Crazy Lixx - Street Lethal (2021)

Aordave89

I agree that the debut is better than Street Lethal. It’s not their but as Geoff says, when it’s good - it’s good. Some of my favourites are deeper cuts such as  ‘Hell Or Highwater’, ‘Pure Desire’, and the killer bonus track ‘No Guts, No Glory’. Laney adds his magic also. I guess the debut holds sentimental value also as that’s when I discovered them. 

Fast forward 14 years and Street Lethal is a solid disc. I’m not sure these guys could do anything other. However I do echo the majority re the instrumentals and lack of a couple more big hitters. Surely 9 tracks with the Japanese bonus being a piano rework of Anthem falls a little short. I’d love to hear some of the throw away songs. 

Overall it’s a great disc but it falls behind Loud Minority, Forever Wild, Ruff Justice and dosent hold a candle to New Religion - for me at least. I’d say it’s on par with the S/T but better than Riot. 

Seeing them live next month, looking forward to it. Here’s the full album release show if anyone was interested -

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aordave89 said:

I agree that the debut is better than Street Lethal. It’s not their but as Geoff says, when it’s good - it’s good. Some of my favourites are deeper cuts such as  ‘Hell Or Highwater’, ‘Pure Desire’, and the killer bonus track ‘No Guts, No Glory’. Laney adds his magic also. I guess the debut holds sentimental value also as that’s when I discovered them. 

Fast forward 14 years and Street Lethal is a solid disc. I’m not sure these guys could do anything other. However I do echo the majority re the instrumentals and lack of a couple more big hitters. Surely 9 tracks with the Japanese bonus being a piano rework of Anthem falls a little short. I’d love to hear some of the throw away songs. 

Overall it’s a great disc but it falls behind Loud Minority, Forever Wild, Ruff Justice and dosent hold a candle to New Religion - for me at least. I’d say it’s on par with the S/T but better than Riot. 

Seeing them live next month, looking forward to it. Here’s the full album release show if anyone was interested -

Great set. I'd have thought on an album release party they'd play more of the new album 🤔 

36 minutes ago, Glen said:

Great set. I'd have thought on an album release party they'd play more of the new album 🤔 

As far as set lists go it’s excellent. But I thought the same - 2 songs from the album… strange. 

4 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

I’d say it’s on par with the S/T but better than Riot. 

I would've said that but after revisiting the self titled its actually better than i'd given it credit for at the time of its release...that said this isn't a bad album either...but when your back catalogue is as good as theirs thats what happens.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lettard said:

I would've said that but after revisiting the self titled its actually better than i'd given it credit for at the time of its release...that said this isn't a bad album either...but when your back catalogue is as good as theirs thats what happens.

I hear you and absolutely agree - As a collective their back catalogue is stellar. Ranking the S/T towards the bottom isn’t to say it’s poor, far from it, it’s testament to how good the others are :lol:

There are a few tracks on the S/T like Psycho City, Wrecking Ball Crew and Ain’t No Rest (sounds like it should be on Riot Avenue) that I don’t rate as high. Still a killer disc though. 

New Religion
Forever Wild
Ruff Justice
S/T
Street Lethal
Loud Minority
Riot Ave

I'd probably go...

New Religion   

Ruff Justice

Forever Wild

Loud Minority

Crazy Lixx

Street Lethal

Riot Avenue 

Edited by lettard

3 hours ago, lettard said:

I'd probably go...

New Religion   

Ruff Justice

Forever Wild

Loud Minority

Crazy Lixx

Street Lethal

Riot Avenue 

I'm not too far away from you...

For me, its:

New Religion

Ruff Justice

Forever Wild

Street Lethal

Crazy Lixx

Loud Minority

Riot Avenue

It's almost a tie for me between Forever Wild and Street Lethal but I have to knock Lethal down a notch being it's only really 9 tracks.

poor Riot Avenue 😁

Still contains 5 of my favourite Crazy Lixx songs :

Riot Avenue

Be Gone

Church of Rock

Only The Dead Know

Into the Night.

tbh I'd rather listen to those songs over most of the stuff on Street Lethal

I agree thought that all albums are good and probably range between 75% (at the very worst, probably closer to 80%) and 90%. 

• Like 2

• My Little Pony
On 11/15/2021 at 1:58 PM, uncleb67 said:

Kinda looking to find some of their older CD’s, but it seems like most of them are out of print! Anyone have any ideas? I’m here in the USA

I'm guessing the usual suspects: Amazon or eBay. Though you'll pay through the nose.