1994 - Choose your album

auslander

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

God its getting bleak now. 

I do love that Live album though 

The wilderness years for our genre... 

I agree about the Live album. You gotta find good music where you can.

In 1994 I was all about Soundgarden and Nine Inch Nails. 

Now though I really appreciate Tesla and Gotthard.

So, I'm going with Tesla (their last great album) and my favourite track is Mama's Fool.

so from the graphic I'd say Frontline 

I actually took a look at 94 and I can muster a decent top 10 : in no order

Brett Walker, Atlantic, Steve Perry, Cliff Magness, Talisman, Frontline, Gotthard, Sass Jordan, Vain, Gotthard

Pretty good actually. 

95 is when it got reeeally barren ;)

I always thought the '94 releases from Cinderella and L.A. Guns were underrated.  And in my opinion Vicious Circle was better than Hollywood Vampires and Still Climbing was better than Heartbreak Station.  Tough call for me between those two and the Crue album, but I'll give the edge to L.A. Guns.  

Bit torn on this one as I checked my archives and I rated Frontline above Tesla, in which case that would be my pick, with 'It's not over' amongst the best songs of the whole year. But special shout out to Tesla (and 'Rubberband') as they're basically on par with each other. I kind of hate picking Frontline and those horrendous vocals (but awesome songs) over Tesla. :(

LA Guns, Cinderella and Motley Crue rounding out a nice top five. 

• My Little Pony
22 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Bit torn on this one as I checked my archives and I rated Frontline above Tesla, in which case that would be my pick, with 'It's not over' amongst the best songs of the whole year. But special shout out to Tesla (and 'Rubberband') as they're basically on par with each other. I kind of hate picking Frontline and those horrendous vocals (but awesome songs) over Tesla. :(

I was under the impression you had avoided that Cinderella album until recently. Or am I thinking of a different album? 

12 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I was under the impression you had avoided that Cinderella album until recently. Or am I thinking of a different album? 

Definitely not this one. Had this one for decades, always dug it. But you've got me curious now as to what album you're thinking of. 

• My Little Pony
3 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Definitely not this one. Had this one for decades, always dug it. But you've got me curious now as to what album you're thinking of. 

Could be thinking of the wrong person, altogether. You white people all look the same to me. ;}

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Geoff said:

haha, you know I completely missed that Tesla album top left.

A couple of fillers but that would be in my quick top 10 I posted above. 

19 minutes ago, Glen said:

haha, you know I completely missed that Tesla album top left.

A couple of fillers but that would be in my quick top 10 I posted above. 

Despite my picking Frontline, and kind of regretting it, I am genuinely surprised Tesla aren't running away with this one. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Despite my picking Frontline, and kind of regretting it, I am genuinely surprised Tesla aren't running away with this one. 

I went with Queensryche.  

Gotthard would be my #2, but Frontline would be #3.

As you said, awesome songs and I didn't mind the vocals, but the production was horrendous. 

I still love it though.

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

You can change your pick if you want 😆