Crazy Lixx - Street Lethal (2021)

Aordave89

Does anyone have a clean pair of shorts I can borrow?

the first two tracks were awesome but this one puts them to shame.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Listened to this....only one time through so far.  Quite clear the vibe of this album is like 80's fighting movies/inspirational "Rocky"/"Karate Kid" type stuff after we had a horror vibe with Ruff Justice and a carefree summer vibe with Forever Wild.

At least initially, the first half feels stronger or maybe just more instant to me than the second half.  For me, the first 3 songs (after the short into tune) are just fantastic.  We'd basically already heard the first 2 but really dig The Power also.  

One thing I absolutely don't like is the 2 minute musical interlude Final Fury.  It seems pointless to me and it just breaks up the momentum of the album.  I'm just not a fan of this type of stuff especially in the middle of albums.  They should've just cut this down to 30-45 seconds and made it part of the next tune IMO.  This will definitely be a skip and it's easy enough to just eliminate it once it hits streaming :) 

Second half still pretty good...bit more varied.  I suspect there could be growers for me with some of these.  Caught Between The Rock N Roll has kind of a cool vibe to it.

Overall the album feels a little bit short being that it's really only 9 tunes with 2 musical bits.  I suppose the last song is like 2 songs in one though clocking in over 7 minutes.  Either way, still kind of feels like there should be one more song or something.

Good stuff though :headbanger:.

Edited by tts42572

Like this a lot,but tis not as good to me atm as the last few...can see where as pointed out the inspiration is coming from,could definitely see many of these on soundtracks in the 80's...and Danny channeling his inner Paul Stanley ala God Gave Rock n Roll To You on The Power :P

24 minutes ago, lettard said:

Like this a lot,but tis not as good to me atm as the last few...can see where as pointed out the inspiration is coming from,could definitely see many of these on soundtracks in the 80's...and Danny channeling his inner Paul Stanley ala God Gave Rock n Roll To You on The Power :P

Yep, the 80's KISS is their biggest inspiration easily. Thanks God. :rolleyes:

Very solid album! 2 instrumentals are a waste and could have used the time for a 3 plus minute "song". Thief is a good song, but did not need to be over 7 minutes. 2 play throughs and the stand outs are, Rise Above, In The Middle, One Fire for me but NO bad songs at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Rocker said:

Very solid album! 2 instrumentals are a waste and could have used the time for a 3 plus minute "song". Thief is a good song, but did not need to be over 7 minutes. 2 play throughs and the stand outs are, Rise Above, In The Middle, One Fire for me but NO bad songs at all.

Is it out yet?

It feels different to their previous albums... Only 9 real songs, more guest writers... There is a breath of fresh air but a bit less of what I need from Crazy Lixx. My favourite is "Caught between the rock & roll". Sounds like old-school CL even though Danny didn't write it. Thief in the night isn't really a long-track. It's a three minute song covered in a 4 minute coat. I think with two more songs I'd buy the album but right now there's nothing really making me wanna buy it.

It's a really cool album (as if these guys would do anything else) but it sounds to me like a really good band that's been doing a really good thing for quite a long time now. They sound comfortable, perhaps? The music and melodies are all on point, and as per what you'd expect from Crazy Lixx. One thing that stuck out a bit for me on this one was the lyrics. Of course these guys have never been the Shakespeares of melodic rock, but it sounds a bit more phoned in than usual on this one. Very much "this'll-do" type of 80's inspiro lyrics, which is the only thing I could fault this album on. 

I do completely acknowledge that you don't listen to an album like this for the lyrical journey, but a bit more thought from the chaps next time wouldn't be lost on me. 

That all said, it's Crazy Lixx doing what they do best and I thoroughly do enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Sadly, the Final Fury instrumental is probably sonically the best thing on the album. Could have used a full song with that synth vibe.

agreed. Find the sound a bit distorted, especially when compared to some other albums this year.

Many inspiro lyrics which I generally hate,  but crazy lixx do it well. 

overall, good album but it's a way off Ruff Justice or New Religion. 

On 11/5/2021 at 12:09 PM, The Rocker said:

Feel the same.

Don't like the 2 instrumentals at all and have already removed those from my spotify playlist.  Feel exactly the same about Thief....I basically listen to the first 4 minutes and then skip back to Rise Above at the start.  

They should've just cut that Final Fury song down to 30-45 seconds and added it as the beginning of Street Lethal.  Then should've added another 3 minute tune of some sort to have 10 actual songs. 

My standouts are Rise Above, Anthem for America, Caught Between Rock N Roll and In The Middle of Nothing.  I like the Power quite a bit too.  But every song is an enjoyable listen.

I do dig the album quite a bit.  I think I'd probably put it 3rd in their discography behind New Religion and Ruff Justice if I were ranking their albums. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Feel the same.

Don't like the 2 instrumentals at all and have already removed those from my spotify playlist.  Feel exactly the same about Thief....I basically listen to the first 4 minutes and then skip back to Rise Above at the start.  

They should've just cut that Final Fury song down to 30-45 seconds and added it as the beginning of Street Lethal.  Then should've added another 3 minute tune of some sort to have 10 actual songs. 

My standouts are Rise Above, Anthem for America, Caught Between Rock N Roll and In The Middle of Nothing.  I like the Power quite a bit too.  But every song is an enjoyable listen.

I do dig the album quite a bit.  I think I'd probably put it 3rd in their discography behind New Religion and Ruff Justice if I were ranking their albums. 

no way in a million years is this album better than the debut 

• Like 2

Anyone know of the Japan bonus song?

45 minutes ago, Glen said:

I actually think it's their weakest (still good though) yet,apart from maybe Riot Avenue...all of their releases are good though

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Anyone know of the Japan bonus song?

Never mind. It's a slow piano version of Anthem Of America.  PASS!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Glen said:

I was just never that taken by the debut and rarely listen to it.  Think I only have 3 tunes off it in my main playlist...Hollywood, Want It and Love On The Run.   Heroes Are Forever is good too but I prefer the reworked version on the s/t album.

Maybe I need to revisit it sometime.

Debut is arguably their patchiest album, but it also contains some of their best ever songs, to date. One of those albums that when it's good it's amazing, when it's bad it's not that great. But the highlights are immense.