Temple Balls - Pyromide (2021)

Aordave89

58 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

Just listened to the 1 minute samples on itunes, this is going to be a very good year for our music!

Thanks for the heads up....Just checked them out also.

Agree...sounds killer.  Honestly, I think I like the sounds of basically every song more than the one they chose for the first single.  

After hearing those samples I think this will definitely top their last album.

Sounds solid. I remember the last album had a really good vibe too, but I wasn't blown away by the actual songs. This sounds like it could be a bit better so I'm looking forward to it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Great tune

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, lettard said:

Couple of spins through now and its solid,more listens needed but it sounds very good indeed.

I've been listening to samples the past couple days trying to decide if I want to preorder this.  I know it can be tough to tell from samples but you can get a pretty good gist of a tune in 90 seconds most of the time...

From the samples, I'm really digging 5 tunes:  Long Ways, Long Lies, TOTC, Bad Bad Bad, What Is Dead Never Dies and Heart of a Warrior.  I have a hunch Bad Bad Bad will be my favorite tune on this based upon the samples but we'll see.  

The rest don't sound bad either though.  The only one I think that I'm not caring much for at all is the ballad If Only I Could.

Either way, while I liked their last album, thinking I'll be liking this one more.

5 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I've been listening to samples the past couple days trying to decide if I want to preorder this. 

Either way, while I liked their last album, thinking I'll be liking this one more.

Think you’ve answered your own question there..

On 4/9/2021 at 1:34 AM, Aordave89 said:

Think you’ve answered your own question there..

Yeah, think I did lol.

My thing is that I'm trying hard not to buy many CD's anymore.  I mean, I'm barely listening to them at all.  The last couple I've bought I've basically only pulled out the booklet to follow along lyrics while streaming on spotify.  I've been working to trim down my CD collection.

That said, still trying to buy a few for bands I really want to support or albums I know I'll just have to have.

I went ahead an pre-ordered this one.  It was only like $11 on Amazon with free prime shipping so really can't go wrong.

The more I've listened to the samples, the more I'm digging it.  I think it's pretty likely to become my favorite release so far year to date but we'll see ;)

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 11:41 PM, tts42572 said:

Yeah, think I did lol.

My thing is that I'm trying hard not to buy many CD's anymore.  I mean, I'm barely listening to them at all.  The last couple I've bought I've basically only pulled out the booklet to follow along lyrics while streaming on spotify.  I've been working to trim down my CD collection.

That said, still trying to buy a few for bands I really want to support or albums I know I'll just have to have.

I went ahead an pre-ordered this one.  It was only like $11 on Amazon with free prime shipping so really can't go wrong.

The more I've listened to the samples, the more I'm digging it.  I think it's pretty likely to become my favorite release so far year to date but we'll see ;)

Based on the samples, Jona’s involvement again and their natural progression I am expecting one hell of a hard rock album that will comfortably sit in my ‘Best of 2021’ list come year end. 

On 4/9/2021 at 12:49 AM, tts42572 said:

I have a hunch Bad Bad Bad will be my favorite tune on this based upon the samples but we'll see.  

And Erik from H.e.a.t co-wrote it ;) 

Its not a bad album,can't decide if I like this one more than the last release..they are very similar

Got this CD today and think I have to take back any apprehension I had above.

This is some fantastic melodic hard rock and feel like this is probably my favorite release so far this year.

I do think Bad Bad Bad is my favorite tune but Long Ways Long Lies is right there too.  The ballad If I Only Could is really the only song I'm a little iffy on but it's not a bad tune by any means.

Can clearly tell Jona's influence here and there are some H.E.A.T vibes.  But these guys still have their own identity.

I listened to their last album earlier this week and for me this blows away their previous 2 albums.  Just better songs and more melodic to my ears.

Edited by tts42572

What can I say.. I knew the moment this was announced it would kick ass without even hearing a note of music. Man have they delivered.

Excellent slice of straight up Hard Rock. Melodic in the right parts with riffs and killer solos to boot. The band are on form and Jona does what Jona does best. Their previous album is awesome but this one tops it for me. More variation and everything is just next level.

Not a single bad track on this but ‘Unholy Night’... that’s some tune. 

Will be in my best of 2021 for sure.

4 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

What can I say.. I knew the moment this was announced it would kick ass without even hearing a note of music. Man have they delivered.

Excellent slice of straight up Hard Rock. Melodic in the right parts with riffs and killer solos to boot. The band are on form and Jona does what Jona does best. Their previous album is awesome but this one tops it for me. More variation and everything is just next level.

Not a single bad track on this but ‘Unholy Night’... that’s some tune. 

Will be in my best of 2021 for sure.

For me their last album was really just so-so.  I mean, I liked it as a nice, new find but I really only go back to a few songs on it now (Kill The Voice, Distorted Emotions and The End).  I think my problem was that quite a few of the songs just didn't grab me for some reason...Stuff like Seven Seas of Wonder, Badlands, Leap of Faith, Hoist The Colors....None of those really had much appeal to me at all.

This new one though is definitely on another level from their past stuff.  I was even a little lukewarm on the opening single Thunder From The North when it dropped but that song really kicks off this album perfectly and I dig it quite a bit now after hearing it within the context of the album.  

At least for me, it's easily my favorite release so far this year.  

Just thought I'd drop this tune in here.  Might be my favorite tune on the album.  Just sticks out as being something different for these guys and one of those tunes you find yourself humming after hearing it.

Believe Erik Gronwall and Jona Tee both had a hand in the writing of this one.  Not sure if it might've been a H.E.A.T tune that maybe never got done or if it was specifically written for this album.  Either way, digging it.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony
On 2/7/2021 at 12:43 PM, Darkstone said:

Ha! Yeah, you're right.

I just checked it out and it's slang for a type of hashish apparently. 

It's actually quite fascinating.  I'd love to try one. 

https://www.edrosenthal.com/the-guru-of-ganja-blog/2018/7/12/the-lost-art-of-temple-balls-a-hashish-master-and-his-student-explore-the-preservation-of-resin

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Interestin' cause the bass player said that the name came from when he was reading a rock bio for Andy McCoy from Hanoi Rocks and he said the rain fell on the the two words Temple & Balls so he went with that...the explaination from you guys sounds much more realistic tbh.

Temple Balls reveal the story behind their band name which has nothing to do with testicles - Sleaze Roxx

Edited by lettard

• 2 months later...