Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Agreed,he is pretty indestructible  :) really enjoyed it though

My expectations were probably a bit high after the first one, so I was a little let down.

Second time i watched I really enjoyed though.

Kind of like The Equalizer.

Looking forward to JW3 though.

Watched Bumblebee on Saturday night with my sons,enjoyed it,its a fair bit better than the last few movies for me.

Watched The Dirt last night,after reading the book many years ago and reading for so long about a movie in the works it was nice finally see it,enjoyed it for what it was and yes it was congested but there was no way all that was in the book would make it to film...it'd be on for days lol  :)

Edited by lettard

On 2/5/2019 at 7:20 PM, Dead Planet said:

Overlord (2018) - pretty good WWII action flick, check it out if you have the chance...

Overlord is pretty fun action/horror, worth a watch if you like that type of stuff. However I  I expected it to have more plot twists and more suspense, so in that way I was a little let down.

4 minutes ago, Invisible_man said:

Overlord is pretty fun action/horror, worth a watch if you like that type of stuff. However I  I expected it to have more plot twists and more suspense, so in that way I was a little let down.

Yeah it wasn't the best flick I've ever seen but considering most of the crap being put out these days , it was a nice change of pace from all the superhero stuff...

24 minutes ago, martinsane said:

Binging on season 3 of the Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix.

If you haven't seen it watch it it is brilliant!

Yeah, I'm through the first 4 episodes.
Will do the rest over the next few days, then wait 12 months for season 4 :)

11 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, I'm through the first 4 episodes.
Will do the rest over the next few days, then wait 12 months for season 4 :)

I know right thats the worst. PLowed through them all and as mentioned great show and can't wait for season 4!

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a Charles Bronson kick lately....all are dated by still worth watching if you're a fan....

The Mechanic (1972)

The Stone Killer (1973)

Mr Majestyk (1974)

St. Ives (1976)

Telefon (1977)

Love And Bullets (1979)

Borderline (1980)

Murphy's Law (1986)

Messenger of Death (1988)

One of the reasons I like them is seeing all the old cars from those days, the violence is pretty tame by todays standards....

Two horror flicks....

The Cursed (2010) - average at best horror about a monster in the woods killing people...like that hasn't been done before...

Fragile (2005) - much better horror flick about supernatural stuff in a hospital about to be closed down...

Escape Room (2019) - nothing new here, bunch of idiots get stuck in some escape rooms....it was watchable as it was mostly well done as you guess the order in which the idiots get killed lol

The Silence (2019) - an attempt at matching "A Quiet Place" which ultimately fails but it was still watchable...

On 5/24/2012 at 7:59 PM, Nightrain said:

OLDBOY (2003)

a controversial Korean movie, if you like some thriller/mystery thing and a bit disturbing i must say, sick in some places, well this one worth a try. Many praised this, but I think it's kinda okay and a bit overrated, and I don't see myself watching this twice lol the short 'Bruce Lee' action part isn't really awesome, if you haven't watch Indonesian movie, THE RAID, i suggest watch that asap. But the plot here is somehow smartly twisted, keep you asking and asking along the game, and the ending is quite sad and painful, and the acting is very good too.

the twist at the end of Oldboy was good, I agree both sad, painful and disturbing...

I watched both the 2003 Korean original, and I also watched the American remake from 2013. I think the ending in the remake is easier to understand, in the Korean it's a bit confusing. Anyway, a good revenge movie, I definitely recommend

• My Little Pony
21 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

the twist at the end of Oldboy was good, I agree both sad, painful and disturbing...

I watched both the 2003 Korean original, and I also watched the American remake from 2013. I think the ending in the remake is easier to understand, in the Korean it's a bit confusing. Anyway, a good revenge movie, I definitely recommend

It's part of a trilogy. Sorta. Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, and Lady Vengeance.

They're not directly connected. Only in theme. But they're all good. I think I preferred Lady Vengeance. 

Seeing Avengers in a couple of hours :)

Saw Muriels Wedding last night, which hasn't help up all that well.
Also saw Under Seige 2 which was actually pretty good. Been a long time since I've seen it and I guess you lump it in the 'average sequels' pile but it was better than that.
After that Rock Star came on so I watched that as well. Soundtrack was better than I remembered. Fun movie, easy to watch.