I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Had a lovely Black Sheep Ale last night, went well with the chili I made. :)

A quality pint mate :tumbsup:

You know me, I'm a huge fan of English ale. Best in the world IMHO! :beerbang:

Backed and something I shall be investigating more over the coming festive period! :drink:

You and me both! In fact I'm taking advantage of probably my last chance to relax until sometime this weekend by enjoying a freshly poured pint of Wychwood's "Bah Humbug" Christmas Ale clocking in at 6.0% ABV. Yum!!! :beerbang:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A quality pint mate :tumbsup:

You know me, I'm a huge fan of English ale. Best in the world IMHO! :beerbang:

Backed and something I shall be investigating more over the coming festive period! :drink:

You and me both! In fact I'm taking advantage of probably my last chance to relax until sometime this weekend by enjoying a freshly poured pint of Wychwood's "Bah Humbug" Christmas Ale clocking in at 6.0% ABV. Yum!!! :beerbang:

The stuff from the Whchwood brewery is generally excellent., although I haven't tried the 'Bah Humbug' as of yet. I have the usual stuff lined up, Speckled Hen, Bishops Finger, Timothy Taylors 'Landlord', Fursty Ferret, Leffe etc, but may take a trip later to our local ale shop to search out a few more fine brews. Enjoy mate. :beerbang:

For tonight I picked up a 30-pack of Coors Light, a 12-pack each of the Smuttynose and Saranac winter samplers, and I've got several bottles of wine as well... it's all good!

btw bro, those are some STRONG ales you got there! :blink:

It's 3.15pm on Chrissy day and I'm already half pissed.....Just wait until the night is over :yikes: ....God help me :christmas:

I've just poured myself an Arrogant Bastard and I'm sure the effect will live up to it's name.

Arrogant Bastard Ale ROCKS!! :beerbang: I got one of those chillin' in my fridge right now, just waiting for the right moment to savor it...

I myself have consumed an obscene amount of beer over the holiday... between my brother and myself we killed a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon and an 18 pack of Miller Genuine Draft between 5 PM Christmas Eve and 5 PM Christmas Day... and I still have the aforementioned Arrogant Bastard bottle as well a 5-liter "mini-keg" of Heinken (gift from an office mate) that have yet to be cracked... then I came in to work this AM and found a six pack of Blue Moon Winter Ale waiting for me on my desk from another co-worker... I love this time of year, everybody wants to get me drunk!!!

Last night we consumed many beers. In fact we drank the house dry. Luckily there was a gas station right across the street and even luckier it was the only place open Christmas night. But I got over there the the beer coolers were almost empty! It was a very scary sight. They had no cold Coors Light and when I asked if they would stock some the girl working there snapped at me that someone was working on it. I ended up walking straight into the back room and grabbing a case. Also grabbed a 6 each of Leinenkugel's Nut Brown Seasonal, Bud American Lager and Labatts Blue. Good stuff!

It's 3.15pm on Chrissy day and I'm already half pissed.....Just wait until the night is over :yikes: ....God help me :christmas:

God was even unable to help me :whistle::christmas:

I've just poured myself an Arrogant Bastard and I'm sure the effect will live up to it's name.

Arrogant Bastard Ale ROCKS!! :beerbang: I got one of those chillin' in my fridge right now, just waiting for the right moment to savor it...

Try the oak aged version... now THAT is an arrogant bastard of a beer! :beerbang:

Visiting a few pubs/ale houses/inns in a few hours in order to get nicely merry with one of my pals!

Ha ! I know where you will be going !! ;)

Enjoy it, mate !! :chug:

Kept the bed nice and warm last night... no wonder my wife loves me so...

Hope she wore a gas mask! :blink:

Shhhh, you'll ruin her surprise Christmas present!

On New Years Eve I got a 6 pack of Leinenkugels Oktoberfest. It wasn't too bad. Today I picked up a 6 pack of Shiner Bock. I liked it quite a bit better, but it wasn't perfect. Next time I think I will go with a name I trust. Maybe MGD or Michelobe Amber Bach.

Been drinking wine mostly since I got here on Wednesday but I have had a few beers, those being Kronenbourg 1664, Grimbergen, and Guinness... because no matter where I am, I always love a good pint of Guinness! :beerbang:

• My Little Pony
Guinness... because no matter where I am, I always love a good pint of Guinness!

Amen, brother. That's gotta be a slogan, not for Guiness, but for life - my life.

lSpatenOctoberfestBottle.jpg

Has anyone else tried this brew? I'm pretty sure it's the one I tried at Fishbonz in Tulsa. It was one of the best brews I have ever had. The other Oktoberfest from Spaten wasn't near as good. I really need to find a 6 pack of that. The mystery of what I drank that night has bothered me for a while. I'm glad I finally did a search to find out.

Has anyone else tried this brew? I'm pretty sure it's the one I tried at Fishbonz in Tulsa. It was one of the best brews I have ever had. The other Oktoberfest from Spaten wasn't near as good. I really need to find a 6 pack of that. The mystery of what I drank that night has bothered me for a while. I'm glad I finally did a search to find out.

Spaten is a classic German beer and all of their styles are pretty damn good, personally I'm more of a Hacker-Pschorr fan though, this one in particular:

HackerPschorrDunkelWeisse.gif

Mmmmm, yes, Hacker-Pschorr is DA BOMB yo!

I spent 5 nights of my trip up at my brother's place in Forster and I have never seen so much booze passed between a couple of dudes. Every night, into the wee hours of the morning - 2 sunrises included. My last week on the road was booze free but I'm sure parts of me were still drunk from the week before. :lol:

Spaten is a classic German beer and all of their styles are pretty damn good, personally I'm more of a Hacker-Pschorr fan though, this one in particular:

HackerPschorrDunkelWeisse.gif

I've had that brand before and I remember liking it quite a bit but can't remember if it was the dark or a different flavor.