What are some popular hair metal ballads that you hate?

AlphaMale

The story behind " When The Children Cry " is about the orphans that left behind wars.

You , Zachary, would know that if your a huge fan.

Edited by Doggy

4 minutes ago, Doggy said:

The story behind " When The Children Cry " is about the orphans that left behind wars.

Yeah...

The real reason Mike Tramp wrote annoying stuff like that is that he was so good looking he didn't need to be in a band to get chicks. Bastard.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, auslander said:

Stryper - Honestly

Mr Big - To Be With You

These are probably the only ones I'd agree with so far in this thread. 

Until 'Lady,' though, every single Stryper ballad is atrocious. And I never liked 'To be with you' one little bit. My mind was truly blown the day I found out it was a "hair band" ballad, after assuming it was some pop/reggae act for years upon years. 

All the others I quite like. 'When the children cry' is painful, lyrically, but I actually like the song. 

I feel like a lot of this thread will come down to what people are sick of hearing repeatedly, whilst not always being about whether the song was awful or not... imo. ;)

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

I think I've mentioned my distain for "Poison" several times, so I have to add "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" to this thread.

Nothing anybody mentions in this thread will be worse than this atrocity. I even felt a bit nauseous typing the title.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Doggy said:

You , Zachary, would know that if your a huge fan.

Don’t care it’s still a track I can’t listen to and yes I am a huge fan. 

I have to confess I love a good ballad. A few have been overplayed for me, but there are some I will never tire of, like:

Love Bites by Def Leppard

Is this Love by Whitesnake

Don't Close Your Eyes by Kix

18 and Life by Skid Row

Beggars and Thieves by Beggars and Thieves

Fly High Michele by Enuff Z'Nuff

Fly to the Angels by Slaughter

Free by Stryper

Non-Stop to Nowhere by Faster Pussycat

Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses

(Sorry bout hijacking the thread and turning it into ballads I love 😆)

• Haha 2

Yeah mate, like I said above, there's only two songs I don't like so far in this thread. Fact of the matter is, as much as pop music rightly so has a bad rap, it's very unlikely that a bad ballad from a good band is going to be selected as a single. 

37 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Yeah mate, like I said above, there's only two songs I don't like so far in this thread. Fact of the matter is, as much as pop music rightly so has a bad rap, it's very unlikely that a bad ballad from a good band is going to be selected as a single. 

And they are often the gateway drug to the heavier stuff. I remember when I first heard Sweet Child O Mine I just could not believe what my 11 year old ears were hearing, so I bought Appetite for Destruction and when Welcome to the Jungle started up... oh man.

I love a ballad.
Always thought WASP were surprisingly good at them.
Gotthard knew they made killer ballads
Twisted Sister never really managed to nail them, but I didn't hate theirs

I like everything mentioned here.
The only really popular ballad that comes to mind that I never really took to is Fly High Michelle.

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

I think I've mentioned my distain for "Poison" several times, so I have to add "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" to this thread.

Nothing anybody mentions in this thread will be worse than this atrocity. I even felt a bit nauseous typing the title.

Thanks man.  Because of this post, now I'm nauseous, too.  What a horrible song.

• Like 1