, has a dark past. When weird supernatural stuff starts happening, it's up to the teenage daughter to uncover the secrets of the house before it claims her and all of her loved ones. In other words... same sh*t, different movie!
...I've been on an "Amityville" kick lately for some ungodly reason, but holy crap, this was bad. It made "Amityville 3-D" look like the Royal Shakespeare Company.
I soon learned that this no-budget, community-theater level slab of schlock is part of a recent wave of cheap horror flicks that have no connection to the "real" Amityville franchise aside from the town's name in the title. So at least I learned that I can safely avoid the other in-name-only knock offs that are floating around my various streaming channels, like "Amityville Theater," "Amityville Asylum," "Amityville Death House," and "Amityville Exorcism."
AVOID.

The Five-Year Engagement - some nice jokes and actors which made the movie a bit more ''raunchy'' and stand out from other romantic comedies. Jason Segel and Chris Pratt are great as well as Jason Segel's parents in the movie, Chris Parnell, Randall Park and Brian Posehn

4 hours ago, simo said:

Started watching that one recently but stopped less than halfway through, a bit boring I thought

he looks so young in it!

1 hour ago, Dead Planet said:

Avengers : Infinity War (2018) - decent superhero flick although I'm getting a bit weary of the whole SH stuff and the fact that it is only part 1 of 2 films doesn't help...

brilliant movie 

On 8/2/2018 at 5:03 AM, Glen said:

Risky Business (1983)

early Cruise film.... hasn't aged well.

good movie, aged just fine. The sex scene with Rebecca De Mornay on the train with In the Air Tonight is great :)

I watched Truth Or Dare (2018) a pretty good and suspenseful teen slasher, not as good as Final Destination but reminded me of that.

Jurassic World - Meh
Avengers Infinity War - Great
Death Wish - Good
Pacific Rim 2 - Meh

On 10/18/2015 at 5:43 AM, CureTheSane said:

There Will Be Blood.
Been sick with the flu and this came on so I watched it again even though I hated it the first time.

Thought it may be better second time around and it wasn't :(

saw bits and pieces of this over the years, but yesterday sat down and watched the whole movie. Definitely a memorable movie that sticks with you, good drama. Now going to watch some parodies of 'I Drink your milkshake" phrase :)