Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"I, Tonya" (2017)

Margot "Suicide Squad" Robbie portrays white-trash figure skating queen Tonya Harding in this tongue-in-cheek biopic which details Tonya's rough childhood, her rise to stardom, and the inevitable fall from grace due to her alleged involvement in the now-infamous "Nancy Kerrigan incident."
Great performances all around, esp. by Alison Janney, who won an Oscar for her turn as Harding's chain-smoking, foul-mouthed mother from Hell. 

"Amityville: The Awakening" (2017)

A new family - including high school Goth cutie Bella Thorne and her invalid twin brother - moves into the infamous house at 112 Ocean Avenue. Of course, it doesn't take long before the trademark Amityville boogedy boogedy stuff like swarms of flies, mysterious whispers, etc., etc. kicks in. Can Bella convince her Mom (a slumming Jennifer Jason Leigh) that All Is Not Right Here before the house claims them all as victims? 
According to Wikipedia, "Awakening" is the 17th (!) film based around the "Amityville" legend. I've only seen a handful of 'em, some of which are better than others, but I would file this latest installment  under "Junk, but at least it's fun junk."

I always enjoy the "Superhero" movies. BOTH DC & Marvel. Of course some better than others. I watched Black Panther last weekend and thought it was pretty good. AND.. I watched "Hostiles" w/Christian Bale. I enjoyed this one very much. I thought it was a very good story. Would definitely recommend it. :D

Dead Pool 2

Better than the first, and the first was great.

Almost a parody of superhero movies - surprised that they went as far as they did with some jokes, but that's what made it great.

• My Little Pony
10 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

A Quiet Place (2018) - pretty good horror flick...probably the fewest words spoken in a movie...check it out if you have the chance...

Shouldn't really be classified as a Horror. That will definitely keep people from watching it. It's pretty much just Suspense and Drama. Similar to Signs. 

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Shouldn't really be classified as a Horror. That will definitely keep people from watching it. It's pretty much just Suspense and Drama. Similar to Signs. 

Hmmm...monsters running around killing people...I think horror is pretty close...maybe scifi/horror....

"Baron Blood" (1972

A young American comes to Austria to visit a castle belonging to his infamous ancestor, "Baron Blood" - a Vlad the Impaler-style homicidal torture fiend. Like an idiot, he reads a magic incantation that ends up bringing the old boy back from the dead and sets him off on a new killing spree. Can he figure out how to send his great-great-great grandpappy back to hell? 
Mario "Black Sabbath" Bava directed this Gothic Euro-horror entry which started out promising but turned into a slog by the halfway point. It's got some nice scenery and set design but everyone in the cast over-acts to the point of pure ham. Thankfully, '60s/'70s Euro-hottie Elke Sommer provides ample eye candy in a variety of tight sweaters and short skirts.

I rewatched Blue Murder which was an Aussie mini series based on Roger Rogerson and police corruption.
Last year there was a sequel to this which I taped and can now get to with it all fresh in my mind.

Also saw Father Figures which was funny enough. The kid peeing scene was pretty funny.
Owen Wilson and Ed Helms made a refreshing change from Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn.
Wouldn't buy it, but worth a watch.

What About Bob? *(1991)*

I love Bill Murray:rofl2:

High Plains Drifter

Fistful Of Dollars

Because they were on TV

Also saw Gringo, which looked funnier in the preview than it was.

Not bad, worth a watch I guess.

• My Little Pony
On 5/31/2018 at 9:39 AM, Dead Planet said:

Tomb Raider (2018) - good action adventure flick...at least as good as the other 2 TR films...IMO

Never heard of this. 

"L7: Pretend We're Dead" (2017)
Cool documentary about the rise and fall of the all-girl '90s punk band, who were buddies with grunge royalty like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, the Smashing Pumpkins, etc. but were never quite able to make a mainstream breakthrough. Lotsa cool vintage live clips and road stories. These gals were and still are badass.

7 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

"L7: Pretend We're Dead" (2017)
Cool documentary about the rise and fall of the all-girl '90s punk band, who were buddies with grunge royalty like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, the Smashing Pumpkins, etc. but were never quite able to make a mainstream breakthrough. Lotsa cool vintage live clips and road stories. These gals were and still are badass.

My mother cleans houses and Gail Greenwood is one of them! Newport R.I.

2 hours ago, The Rocker said:

My mother cleans houses and Gail Greenwood is one of them! Newport R.I.

Nice! :headbanger:

After watching the L7 doc, Amazon recommended this one:

"Betty Blowtorch and Her Amazing True Life Adventures" (2006)

Another cool doc about a badass all-girl rock band! This flick tells the chaotic story of L.A.'s Betty Blowtorch, a late '90s femme punk/metal combo who were just starting to turn heads with their sleazy tunes and in-your-face 'tudes. Unfortunately their career was cut short when lead singer and ring leader Bianca Halstead (aka "Bianca Butthole") was killed in an auto accident while on tour in late 2001.  I didn't get hip to B.B. till they were already broken up (their "Are You Man Enough?" album is a stone cold classic BTW) but this doc's mix of interview footage and clips of the gals throwin' down on stage and off filled me in and let me know that I missed out on one hell of a kick-ass band! 

On 11/9/2017 at 4:19 PM, CureTheSane said:

24 Hours To Live.

Comparisons to John Wick got me excited, only to be let down by a very B grade revenge flick.
Pretty messy with no real flow.
Was OK to watch once.

I thought 24 Hours to Live was pretty good.... 

I also watched Shot Caller, nice criminal drama